BeautyHacker

Nose filler and jaw botox experience in Seoul - Toxnfill

Hi guys, I have been lurking on these threads for so long and never made an account until now to share my experience.

Today I went to get a nose filler and jaw botox at TOXNFILL at their main branch - Gangnam. I will share my experiences in a linear timeline.

Before Consultation:
I arrived at the Gangnam clinic at 1:30pm on the 11th floor (10th floor is the procedure floor), and was greeted by the receptionists in Korean. I told them I couldn't speak Korean and they promptly found English speaking stuff would guide me through my entire procedure. I was informed that it was currently lunch time so the doctors would be back at 2pm. The waiting room is quite nice – there is self service drinks and the interior is nice and relaxing.
The first step is to have a consultation with the doctor. The consultation price is 50,000KRW if you do not go ahead with the procedure.
When it was time, I was lead into a room with the doctor.

Doctor's Consultation:
I had a consultation with the doctor in English. He started by asking what I wanted (nose filler and jaw botox) and asked how I wanted my nose to look and explained the limitations of botox.

The doctor takes notes on their tablet and recommends the procedures. I was recommended to get 1cc of filler for my nose and 50 units of botox for my jaw. I asked for any other recommendations for my face and he just suggested laser skin procedures (lol) and referred to a chart indicating that my face is apparently balanced. I have a gap in my lip and wanted to ask about lip fillers, but the doctor recommended me against it because my lips were already plump and he did not want to change them.

The doctor then explained the side effects of the fillers and botox (i.e. pain, bruising, possible blindness but rare).

When I agreed to it, I was directed back to the waiting room.

General Consultation:
Not sure what to call this, but I was then taken to a room with the English speaking staff to discuss the procedures. The staff ran through the prices and options –
For 1cc filler, it was:
150,000 for domestic fillers
350,000 for US fillers
+ additional $$$ for thread (I can't remember on the top of my head)
For 50 units botox, it was:
29,000 for domestic botox (but would be taken from a larger unit - e.g. the 50 unit would be dispensed from a 100/150/200 etc. unit of botox)
35,000 for domestic botox (exactly 50 units of botox from a bottle that is shown to you and you can see)
1XX,000 for German botox

I was explained the difference of each botox and I asked what was recommended. I chose the US fillers because I was told they last longer and I chose the 35,000 domestic botox as I was told there is no difference between the length of time of the botox products.

The amount to be paid was calculated and this included the medications, consultation and tax. The tax can be claimed back at the airport. In total I paid just over 400,000KRW, and paid $525AUD on my card.

I was given a form to sign that outlined the side effects.

Afterwards I was taken down to the 10th floor to get ready for my procedures.

Waiting for Procedure:
When taken downstairs, the first thing you do is get your before photos taken. Many photos are taken, from almost every angle. Once you are done, they put a white cream over the filler area – I assume this is some sort of anaesthetic. It stays on for about 10 minutes before your treatment starts.

Procedure:
You are taken into a room with a nurse. The nurse starts to remove the cream and cleanse the procedure areas with alcohol. The nurse showed me the botox product and put it in the syringes in front of me. Then the doctor comes in and starts. The doctor is the same one from the consultation.

The first step is the local anaesthetic, it gets injected into your nose three times – and it really hurts!!! I thought the pain would be okay but it made my eyes tear up. It happens relatively fast though. The doctor lets it do its thing for about 5 minutes.

In the meantime, the doctor administered the botox in my jaw. He noted that my jaw is uneven so he said he would put more on one side. In injecting the botox, it was a quick and relatively pain free experience. The doctor will ask you to face one side and then clench your jaw as they inject it. The nurse is present during the entire procedure and will help apply pressure on the spots. I was also told to not eat tender foods and that results will show up in a month.

Afterwards, it was time for the nose filler. The nurse showed me the product – Juvederm Voluma. After it was put into the syringe, the doctor proceeded to inject the product up the tip of my nose. It was still slightly painful but the local anaesthetic was a lot more painful. After putting it in, the doctor waited a bit before shaping it. After getting the bridge, I was asked whether I was happy with it so far and if I wanted it thicker. The doctor used his fingers and a tool to shape it. I was told he had to use more filler to finish the nose.
I was informed that my nose was swollen from the local anaesthetic but it would go down in a few hours, and if my nose had sunken in a few days to come back to the clinic so he can "mould" it. A bandage is put over the area that the syringe was injected into and I was told to keep it on for two days.

Post Procedure:
The English speaking staff came out and administered an antibiotic(?) injection into my hip and gave me a prescription of an assortment of medications to take for the next three days. There is a pharmacy on level 8 to buy the medication and it was around 14,000KRW.

I went back to take another round of photos. Then my time at TOXNFILL was done!

Thoughts:
Doctor – he was very professional and his English was great, he could clearly explain the procedure and I appreciated that he didn't try to sell more procedures to me on the day and recommended against some things. He took his time in shaping my nose and made sure I was happy with it. In his words, "detail is life" lol.

English staff – the staff who helped me could explain the whole process to me in clear English. She was extremely helpful and always wanted to know if I had any questions. The staff made me feel like I was her top priority for the time I was there.

Clinic – the clinic itself has gorgeous interior – there are many seats and there are self service drinks (coffee, water), it does not feel clinical inside at all. It was quite a nice environment. The staff are friendly and there are plenty of other patients there (mostly Korean).

Experience – it was my first ever procedure for anything on my face so I was nervous but I made sure to research as much as I could leading up to this. I knew what to expect. The only thing I didn't expect was that I was planning to get domestic fillers but in the end decided to get the US fillers because the little price difference wasn't worth it for a filler I couldn't fully trust. The entire process from arrival to finishing the procedure took exactly two hours.

---

I hope this was helpful, sorry if it is already known information. I overall had a good experience and would go back to toxnfill for any future fillers (I am tempted.....). I am happy with my results for my nose so far and am just waiting for the swelling to go down a bit more.

I am happy to answer any questions!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes thanks for the review! Just to confirm, the doctor you saw was a dermatologist? 50 units of botox (or xeomin or dysport) would cost you around $500+ USD in the states, so paying the equivalent of $30 USD for korean botox is pretty amazing.

Slightly!! But I was told to not eat tender food for a while.. but... I have been eating.. a lot.. of tender foods.. So we shall see what happens haha

I'm not sure if he was a dermatologist – they just called him a doctor (in hindsight, I should have checked). I was surprised at how affordable it was. I almost want to go back to get botox for the rest of my face.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm looking to do some botox injections at Toxnfill Gangnam too, how were you able to book an appointment ahead of time, or did you just walk in? I didn't see any options to book on their english site. I was afraid that being a walk-in foreigner, I'd get some super high prices so I thought I'd try to contact them before I arrived to get a quote, but I can't seem to figure out how

All of their prices are standardized and online. You can actually check yourself: http://www.toxnfill1.com/serviceInfo.php?c=14

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I had no prior experience with botox so this was my first time. Results take a month to show up, I like what mine looks like but I think I need more lol.

I had to get the refund at the airport so that was kind of annoying. I'm not sure, but in Korea the spend is usually above 30,000krw to get tax refund.

As others have said, prices are standardised. I just walked in in the middle of the week and got a consultation right away (after their lunch hours). Had an English speaking assistant and doctor. The reception staff didn't really know english so they had to page the english speaker.