BeautyHacker

Accompanying Someone For PS (Upper Blepharoplasty) - What to Expect

Hello everyone,

I am taking 2 weeks from my month-long Japanese vacation in September 2020 to accompany my older sister to get her eyelids done (Upper Blepharoplasty). She doesn't speak english nor korean and has requested me for help so I will be her proxy for e-consultations and all communications.

I've read through A LOT of threads in this forum but there doesn't seem to be many that give me an idea of what to expect proxying and caring for someone for a PS. I am a planner and generally very busy so I am starting this thread now which I'll follow up in the months closer to September 2020.

My questions for starters:
1. Any advice on what to do/not to do when you're proxying for someone else who wants to take PS?
2. I read on JK Plastic and Dream PS website that this type of procedure takes 1-2 weeks to recover, I've scheduled 9 days in Seoul then make my way south to Busan, will this be enough time? Is 1-2 weeks recovery time about accurate?
3. I make precautions to take ferry to Japan instead of flying (air pressure changes and surgery don't mix sometimes), is this too much precaution? (I intend to take my sister with me on my holiday afterwards).
4. Any tips for a smooth recovery? Things you wished you had someone do for you? I am trying to anticipate her needs.

I'll ask for clinic recommendations around March because reading through the forums it seems situations change quite often and doctors move to different practices, etc. Thank you in advance for all your help and advice :smile:

• Like 1

Very nice of you to accompany your sister! I was alone for multiple procedures, though I also got to stay overnight at my clinic. I had upper and lower bleph. Lots of deep, dark bruising, but it goes away quickly . I don't think flying after 9 days would be a problem, though I flew home after 2 weeks due to other surgeries. Not much for you to do. Getting her things like ice packs and food, drinks would be nice. But otherwise, your sister will still be able to do a lot. I was working on my computer after a facelift and the eyework. Swelling did get worse on day 2/3, but I was still able to see out of my eyes, though they did get quite puffy. Then they quickly got better from there. maybe just make sure she takes any.all medicines on time, too. Try arnica and bromelian tablets. You can reassure her by saying things like, swelling will go down and you will look great..etc, maybe.

GL!

Thank you @figjamm, for your advice! Your reply reassured me A LOT! It was originally a 4-weeks Japan holiday for me and a friend, then another friend would join 2 weeks in. With the change, my friend is game to join me in Korea but I told her to hold that thought until I know just how much time will be required to care for my sister. I wouldn't want her to join me in Korea if I will be fully occupied with my sis.

Accompanying my sister is mainly for me to feel at ease, especially with the language barrier. Thanks for the compliment, however :smile:

You probably don't expect more questions? Ha! I have more questions:
1. Does staying overnight included in the cost of your procedure or was it an optional extra that you chose? I assumed it was included as you were having multiple procedures, but I could be wrong.
2. Were you able to see right after the surgery (as in were your eyes fully covered) or did they take care of that the next day before you leave the clinic?
3. I assumed you stayed close by in Gangnam? How easy was it to buy ice packs around there (are they available from your run-of-the-mill convenience stores)?
4. I read from Dream PS website that there might be itchiness at around 1 week? Did you experience this and what did you do?
5, I also read you're not supposed to wash your face for a week? I assume with bleph this is restricted to the area above your cheek, do you just clean your face with a toner or not even that? Any special tips for shower/bathing? Are you even allowed to sweat? (I assume not?)
6. With the arnica and bromelain tablets, do you buy them before you arrive in Korea or is it easy to find there?

Thank you again and apologies for all the questions!!

1) included due to multiples. I don’t think they offer that to everyone and most people simply do not need it

2) yes can see. It got harder as swelling increased on day 2 or 3. But could still see. Those were “what did I do?” Days…

3) My clinic gave me 2 ice packs that had their logos on them. My guess is everyone gets/gives those. Otherwise, you can use icepacks? I bought some but did not use.. you can by face masks on amazon.

4) no itchiness

5) right, no face washing. Just cleaning of the wounds with hydrogen peroxide, etc. They gave me hair washes every 1-2 days, but that was because I had a facelift, too, I think. You won’t have problems showering with eye surgery. Just don’t submerge/wet your head.

6) yes, buy it here before you go at Whole Foods or amazon (well, one in the same now!)

oh, if you stay in a hotel, dealing with your ice packs gets tricky. if you have airbnb with your own refrigerator, less of a problem. my hotel was totally fine with changing out my ice packs, but of course I had to go down there in person and request it while looking pretty creepy!