BeautyHacker

Do I need 2-Jaw Surgery in Korea? (advice, recommendations, pricing etc)

Hey all,

I have been watching this forum from afar for quite some time and have finally decided to ask for some advice about my situation.

From a young age, I have had a lot of dental procedures (2y retainer, 4y braces, 2y retainer) The dentist said that I would eventually need jaw surgery as my lower jaw has overgrown the top causing a crossbite. I have gone to several orthodontists in Canada who have recommended that I would need to wear braces for 1y, get two-jaw surgery, and then have braces for another 2y (3y total). I decided that I didn't want to go through the pain of more dental work.

Fast forward 4/5 years, my condition has gotten worse and I've been feeling quite self-conscious about it (even more than before). The internet brought me to two-jaw surgery in Korea, where people have said that they didn't need braces pre-op and sometimes even post-op. At first, I enquired through Finddoctorkorea who quoted me 30m KRW for two-jaw and v-line surgery which seemed quite steep.

I guess overall I had a few questions below, as well as anyone who had any advice or could share their experiences that would be extremely helpful!

- From my attached pictures, would you recommend two-jaw surgery? I completely understand that it is one of the most invasive/intense surgeries out there
- Would you recommend going through an agency or enquiring directly through the clinic? (pricing etc)
- How long are peoples experiences with the whole procedure (pre-op, post-op, entire recovery)

I really hope that through this forum I can be able to document my journey if I do choose to go forward with this procedure. Any advice would be extremely helpful!
Photo on 2019-11-25 at 11.14 PM.JPG Photo on 2019-11-25 at 11.15 PM #2.JPG Photo on 2019-11-25 at 11.15 PM.JPG

Another community member recently had these two procedures done and it looked great and she seems really happy with the results. To me, it does look like you have the chin profile that many 2-jaw surgery candidates have. Here's the post she shared, maybe you can send her a message: https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1014274-my-two-jaw-surgery-and-v-line-at-id-hospital/ Good luck! :smile:

You would need to attach CT scans to be sure, because photos (especially self taken, or sometimes even taken by someone else) are not accurate. The doctor needs to see your teeth and bone structure to diagnose. I had taken some photos and sent them to doctors, who all told me I need double jaw surgery. After I got CT scans done, and they saw me in person, 90% said I don't need double jaw surgery and can do it with a bite stabilizer plus braces. Hope this helps!

To me, you have a mesial bite which actually can be fixed with two-jaw surgery. Why do I think so? Well, first of all, your middle face (just like mine) sinks a little bit, especially in comparison with your lower third, making your profile look slightly concave. Also, just like in my case (as I was explained), your chin protrudes forward which makes it look huge and asymmetric. At the same time, I’m pretty sure, your lower lip also looks thicker (I always noticed my lips asymmetry) and facial expression seems “angry”. All these are very familiar to me too :smile: but don’t worry, my case was even more severe than yours, hopefully I found a good surgeon to fix everything. Most importantly, he was very experienced and skilled and once I had a consultation with him, I could feel it. His name is Dr. Oh Myungjune from Regen PS. I’m pretty sure, you might have heard about him as he’s one of the best maxillofacial surgeons! He impressed me a lot and my results now look amazing. He did a great job on me and I think I couldn’t find someone better, very thankful to him. If you have a chance to come and visit Seoul, I’d definitely suggest you to at least have a consultation with him to make sure how experienced he is. Good luck!

Dr oh is good but he is not maxillo facial surgeon he is an esthetic surgeon

This is extremely helpful, thanks so much for the advice!