BeautyHacker

How long will DES + fat graft last?

Hello! I have been talking to Shinseung Clinic in Seoul about redoing my left eye, which has failed to hold a crease even after 2 surgeries that I had 6 years ago. I just want my eyes to be even. Photo attached.

Shinseung tells me my left eyelid is sunken and needs a fat graft plus DES. Does anyone know how long a fat graft would last? Would I have to get it done again in a few years?

My DES history:
- had incisional DES in North America 6 years ago
- 1 year later, the crease in my left eye started to come undone
- went back to the surgeon and he did suture only DES on that eye
- crease started to come undone in less than a year, at which point I decided to not pursue it anymore

Thank you, I really appreciate any feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
im also considering a fat graft for my revision des in the future. i know that fat grafts can be tricky though. im not sure if you have less volume in your one eye bc your previous doctor took too much out or that's just natural - i had too much taken out. i know that when ppl graft more fat into their cheeks, it can be a gamble bc you body just naturally metabolizes the fat faster in that area. so if you put fat in that area, it's very likely your body will just metabolize it thus leaving you with a hallow cheek again. most surgeons don't offer refunds if this issue occurs. im not sure how much of this applies to the upper eye area though. i hope this helps in some way and i hope you find what your looking for!

I got eyes done with my nose back in 2013. Non-incision double eyelid surgery was a fail since my right eye's stitches literally came off after 7 years of the surgery and I do have pictures of them if you want to see. Yea, so as of now I only have one eyelid on my left eye and I am thinking of getting incision double eyelid surgery during summer.

Hello @amaryIIo , did you contact Shinseung via the online consultation or by email?
When are you going to get your eyes done? Im also interested in doing revision with dr. Shin..

Hi @hiameenion ! I contacted Shinseung via kakao talk. They are not very good at English and when they answer me it's always in short sentences, never a lot of detail. TBH, I am now considering going to Teuim instead because Dr. Kwon's style seems to be more aligned with what I'm after (very natural, low crease) and the quality of their responses is better...

Teuim said they can do a better assessment by seeing me in person, but judging by the photos I sent, they think I would need to do epi to relieve the "tension" being caused by the epicanthal fold on the crease, which is what has caused my crease to disappear. They recommended epi + non-incisional DES.

Now I feel conflicted, but my gut says to go with Teuim...

Hi @amaryIIo,

Teuim is on my blacklist for botching an 18 yo Chinese girl in 2016 and leaving her with ptosis of one eye. Dr Kwon pushes epi and my Singapore friend ended up with a huge epi dressing and swollen sausage lids for months after. I would suggest you look elsewhere.

As for lid fat graft it depends on the surgeon’s expertise. I have had lid fat graft with top up and it is permanent. To prevent creases from dropping ask for ptosis muscle correction at the same time as skin only incisional des often drops over time. My creases have stayed the same 4 years on now. I have a history of multiple upper lid blepharoplasties so get where you are coming from and one I had dropped after a week! I should have complained to the U.K. surgeon but was too timid back then.

Thanks @MissOrange for the feedback. Are there pictures of the 18 yo Chinese girl's results? Where did you get your DES? I really want to avoid fat graft if possible because it's not like it's easy for me to go to Korea for top ups.

@amaryIIo oh i was actually so keen on doing my revision with dr. Kwon too. But he recommended epi to me in which when i consulted with other 5 clinics they said i dont have the mongolian fold. And judging by how many ppl getting epi reversal, it seems so risky too me. But overall im still considering teuim. Now my list goes like shinseung, eve, ive, teuim.

@hiameenion Same! No other clinic recommended epi except Teuim. Based on @MissOrange 's suggestion I'm asking mvp what they recommend.