BeautyHacker

ASIAN RHINOPLASTY: Korea vs US.

Hey everyone! I'm planning to have my nose done for the first time. I've done some research and it seems like for Asians, it is somewhat better to travel to Korea because the surgeons there have more experience with the Asian structure/aesthetic. However, since I'm not an US citizen & currently studying in the US at the moment, not having to fly out of America would save me some time & stress of visa issues when I come back to the US. Are there a huge difference between the quality of work (specifically, rhinoplasty for Asian - I'm female if that helps) in the US vs Korea? Will it be worth the stress to get a nose job in Korea?

Can you also recommend some decent suggestions for Asian rhinoplasty surgeons in the US? I have heard of Dr. Yoo in California, but his price (~ 20,000 USD) is a bit high for me...

Thank you!

Rhinoplasty in Korea is def between 3 million and 8 million, 10 million is stretching things (mostly only for revision, rib cartilage or something special). If you're Asian and you're okay with staying by yourself in Korea for a while then I'd say go for it :biggrin:

Prices for a rhinoplasty in Korea is very, very tempting. However, language barrier is a major drawback regarding it. It's difficult to communicate to the doctor what you want. I say, don't risk it for a cheaper rate, you really get what you pay for and your nose is a major component of your face. I'm honestly paying the price for going to Korea for a cheaper nose job and now I have an uglier, crooked nose that I'll have to spend even more money fixing than it would've costed me in the states to begin with.

In Korea, you spend more time with the consultant than you even spend time with the doctor who's going to be doing your surgery. I felt like I was moving in and out of a factory and the doctor didn't really care or remember what I wanted. I went to a highly reputable place in Korea yet my results are borderline botched. Do lots of research and don't try to find a bargain, your nose is worth the splurge. In my opinion, steer clear of Korea for something as delicate as your nose. Lots of the people writing on this forum are promoters so please beware.

I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But while living in Korea, I’ve seen more positive than negative changes for my friends noses. There’s also people actually living here, for who its more of an adventage to do it in Korea than back home. But I do agree there’s a lot of promoters on here, unfortunately agencies such as Docfinder like to spam this place full of lies

Surely, there are many who had better experiences than I have. I don't doubt the skills of many of the surgeons in Korea. The main reason that I don't recommend Korea is due to the language barrier, so my post is more directed more towards people who aren't currently residing in Korea and plan on making a trip there solely for the purpose of PS.
It's far easier to speak to the doctor directly in their native language about your concerns rather than to a consultant who is trying to make a sale for commission and have things get lost in translation. If you decide on going to Korea still, bring a friend who speaks Korean or pay for a translator if possible!!

And be extremely careful of the glowing reviews on here and kakao chats!!!!!!!!

This happened to me too, MilkyMimi. My nose is completely botched and I am now having to pay so much more to fix it. Thank you for warning others!