BeautyHacker

Surgery and Consultation at Namu!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any de-swelling tips?

From day 1-4 ice a lot!! I think I would ice my face 4 or 5 times a day. I wore my band 24hr on those days until I got the instructions to take them off only when I sleep. (Every clinic gives different instructions so I guess listen to your nurse/doctor)
Compression band controls swelling but I realize it's also important to let the swell migrate and move down (thats how you deswell faster... You will also notice that bruises travel downwards aswell)
I had pumpkin juice and pumpkin congee thingies they sell at convenient store for the first week but idk if it really help? Can't confirm... just bought it for the heck of it lol
You will need to ice everyday until you feel like you dont need it anymore. I iced for around 2.5 weeks to speed up my deswelling. I had my doubts on if ice really works but from all the articles and research I read... all says it does lol
From day 5 onwards try to walk for atleast 1-2 hour... It really helps so much. I take pics twice a day; morning before breakfast and evening before shower. [Before breakfast because eating causes temporary swelling. Before shower because hot/warm water causes temporary swelling] just wanted to add in that detail for reason why I chose those times.
Theres a drastic difference if you walk. Seriously. It's crazy how swell goes down by just walking. I had days where I lounge around watching Netflix and I barely deswell at the end of the day lol.
Ask your clinic for deswelling treatments!!!!!!! You really don't feel anything when the light is on your face (from the treatment) but I can confirm it helps because like I said... I take pictures twice a day. Difference is quite drastic. So before you agree on any clinic, ask how many sessions of deswelling treatments or ask about the aftercare in detail.
I got 4 deswelling treatments in total so you can take note of that to see how many your clinic offer. Some clinics give them to you everyday~ really depends.
Sleeping elevated also helped me with swelling. First week I slept sitting up cause I was desperate to deswell and didn't want to accidentally slip off my pillow and lay too low. Second week til now, 35 days, I'm sleeping on 3 pillows elevated. I haven't completely deswell yet, prolly need another 3-6 month so that is all I can share with you so far. I tried to be as detailed as possible so you can have it easy after your surgery~ let me know if you have anymore questions and I'm happy to share

Hi @JiaYuXOX
I’m considering DES revision as well. I want bigger eyes, not necessarily bigger eyelids. May I ask you a few questions because i’m trying to figure out for myself too:
1) May I ask why you opted for the non-incisional way instead of incisional? Most places I consulted recommended me incisional for revision which, i’m super confused.
2) Also, is canthoplasty supposed to open up the eyes more?
3) Did you get lateral canthoplasty or epi?
4) Why did the doctor recommend you eyebrow lift? This procedure i actually see more popular amongst older patients.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys!!
It’s been around 5 weeks since the surgery. I am recovering well, but I feel like the cheeks are slightly going back to their original place because of all the chewing. I really can’t resist food when it’s in front of me lol
Apart from that, when I left, instead of getting fat melting injections on double chin, Claire said she will do a special service and do thread lifting for my chin instead since I am doing a review for her which was really nice! Apparently I don’t have enough fat when my chin in anyway so they couldn’t really do much. I really like the results of thread lifting though, since it’s not lifting fat but skin which I had a lot of, so it brought my whole facial profile up.
To be honest, there was a lot I wanted to eat and do in Korea but I could do none of them since I was recovering from so much surgery. I am glad I at least benefited from a free thread lift lol
Overall, I am satisfied with my results and at the moment can’t see any sagging. From all the posts about v line, of I’m kinda glad I chose to not do it in the end, because so many people talk about sagging jaw line and such.
These are my before and after pics. Please remember that I am still recovering so my face is still really swollen! I may post another one in 6 months time if I remember.
I have defocused and blocked the bits that aren’t important for privacy reasons
The ones that have watermark on them are before photos I asked Claire to send me. The eyes are also before. Anything else is after
Edit: forgot to add, I wanted to say thank you to Claire, Helen and all the staff at namu for making my journey smooth, and the amazing results. I absolutely love my nose and couldn’t have asked for anything better!! I have yet to see the full results from the others, but I know they will be great! Thank you so much!!

Hi Zzfrogzz,
1) I opted for non incisional since it’s not permanent and that eyelid was just undone, so I needed to see if the line they used for my eyelid will make them symmetrical. It didn’t, so next time, I will ask for them to make a line at a higher place. I just didn’t want them to operate on my eyes again since that would be revision and I don’t want to keep messing with them until I’m sure that the place they make an incision will make them symmetrical.
2. Yeah, canthoplasty made my eyes closer together, since they were too far apart before. Ask your consultant for my details if you don’t understand. They should be able to explain it to you.
3. I got epicanthoplasty since my outer ones were fine according to the consultant and surgeon.
4. They didn’t say eyebrow lift, they said forehead lift, which would raise my eyelids a bit more. Eyebrow lift is a completely different procedure that has a different incision I think

Thank you! It should last around 3-5 years? It depends on what thread you use I think

@JiaYuXOX

Congratulations with your results at Namu! and thanks for sharing your story. I'm looking to go to Namu for forehead reduction and lifting, but your experience and the quality of the results they delivered to you look great and gives me some peace of mind.

Your nose is so cute, it's perfect!

Congrats @JiaYuXOX, your results look great! Namu was in my list for threadlift and fg but I came across a negative review by @ifterms where his (her?) partner has permanent brow loss and bad scarring after a brow lift procedure by Dr. Kirk. Worse, they just cut and paste her signature into another document with an additional sentence on gag order which wasn’t in the original contract. Sounds pretty unorthodox to me... I scared ... Thread’s here if you wanna read it, https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1003985-permanent-brow-loss-and-bad-scarring-at-namu/.

Yeah, I had seen that before I decided to go to namu. What made me still want to go was that I wasn’t getting that specific surgery, so I had a slight peace of mind. I think they have stopped doing brow lift there anyway, which is good. During consultation, I asked them about this, and they said that they had already offered a full refund, and had explained beforehand about the possible effects etc. Obviously I wasn’t there personally, so I can’t say I really know what’s going on either way lol

Thank you!! :smile: I’m very happy with my nose right now, hopefully after it fully deswells it won’t drop any further