BeautyHacker

Which material is the safest for rhino?

It is? Some of the clinics told me that silicone is the easiest to remove later when I need a revision. Is that right?

I used to have filler injections for quite a while but the result was only temporary and finally got augmentation rhinoplasty with silicone implant and so far, it’s the safest material for a long-term result. I was also thinking about no-dissolvable fillers as some clinic offered me, but regen’s Dr. Lee suggested not to get those as removing that type of fillers in the future can cause lot of problems.

Yes, but I had to have my silicone removed and replaced with my own rib due to calcification causing weird hard masses to grow from it (showed up on my Ct Scan) after only 2 years, and it also started shifting. It is easier to remove than say Goretex

That sounds scary but glad that you successfully fixed it! Did your doctor tell you what caused the calcification?

• 2 weeks later...
Wow... I guess rhino is really unpredictable. Glad to know that you got it fixed! Did your doctor tell you if calcification still can happen even with rib cartilage?

I'm kinda curious too. Most of the clinics recommend silicon. They said it is the easiest material to be removed and as long as you do not smoke, the complication rate is low.