BeautyHacker

Hi madam butterfly!! There's a lot of speculation around fillers causing sagging. There's a lot of things to consider when answering this question. The two most important things I'd take into consideration is the age of the patient and how much filler he/she is getting. Younger people have more collagen and their skin is more elastic which would make it unlikely for fillers to cause sagging. UNLESS! They are getting a lot of filler which the skin will then naturally stretch to accommodate the newly added volume. Again this doesn't necessarily mean sagging will occur. In my opinion it is the constant top ups of filler to the skin which would cause the skin to sag. Since the skin would constantly be stretched and then let loose over and over again. This is why I personally prefer cheek implants over cheek filler~ cheek implants can make your cheek appear more voluminous by adding internal structure rather than increasing soft tissue mass (the true cause of sagging) hopefully this helps~

Thank you for confirming what i had suspect all along. Fat graft can also do they same thing in migrating in the face and weighing down the soft tissue. If you know of a good surgeon who is skilled with cheek implants or facelift please let me know. i hope that was helpful to others in the group as well.

No I'm m
No I'm not reversing anything, and yes i will be getting Custom made implants!

How were the before/after pics? It's rare for me to find examples of cheek implants from Korea as cheek bone reduction is far more commonly performed. I think the US and Korea are reversed with how often they do cheekbone and jaw reduction versus enhancement.

Regarding skin stretching from filler/fg, I actually listened to a podcast recently where a plastic surgeon addressed this, the topic starts around 37min mark: https://www.spreaker.com/user/9019472/ep-157-the-park-avenue-face

There used to be a user on here called FieryCucumber who had a successful jaw and zygoma reduction reversal but they've since deleted their update threads and profile. However, I found another thread of hers on a different site - perhaps you can reach her there to inquire about which surgeon it was and more details. She said it's fine to message her there. The after photos (now deleted) were amazing.

Link

• 4 weeks later...
OMG! I finally understand why there is a ‘flat’ area and a small skin bulge along my jawline! Thanks for sharing this @yunggrandpa! I found this link on fierycucumber’s post: https://www.dryaremchuk.com/blog/masseter-muscle-reattachment-after-mandibular-angle-surgery/.

“BACKGROUND: Altering the dimensions of the mandibular angle by alloplastic augmentation or skeletal reduction requires elevation of the insertion of the masseter muscle, including the pterygomasseteric sling. Disruption of the pterygomasseteric sling during exposure of the inferior border of the mandible can cause the masseter muscle to retract superiorly, resulting in a loss of soft tissue volume over the angle of the mandible and a skeletonized appearance. Subsequent contraction of the masseter elevates the disinserted edge of the muscle and not only increases the skeletonized area, but also exaggerates the deficiency by causing a soft tissue bulge above it.

I’ve asked the clinic many times why there was a skin bulge where my jawline was cut, but this never came up. There you go, another risk, another reason, why you should not get vline/jaw surgery. Damnit.

You're so welcome! Always keep looking, the answers are always out there somewhere :smile: I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue.

So what is the solution? Will facelift resolve this issue?