BeautyHacker

Wannabe Clinic Eye Surgery Review

Hi all - this is my review for eye surgery at Wannabe Clinic :smile:
I arrived in Seoul on the 12th of December and had consultations from the 12th to 14th. I was staying in Korea for a while so wasn’t pressed for time. The areas I wanted consultations on were my eyes, nose and facial fat removal and I ended up doing eye surgery at Wannabe (and a different clinic for the other procedures).

Consultation at Wannabe

My first impressions of Wannabe was that it had a cosy and welcoming vibe. I had initially cancelled the appointment at Wannabe for a different time as the nose doctor wasn’t present due to a family emergency but I ended up making a later appointment with the other eye doctor (as at that point I wanted to proceed with a clinic I had visited earlier that day, but thought I should give Wannabe a try since it was in my top two preferences when I was doing my initial research).

The consultant I had was called Alice and she spoke English fluently, which is definitely a plus during consultations as you need to be able to get what you want across clearly. We spoke together for a bit on what I wanted for my eyes and nose (my areas were eyes, nose and facial fat removal though I focused mainly on eyes since only the eye doctor was present). Alice had good knowledge based on her experiences as a consultant and I felt immediately at home.

The eye doctor came in (Dr Ho) and I felt like he was the most professional and spent the most time with me in terms of the functional aspects of my eyes out of all the consultations I had with eye doctors. He recommended either incisional double eyelid surgery or eyebrow lift + non-incisional double eyelid surgery – up to me. He also gave me advice on rhinoplasty as the nose doctor wasn’t available. When doing initial research at home, I liked his results so I felt very comfortable entrusting him with my eyes.

My Decision

In the end, I was deciding between 3 clinics. I decided not to go with the 1st clinic I had in mind because they performed rhinoplasty under GA and I was worried about that - it was just my first time doing surgery and I didn’t want to do it under the strongest anaesthetic. So I was deciding between Wannabe and a third clinic (I went the day after) and because I was set on doing rhinoplasty at the third clinic, but not eyes as I liked the eye doctor at Wannabe better, I decided to do my two surgeries at two different places. Looking back, I think I would have booked a consultation with the nose doctor at Wannabe the following week as obviously it’s better to do all surgeries at once but anyhow. I paid my deposit on the Tuesday for a surgery date on Friday 20th December.

Day of Surgery

Pre-op was fast and efficient – we had a final sit-down for the design (me, consultant, doctor) and after confirming everything, I changed and cleaned my face. Then it was time for the operation room! I was pretty nervous as it was my first surgery – and also the fact that I’d have to be awake at certain times in the surgery made my doubly-nervous. However, the whole operation went really smoothly. Opening my eyes during surgery did not hurt at all – I was aware during the operation and could feel sensations on my eyes, but it did not hurt. Alice, Dr Ho and the nurses were extremely professional and I felt safe during the whole operation. I remember going into the room at early 2pm and when I went to the recovery room it was about 4 so I think I spent almost two hours in the operation room. I rested in the recovery room for about an hour and a half until my friends came and then left.

Post Surgery

Post surgery (self) care included putting dressing on my eyes as it was important to keep the wound area moist, and putting an ice pack on my eyes to help with deswelling. In terms of clinic post surgery care, there's a check-up a day after the surgery, and then stitch removal six days after surgery. Other than that, my routine was ‘normal’ – I hung out with my friends everyday after that and just wore a cap to shield my puffy eyes from sight. It took a few days for the worst of the swelling to settle down, and after a week it was okay not to wear the cap so far over my eyes.

Currently, it’s been a little over three weeks since I’ve had the surgery and I like the crease line very much, though I hope the distance between the double eyelid and eye will go down further - and I think it will as deswelling is a very long process.

Sorry no pictures - please respect my decision not to post pictures of myself online - any other questions and I’ll be happy to answer them

@bobamilktea thanks for sharing your experience. I have a good feeling about this place and happy you shared this. Although DES is not my plate, might be, and i'm aiming for Dr Chang for under eye at Wannabe.

Was it Dr Ho? I mixed this up as well and asked Alice and she said my doctor is Dr Chang, but seen alternative spellings as Jang his full Korean name is:
  • Last name: Chang/Jang (depends on spelling)
  • First name is Chul Ho:
Koreans seem to put last names first when they say their name.

http://english.wannabeps.com/medical/medical_02.php

Thanks!
[​IMG]

• 1 month later...