BeautyHacker

Booked surgery in Korea (Face contouring, Ptosis correction and Fat grafting)

Hi, guys :smile:
It's my first time posting anything on here, but as soon as I heard about this site, I wanted to share my experience and keep you guys updated.

Little info. about me: I got my rhinoplasty done in Thailand 2 years ago with silicon.
Filler at the tip of my chin also in Thailand, however, I don't remember which type I used.

Concerns/Wants:
1. Nose - When I had my first surgery done, I wanted my nose to be higher without looking too big (if that makes sense). I also wanted to slim down my nostrils.
2. Eyes - Even when I opened my eyes bright, the left side of my eyes looked really sleepy and tired for some reason. And I also had too much fat in my eyelid.
3. Face - I didn't like how my face shape looked very masculine. I wanted to look more feminine with a slimmer and smoother face line.

When I was in search for clinics, my Korean friend from childhood told me about kbeauty and their "amazing" plastic surgery and I came across a few clinics: Girin, Banobagi, and View

My thoughts on each clinic:
1. Banobagi: When I was talking to them through Whatsapp, although I had trouble talking to them (as in miscommunication) they replied back pretty fast. But when I visited their clinic, the waiting was just TOO LONG. They made me take pictures, for the consultation, then I was placed inside a consultation room and had to wait more than 30 mins for the consultant to come. Talking to the consultant there wasn't all that bad but the doctor was just awfully bad. He just repeated himself over and over again. It was a basic kind of stuff I can easily find online.
2. View: I knew View was very famous but when I was doing research, I read a lot of good reviews but there was also a significant amount of bad reviews as well. I understand that there can't be always good reviews online and if there were any clinics with ONLY good reviews, then that'd be a total lie, however, I really couldn't believe how View clinic's response was to the patients. But still, I wanted to give it a try and went in for a consultation. The doctor I had the consultation with was better than bnbg. I got to talk about all the things I wanted and he would demonstrate how the outcome may be. But I kept getting the feeling that they were pushing me to get more surgeries than I want and just wanted to me proceed with everything that they recommend, which I felt very pushed.
3. Girin: I found them through IG. They had videos and pictures of a girl who got her facial contouring done and the after picture was exactly how I wanted to look. So I went to Girin, right after I landed in Korea. I remember when I was trying to book an appointment; they scheduled the consultation on the date and time that I wanted. They had an English coordinator who was very pleasant to talk to. She really listened to all of the things I had to say (and I didn't know how appreciated that was until I went to other clinics too). I was able to list all the surgeries I wanted to have and the doctor told me exactly which one I could get and which not and he even explained the medical reason behind it. After visiting other clinics one by one, I kept thinking back at Girin because of their service.

After visting 3 clinics, I decided today that I’d get my surgery done at Girin. My surgery is booked for tomorrow. I’ll keep you guys updated :smile:

Wish me luck T.T

p.s. Because I don't really take selfies and only have pictures from teenage years, I took pictures of my consultation picture from Girin. It's not really clear but it's just to give you guys a general idea of how I looked before.

Day 1 treatment day
This is just for the record of mine and anyone who wishes to hear REAL reviews.
+ I wanted to combine all the posts together here as one! Nothing additional for day 1.

Before the surgery: When I went back to the clinic on the 13th, the staff were ready for me even before I arrived. English coordinator there helped me to get changed and wash the face with just water and rinse my mouth. Because all tests I took (blood test, EKG, one more that I don’t remember of) on Thursday turned out to be all negative so we proceeded after getting the test results. English coordinator came along to the surgery room to help me understand the things the nurse asked me. Such as, when I had my last meal and clenching my fist (for the IV). Although I don’t remember much after the sedation. I just had some pulling sensation and could hear things but it wasn’t painful.

After the surgery: I felt EXTREMELY dizzy and couldn’t open my eyes well. REALLY wished I had brought my friend along to help to walk back to my hotel :sad: I had a drainage tube on my mouth which I thought would bother me but it actually didn’t bother too much. (Maybe because I was just relieved that the surgery was over) I wish I took a picture right after the surgery but didn’t have the right mind to do anything honestly. After I went back to my hotel which was near the clinic, I just laid down all day watching Netflix. Room service foods were amazing at my hotel but I couldn’t really have anything.

1st follow-up: I went in at 9:30 a.m. today. I had to wait for a good 10-20 minutes. I got my stitch areas disinfected: eyes, inside the nose, and the mouth. I also got my drainage taken out and trust me taking out the drainage does not feel very pleasant :yucky: I didn’t get to see the doctor today, however, they told me that I’d see the doctor in my next appointment. The nurse told me some precautions: no smoking, drinking, going to the sauna for a month. Cannot wear glasses or sunglasses, should not sleep on my sideways. She also told me that the majority of the swelling will go down within a month and minor swelling will take up to 6 months. They assured me that I would be able to look “normal” within a month.

After 30 minutes of the treatment, I came straight back to the hotel. I’m currently writing this as I’m waiting for my friend to get back from her meeting. I wanted to visit some places near Gangnam today, any recommendations? I can’t really have food, only soft food/beverages.

Day 5 in recovery

I haven’t gone to the clinic for another treatment after day 1 yet. As the doctor told me before, swelling has started to go down little by little. I have to wear facial garment most of the time (which can be uncomfortable sometimes). I get to take a break every hour or so, while that break I usually eat (more like drink) something. The nurse from the clinic told me that pumpkin juice helps a lot with the swelling, so I bought a whole box of it from the pharmacy. Doesn’t really taste good in my opinion, but I really think it helps with the swelling as the nurse told me. And since it’s quite chilly in Korea, I have been taking few minute walk every day to help with the swelling. (Some people prefer ice pack but I can’t handle something so cold on my face so I’d rather take a walk.)

I think I’ll just chill in the hotel for today since it’s raining outside and take a tour on my 7th day as I need to go visit the clinic for checkup.

Day 7 – Update

I went in to the clinic for another check up and to remove bandages left on my face. I feel like major swelling had gone down a lot but for some reason my lips are more swelled than other parts of my face :confused1:
I’m liking how my nose look from the side view and how my eyes look more awake. I don’t have to use my forehead to open my eyes bigger. Currently exercising my eyes to use less of the forehead muscle (they taught me how to do so). It’s nothing hard or painful but just takes some time and the effort to do it :amuse:
Also, I started eating soft foods such as tofu, porridge, and mashed potatoes!

Personal update would be that I moved to a new hotel. I only booked for 6 days at my previous hotel and when I was in search for another, Girin clinic was nice enough to help me book a hotel for half the price :biggrin:

Overall experience at Korea has been great. I liked the food, people I’ve met, and the surgery. Never used internet THIS FAST in my life. Accommodations are nice. My very last appointment is tomorrow and I leave on the 21st.

I’ll keep you guys updated after I land!

Look so great so far!!! Glad to hear your experience was a positive one

Wow your surgery turn out great! Looks beautiful !! And don't worry, I was also swollen on my lip recovering from FC. It was really swollen on day 3-4 like it was about to pop! I was wearing my band 24hrs from day 1-3. I had check-up on that day and my nurse told me that I can take time off using the compression band (1 hr on 1 hr off, take off when sleeping/going outside). After doing that, my swelling went down drastically especially my lips. So maybe if you have been wearing your band often that could be the reason why... My theory is that the band is preventing swell to go down and compressing it to the lips and cheeks area. If that's not it then perhaps it's just normal to swell on the lips since I know another person who also experience the same thing. Her swelling on the lips deswell around 2 weeks ^^

NO REALLY
I should try not wearing the band for few days too.
Thank you for your tip! :flowers: