BeautyHacker

UVOM and 1st timer rhino Q’s

Hi, I’ve been lurking here for over 4 months now trying to do my research on this.

Im looking to have my nose done. I’m unsure whether I just need a tip plasty or a full rhino with a hump removal and some sort of implant (do you need an implant after an osteotomy?) since my bridge is pretty high and it is relatively slim already. I figure once I consult a clinic they would let me know, but it seems like the latter is the popular choice for “better balance”.

UVOM seems like my first choice so far, but I saw this review on google:
“This clinic's staff writeS fake reviews on purseforum to trick foreign patients to have plastic surgery. It is unethical, disgusting and illegal. This account was banned on purseforum and they took a Korean patient's photos and assumed her identity and began writing on forums praising the clinic as if it was her. They also photoshop the results. CROOKS!“​

Can anyone confirm what this is about? From what I can gather that this alludes to, it seems to be some sort of misunderstanding between a user named Watermelonyy and the people here confusing her as a promoter?

I just want to find as much info about UVOM as I can, and so far asides this one review, I can’t seem to find anything negative about this place but at the same time, not much is being said about it either. I can’t read Korean but if there’s anything I should know please do tell.

I also want to confirm a few questions.

1. Payment method; will a Visa credit card be ok? Or a debit card? What is most commonly used for payment? I prefer not to carry cash.

2. If wire transfer, how long is this process?

3. I’ve read that Uber and google maps isn’t great in Korea. I’ve heard about Kakao Taxi as an alternative. How does this work? Do I need a SIM card in Korea to use it? (I’m not super familiar with Kakao) My Japanese friend who tried to use uber in Canada couldn’t use it because she had a Japanese SIM card; I’m assuming something similar would happen to me in Korea?

4. I’m planning to bring my s/o on this trip. I’m worried he will be bored during my recovery period. What are some things we can enjoy in Korea while I recover?

5. What’s this about tax refunds for plastic surgery? Ive never traveled to a foreign country before let alone have surgery, so I’m unaware of this stuff; how does this work?

6. I can’t seem to find a proper source to figure out peak seasons for surgery in Korea. I’m planning to go sometime in March because the flights I see are cheaper. Winter seems to be popular, and summers are considered hellish and terrible for recovery?

Is there anything else a first timer traveling abroad to fix their nose should know?

Thanks for reading all my questions.

Hi :smile:
I’ll be happy to answer some of your question based on my experience last week

1. i carry cash, i know some people can pay with credit card and some people have problem with their card
3. Kakao taxi need to use korean letter, so prepare to learn how to write korean & add korean keyboard on your phone.. or maybe just ask help from someone to type
I usually just hail taxi (the light is off when they hv passengers but red/green they still took you)
I use my homecountry simcard and pay roaming fee for internet
I heard about the wifi egg

4. My mom accompanied me on this trip and i tried to accompany her go shopping around the area (i stayed very close to Garosugil area) And we go back early so i can do my regular ice pack compress and sleep
maybe you need to find accommodation near shopping district so they can walk around while you rest for recovery

5. my clinic gave me a tax refund slip on the last day, i just went to scan the barcode & pasport before immigration and go search for “global tax refund” counter After you pass immigration

6. yes i heard that peak season are school holidays & winter
And i also heard that summer are the worst

and please pack some bromaline to reduce the swelling
Korean addresses of your clinic & accomodation is a MUST
If you want to go like Myeongdong, I usually just google the nearest hotel name and find the korean address to show the taxi driver

I hope it helps!