BeautyHacker

Online consultation experience with TFD

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share my thoughts on my online consultation experience with The Face Dental. TFD is unique in that their online consultation (either through Kakao or whichever online chat platforms they offer) is run directly by operating surgeon Dr Lee instead of a consultant. Because of this, he can give very detailed information and advice just based off of sending photos of yourself to him. Obviously you still need to come in for an x-ray and in-person consultation for the most accurate diagnoses, but I was really impressed by how unique his online consultation service felt and I am very confident in his abilities as a surgeon. He does not push procedures on you that you don't think you need, and he prioritizes safety above all. I am in South Korea now but unfortunately do not have enough time to undergo any bone cutting operations, however I am planning on returning in the future for double jaw surgery with him. I would really recommend him for anyone who wants a safe, non-pushy doctor and for anyone who has been botched with past bone surgeries and wants to get fixed.

• 1 month later...
True and I was impressed in the beginning by the quick and professional response, but all that changed after I went back to my country. I left Seoul quickly after the surgery and I kept running into a lot problems and questions cuz to be honest my surgery didn't turn out the way I wanted and I HATE my result. My face is asymmetrical, especially my nose, its collapsed on one side. Genioplasy turned out awful. My chin looks like a witch chin. I kept contacting the Dr Lee to discuss solutions and ask for invoices to submit for my insurance and he keeps ignoring my attempts. Complete 360 change from after I already paid and become a patine. Horrriable 2 faced clinic and dr !!!!!!

Sorry for your experience
Yes tfd is another level lol
May I ask you where did you get your first surgery ?

This one was the first I get a surgery. I got double jaw surgery and genioplasy 50 days ago at the TFD. I had the most symmetrical face ever. Now I look so weird. Nose, lips, and chin look really weird. My face looks like I got million plastic surgery. I have to go under the knife AGAIN to fix this What unfortunate experience.

Sorry I didn’t understand your answer at first lol
Do you have any front pic showing the face shape ? from your picture it doesn’t look horrible

What I mean is, this was the first time ever I got any kind of surgery done. If you are considering any major surgery, do your research thoroughly. Doctors and yes including dr Lee, as well as clinics in Seoul in general will try to rush you into getting a procedure. Looking back now, I should've lessened to my gut. I swear the whole experience felt like shopping from a candy shop. I'd ask the doctor something and he will just node in agreement and says " if thats what you want we can accommodate that" I arrived Saturday leaning towards double jaw. I went to two other clinics other thn TFD. One suggested I should get ASO instead. I message dr Lee and I asked him " I'm being told ASO is less invasive procedure, am I a good candidate? " he replied and said " sure". I went to other clinic and the doctor there told me since I missing one premolar on one side, ASO is not an option. Reason being, ASO is pretty much cutting out portion of the jaw where the premolars are located. I messaged dr lee again and told him look at the x ray and asked him again about ASO or double jaw. He thn agreed with the latest opinion and said double jaw is better option for me.
He suggested lifting my upper jaw 5 cm and 5 back. At the time, I thought this was calculated based on my face but it turned these measurement are generic giving to all patients. Mind you, pulling back the jaw 5 cm might work for Asians or someone with round face, but may not work or look good one someone with longer, sim face. Anybody can pull off barbie nose, but imagine if you pair someone from Indian or African ethnicity with broader facial characteristic and make their mouth and chin extra small. Considerations and customization those measurement so that they compliment each face shape should be the number one focus. My face looks like its collapsed from the middle cuz they pushed back my over bite too much. You need to ask them in details in that regard. Don't get me started on the chin.

Doctor lee came off very polity and soft spoken and obviously with reasonable prices especially for foreign patients and that attracted me to his clinic but in the end they are all there to make money. This is your face, your passport. I cant get my original face back, I could try to make it less weird looking and unfortuanly and I will have to pay for that.

My total cost was close to 20 grand USD. 2 surgery and dental work. Do I regret the surgery? yes %1000. I wish I knew what I know now.

About pictures, Im sorry I dont want to post it on a public platform but I I could share redacted copies privately.

she had her surgery at the TFD?

Double jaw surgery will always change your nose, even if slightly. Moving around the foundation of something will cause it to shift around and even change shape. Did you know this before having double jaw?