BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty consults (Bulbous nose) Jan 2020 - Namu, Answer, Fresh, Hanabi Clinic

Hello!

Singaporean here. I just went for consults at 4 clinics today. These are my quotes (in KRW,000)
Namu PS (Dr Min) (5,500-9,500KRW)
Answer PS (Dr Choi) (7,000KRW)
Fresh PS (Dr Ah) (12,500KRW)
Hanabi Clinic (Dr Cheung) (10,500KRW)

I have a bulbous, short, slightly upturned nose with a low/flat bridge. Apparently very thick skin as well. All 4 surgeons present suggested that I use rib cartilage for my tip, and either rib or silicone for my bridge.

I know my nose is complicated, but I also don’t want to be fleeced into paying more just because. Someone please tell me if those rates are reasonable? to my understanding, using rib cartilage automatically means a much higher premium, up to double the “standard” silicone implant rate.

will comment on their bedside manner into next post.

Wow the last 2 definitely seem too expensive. 5,500-9,500 is also a pretty wide range, but none of my friends have paid more than 8 million KRW for Rhino (I heard revision cases are more complicated and might be more expensive). Your nose is not a revision right? Rib cartilage adds a little bit more but definitely not over 10 million KRW..

Nope, just primary! They were telling me that Rib cartilage usually means DOUBLE

Whatttttt double??? My friend had revision and it wasn't double at all... she said that when the rib cartilage surgery was added,and it only added 1 or max 2 million KRW to her full surgery price, it didn't double her surgery price at all.. would be suspicious if the clinics told you that

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. My bridge is very low/flat and my tip is short and needs projection. I've also been told by two clinics now that I need midface augmentation since my midface is sunken (one doctor put it in nicer words and said that the lower 1/3 of my face is well developed compared to my nose/mid 1/3 of my face).

The doctors I've reached out to (some in the states and some in Korea) have all recommended that I use rib for my bridge. I understand that using rib cartilage allows for greater projection, but I just feel like doctors have way more experience and better results using implants for primary? I'm conflicted and every quote I've received has been upwards of 10 million KRW (and even more in the US)... all for a primary rhinoplasty too.

Anyways, best of luck choosing your clinic/surgeon. I hope all goes well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey singbubz,

I was quoted by Hanabi recently for rib rhino too. I was given the choice of silicone or rib, which I really appreciated. They are on my list of clinics but I would like to speak to first hand experience patients and Hear their reviews. I think through research I may proceed with rib as I would much prefer having my own material as an implant. Rib should only be performed in the hands of a skilled surgeon to avoid risks. I’m also considering Dr Jin who is wayyyy more expensive but highly skilled in rib.

Did you proceed to with any of those clinics or when are you looking to travel to SK? :smile:

HI, Dr Jin is from which clinic?

I'm looking at primary, isn't usually use silicon use need nose revision after 2 or 3 year? rib better?

Yeah seems to be the case, I’ve been reading some threads on here, a lot of patients who have silicone may have a risk of immune reaction, infection etc and require revision. Some say it’s better to have your own implant (rib, septum or ear). Some have silicone and have no issues. I think it’s a personal decision.
But for me I’m looking for primary rib rhino too.
You can send an online Enquiry to Dr Jin and see what he says?

Another concern if use rib will it be got scar? I not yet enquire Dr Jin, still checking around