BeautyHacker

American girl gets thigh lipo in Korea: Week 5

It has been over one month since my thigh liposuction. It is the 5th week and I have recovered completely with no issues! I have been having weekly massage treatments at the hospital to reduce swelling and lumps. 6 massage treatments are included for free with any liposuction done at 365mc. I have no more lumps in my inner thighs but I will say, the massages are a bit painful. The first few were not bad but the intense treatment I had last week was very painful. I will have the same intense treatment tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it but know it needs to be done. I had some soreness the day after receiving the intense massage treatment. I am happy the swelling is gone and I have started to see the final result! I will keep updating and sharing the process with you all who are curious about having thigh liposuction. If you have any questions feel free to comment! :smile: Happy New Year!

Happy new year! Watching your progress has been interesting and you've convinced me that, if I were to get lipo, I'd get it at 365mc.

I have a few questions. With you being a model and getting lipo, is there any limit to how skinny you can be to get lipo? l'm not fat myself, but fat gatheres around my stomach and it's a bit embarrassing. How long will the recovery take you?

Hello and Happy New Year! I was also thin before I had the liposuction. But similar to you, one part of my body was unbalanced and I could not loose the fat no matter how hard I tried. A few of my thin model/entertainment friends have also gotten the procedure with good results at 365mc. My friend's recommendations are why I chose to have my liposuction there and I had a really positive experience! Honestly, this procedure is best for people near their goal weight and creates better body lines as it is not meant for dramatic weight loss. The recovery takes 6 months to see the full results but dramatic results can be seen after 1 month. The first week has a lot of swelling and some pain, but after the first week everything was okay again. The residual swelling goes down a lot in the first month depending on how much you walk and have massage treatments. Hope my answer helps and Happy New Year! :smile:

hello there ! I’m also American and I’m going to Korea next week for liposuction . Do you mind sharing how much was the cost??? I have few clinics Togo to for consultation and want to ask people around about their experience and costs. Thank you!

Hello! Hope everything goes well! It depends on where and how much you have done. I did my thighs and paid around $5,500. I should let you know that if you are getting liposuction you really need to find the safest option instead of putting cost first. Liposuction can have a lot of complications if not done correctly. Make sure the hospital has their own anethesiologist 24/7. If they do not have one then never get cosmetic surgery there. I had mine after lots of research and living in Seoul for a long time with recommendations from friends who had the procedure. I went to 365mc and they are the only lipo hospital/clinic in Korea certified by the Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare. The doctors have to have a lot of experience (about 4000+ lipo procedures) under their belt to work there. They have anethesiologists staffed 24/7 and have had no deaths or serious complications during 16+ years of practice. I am not promoting them, but letting you know that they are the safest option in my opinion. The hospital does only lipo and nothing else. The doctors specilize in one part of the body. I recommend you making an appointment with 365mc Hospital. I had a great experience and they provide everything you need.

Hi thank you for your response ! I do agree with you . However , it seems like cost and quality don’t go together these days. We shouldn’t compromise at all. Even here in the US you can go to a clinic that seem decent but that still doesn’t guarantee you...of course every patient is different but I’ve searched around and it looks like there’s that gap between prices. I’ll be doing a 360 liposuction and a face treatment as well...I’m Asian and the reason why i chose Korea for this is because they seem to have more options to choose from when it comes to face contouring . I just haven’t made up my mind because I’ve looked at the black listed clinics as well...there’s people out there that spent thousands of $$$$$$ but yet they didn’t get the result that they’re expecting . So. We really can’t say that that’s because price is about higher don’t mean...its guaranteed. I’ve noticed that locals won’t even go to those places that are well known/famous..I did contact 365, fresh, Nana and evita....

ive gained about 20 lbs and I really need to get back in shape again ,lol . I’m not huge it’s just I know I have some fats in certain areas...like my thighs and arms don’t need work. It’s the abdomen area that needs some work. I am now 139lbs, 5’3 ft and I want to be size 24 again so I want this lipo, start eating more healthy and stay with cardio

Yes I understand where you are coming from and that is why it is important to read reviews and get real feedback from people who have gone to whatever clinic. But nothing in plastic surgery is ever guarenteed. You can go to the best doctor and still have bad results. That is the risk that comes with making decisons like these. But the chances of having better results is higher with highly skilled professionals. Liposuction is a dangerous surgery no matter what people say. You can look up the death rate statistics online from things like improper anethesia and blood clots. I have lived in Korea for 5 years and a lot of my friends have gotten surgery so I have heard enough from them. My friend also works in marketing at a popular plastic surgery clinic and knows that even the best clinics use shadow doctors/etc. While I understand that price and results do not always go hand in hand, doing the cheapest option is never good. The cheapest are cheap for a reason. You need to have many reviews and recommendations from people who have actually gotten the surgery you are interested in. Check if the clinic has their own anethesiologist and a nurse is not the one administering but someone who has a proper license. Check if the government has accredited the clinic also. Also check the doctors and their history. Changing your body is permanent and if you mess up once there is no going back. South Korea is famous for plastic surgery but that does not mean there are not a lot of bad clinics. There are plenty of terrible clinics that look nice on the outside. I lost 40 lbs in the past through diet alone so changing to a healthy lifestlye is the best. Even after lipo you can not eat unhealthy or the fat will come back stronger in all other places not done or cumulate as dangerous visceral fat that surrounds inner organs. People complain about the fat coming back after lipo, and that is the result of thinking they can eat the same or unhealthy foods afterwards. It is not true. It is just like any weight loss option and requires a healthy diet. That being said, it will change your lines and give you a better shape. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes well!

Can I ask you where you found out about the hospital, procedure, and cost information? There's so many to choose... It's really hard to find out from overseas...I don't know which one is the right one without seeing the doctor in person..

Hello! So I have lived in Seoul 5 years and have a few friends that had the same procedure. The lipo hospital I went to is 365mc Hospital in Seoul and they are the ONLY lipo hospital that is certified by the Korean Government Ministry of Health and Welfare. They are the most famous lipo clinic in Seoul as they have come out on TV shows and have a lot of advertisments. I had checked out others but they were all specilizing in another plastic surgery procedure and doing lipo on the side or promoting to get other procedures at the same time which can be dangerous. It is important to make sure the doctor has A LOT of prior lipo experience as it can be a dangerous surgery (ex. Blood clots or anesthesia medicine not done properly) and there are many doctors who are doing lipo in Seoul without a lot of prior experience. Lipo is a very aggressive surgery and tramatic to your body so you need to pick the best doctor. Also make sure the hospital has their own Anethesiolgist 24/7. If they do not, run! This most likely means a nurse will administer the anethesia and this is why a lot of people have died or had complications, because someone inexperienced administered the anethesia medicine. I picked 365mc because my friends had gotten lipo there without any problems, they offer post-care treatments after surgery, have their own team of anethesiologists, see over 1000 cases per month, are the only ones certified by the government, all doctors must have over 4000+ lipo surgeries completed before working there, are specilizing in liposuction ONLY and not other cosmetic procedures, one of the best in all of Asia with people flying in from across the world, and in over 16 years of practice have had no deaths. I am not promoting 365mc, but after meeting other clinics, listening to my friends, and having surgery there; I feel like they are the best and safest option in Korea. When you meet with other clinics ask of they have an anethesiologist 24/7 and how many lipo cases the doctor has completed. Best of luck!

Also, this website is helpful in finding reviews but also search online databases for clinics in Seoul that do lipo. Tons of results come out on Google. You can almost always contact on their website, instagram, or email.