BeautyHacker

Had consultation for fat graft in Seoul

Hi, everyone, just to share my first experience of Korean plastic surgery, haha.
I recently had the online-consultation in few clinics, Wonjin, JK, hershe and ID Plastic surgery.

I found it soooo hard to make my decision which hospital I should go with my surgery that I've been dreaming for a long time.
So yeh! I decided to go to Korea, staying away from work for few days.
The first clinic was hershe that I personally liked the assistance's way of speaking, being kind and very specific with her explanation about their services and surgery.

The first impression that I had when I got into the clinic was very warm and friendly. =P
The assistance that I had the online consultation was the same person and greeted with her big smiley face.
The quote given was quite higher than my budget because there were few other surgeries recommended by the head surgeon but she told me that I don't have to perform those surgeries necessarily.

Even though I could get free accommodation with certain amount of the quotes, I was only interested in fat grafting so she helped me to understand the surgeon's explanation.

The surgeon I met explained to me about donor stem cell combined with fat graft.
When I asked them to explain further, they showed me the laboratory room where the stem cells are stored.
The surgeon explained to me that the researcher in the laboratory room induces protein culture medium from harvested adipose stem cell. So, basically, the stem cell used for the fat graft is like initial concentration of cosmetic product! That was why it could be used not only with fat graft but also laser treatment to make the effect much better.

It all sounded so clear to me so yeh, why wouldn't I decide to go head with them?
I felt so thankful for the surgeon and the assistance to help me understanding about the stem cell.

I was not going to perform any surgery before I become 100% clear with the clinic that I choose.
And yes, so it's been more than a month now since I did full face fat graft.
The assistance told me I need to wait for few more months to see the very final result but my face was not too swollen so it looks so natural and love the result already. Feel free to ask me questions!

So, basically you can think of it as the original amount of cosmetic product, like an ample. So, once this stem cell is combined with the laser treatment, they said that it gives synergy effect to maximize the result.

Great info=) I went to hershe yesterday and the consultation went so smoothly. I like their way of speaking, not pushing the patients to do surgeries. I forgot the name but one of the doctors suggested me to do my nose because my nose is wide and bulbous. In short, they answered my question perfectly.

• 1 month later...
Funny thing. I consulted with Hershe as well for fat grafting, and came away entirely unimpressed with the experience.

I wrote about my consults in a previous post, and won't recapitulate it, but suffice to say, there is very little real science in their marketing spiel regarding fat grafting.
There is no such thing as "donor" stem cells. In the context of plastic surgery and fat grafting, you either receive your own (autologous) stem cells harvested along with fat from another area of your body and re-transplanted, or you're not receiving stem cells, period.

Transplantation of non-self stem cells for therapeutic purposes is currently limited to the treatment of diseases like multiple myeloma and certain leukemias, aplastic anemia, among other serious life threatening conditions, and carries risks like rejection of the donor cells (GVHD), susceptibility to infection, acute rejection, etc.

I wish they would stop misinforming patients.