BeautyHacker

35 year old mom full body lipo Pretty Body Clinic seoul

I’m pretty sure everyone has a complex about something on their bodies. Mine was my lower body. It would take really intense dieting to get close to the legs I wanted, and it wasn’t something I could continue. I work out at least an hour a day with cardio and yoga, but I just couldn’t get the ideal legs I saw for myself. But surprisingly, it was my stomach I went to see a local surgeon for. After having two kids, my tight abs have long been replaced with stretch marks and saggy skin, and a mini muffin top that hung like a sad souffle. The doctor also looked over my body and said he can’t do anything about my legs. There was too much muscle. Many would say the same and that I should be proud of my quads and accept them. But they just weren’t what I wanted. I called several places in Seoul, because it is the mecca of plastic surgery, and sites boasted the legs I long envied.

After contacting several places, there was one place that still stood out to me, and I made contact with Pretty Body Clinic. That was when I first “met” Hyelim, who after many emails and pictures, affirmed that they can do something with my legs, and stomach! She recommended the 360 surgery, and I readily agreed as I wanted to avoid fat being redistributed to new areas should I gain any back. I figured that if fat is taken from all over, it’d have a hard time finding a new place. I booked my flight to Korea on May 16, arrived on the 17th, and went in for my consultation on the 18th. It was my first trip abroad by myself, in a country where I didn’t speak the language, and yet once I stepped into the clinic, I felt right at home. I had several other clinics I wanted to visit, but wound up cancelling them all after meeting with the staff at Pretty Body Clinic. I am not at all paid to endorse them! This is my personal experience, and after you see my results, you would see even further that this is my honest telling.

My consultation required a strip down to a silk bathrobe, and standing in front of the surgeon, and the main consultant, Angelina, for maybe ten minutes. What should’ve been really awkward, wasn’t at all. They both professionally assessed with me what I wanted, and marked with a marker the areas they would draw fat from. He gave his “diagnosis” in Korean, and the Angelina, who spoke fluent English, translated for me. I felt confident with what I was getting. I then went in for pictures. This may have been the most challenging part, as the walls were all white, and caused dizziness as I rotated a few degrees for some rounds of pictures. The seamstress measured me for my full body compression garment that she would sew right away and have ready for me.

I then washed my face, and was taken to the surgery room. I was doing my lower body that same day, and would have my upper body four days later. Because I decided to take the fat from my thighs and buttocks and put them into my breasts, they were going to have to go about the liposuction a different way—for lack of better words, without first melting the fat. My breasts have become lifeless empty a cup sacks. I am proud that I breastfed my kids, but I hated how they looked so defeated. I just wanted to fill out my A cup bra and not just sit at the bottom of them....

Nervousness hit me when they strapped my arms down to the surgical table, and injected the sleeping serum. (I made sure to tell them I was a lightweight, and didn’t use much over the counter meds, so they gave me a light dose.) But Angelina held my hand, and was so affirming that I relaxed right away. Before I knew it, I woke up in a regular bed, already in the compression garment. Surgery lasted for 2.5 hours. I experienced the craziest shivers I can only compare to post labor. The same crazy shivers that 3 blankets wouldn’t get rid of, they couldn’t give heated blankets as it would inhibit the healing process. I did get some heated pads for my feet. The staff was so accommodating, and came to check on me the minute I woke up. Angelina came and sat with me and showed me pictures of the fat they extracted, there was maybe a cm of blood at the bottom, and everything else was fat! They did a routine check up and tried to give me light food to eat. When I stopped shaking, I realized I had to use the bathroom, and they helped me do that. Slow and steady. Seriously, all the nurses could’ve been my aunts, they were all so sweet, even with the language barrier.

My breasts felt heavy, and were in a bit of pain, and my legs were numb and stiff. It wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle. I fell back asleep, and after a few hours, I was ready to take a taxi home. Hyelim had gone ahead and picked up the medication I needed and packed it in my backpack. Angelina helped me order a taxi and I went straight to the airbnb place I had, which was a 10-15 minute ride, and took the medication and went right to sleep. I felt just fine the first day. The second day... that was like the day after a hard cycling class! My calves hurt, and the squatting motion to sit was hard work. The medication helped, and I spent most of the day sleeping with my legs propped. I did take the bus back to the clinic (a 20 minute ride—with no google map help since they don’t allow google maps, and the only map option is one in Korea... it was tricky!). The nurses cleaned my bandages, and I received laser therapy on all my “wounds.” Angelina and Hyelim always greeted me and checked on my progress. The bruises on my legs were dark purple, and there were needle pokes all over from the botox injections to soften my muscles.

I mostly ate porridge that I bought from the 7-eleven type store at the bottom of the apartment I was staying at—super helpful to have close by!!! I had stocked up on water, triangle kimbabs, and porridge... To this day, I can’t eat a spoon of pumpkin soup. I bought lemon to add to my water to help with the swelling, but I have to say, my body already appeared smaller than before! Not sure if it were the compression suit, but I was liking what I was seeing. (Wore that garment for the 3 months—happily!) Post surgery, day 2, I was walking for hours around Gangnam, and doing my daily trip to the clinic for bandage cleaning, vitamin feeds, and laser treatment.

On Tuesday, I went in for my upper body surgery, arms, back, and stomach. Post surgery was even easier than it was with lower body. I also requested that my breasts be a little bigger, and they were able to accommodate for that. Yes, my stomach was extremely sore, and you start using all the things you learned from pregnancy—like how to get up from the bed without using your abs. Luckily my legs weren’t sore at this point, and I was able to use them instead of my stomach. I tried to walk around as much as I could without over working them. At night I kept them propped. I drank at least 50 oz of water a day. I tried out the juice shops that are literally on almost every corner, and would order fresh kale juices.

By day 7, post lower body surgery, my body felt almost normal, albeit still numb. I didn’t have issues sitting, and my appetite came back. I continued to go in to get my laser treatment, and vitamin boosts. They checked on my progress, took in my garment to suit my soon to be smaller body, and did pictures again. The last day was pretty sad. The clinic had been my only social connection, and it was like leaving family. The guidance and care they provided was unlike any other. Many other places I looked into lacked the sincerity I found here.

When I got home, Hyelim and Angelina kept in touch with me and checked up on my healing progress. They answered absurd questions I had, and looked into my concerns (when will the puncture wounds heal? What would help it fade faster?) . My main concern after several months was: I still look the same as pre surgery. This shouldn’t be the case! I waited the 6 months and sent in pictures to them. I was assured that they can consult again, and redo the surgery for me when I visit again. I was planning on going again because I loved Seoul so much! (Even post surgery, I was able to go around and visit several areas by myself!) So that’s where I am now. I wanted to wait at least 6 months before posting this just so that I can see where my body lands. It’s not where I planned, but I trust the PBC team to take care of me! And that, I believe, is the most important thing you should look for in plastic surgery: a place you can trust, feel comfortable—I guess they go hand in hand. I never felt judged or cheated. I know my body is a challenge, and I am thankful they were up to the challenge and willing to work with me. I would definitely go back to Pretty Body Clinic for my lipo needs. They are truly an experienced and professional group. I can’t wait to see them again!