BeautyHacker

Coronavirus ... Will it affect your plans or business in clinics in Korea?

Hello! Hope yall can share your thoughts on this.

As the media would lead us to believe, the virus seems to be gaining momentum and has 3 confirmed cases in SK so far. Maybe this means that there will be fewer surgeries in the coming months than usual, with less Chinese people travelling or others feeling apprehensive about elective clinical procedures during an epidemic. Have you considered rescheduling your trip because of this or do you think business in PS clinics will be affected by this?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will definitely be affected..I’m sure many Chinese are probably afraid to travel right now .. i have an upcoming trip ..I’m still booked, just waiting to see if it dies down . If not. I will definitely cancel .not worth risking my life

Looks like a lot of Chinese aren't allowed to travel. And how they've discovered it's contagious before people show symptoms. I live in Asia but the airport doesn't seem like the best place to be at the moment ... Which month were you planning to travel?

I have about 3 days to make up my mind on whether or not I’m still going for March for a full refund.... both my city and Korea have the same confirmed cases of coronavirus. On one hand I think Korea has better control of the spread because they are supposedly super efficient in responding to sanitization and most general public service concerns. Meanwhile, my city still have people hacking their lungs out in the streets and no masks because it’s “weird”. Also our subway system has been broken for over a decade, so you can only imagine what else doesn’t get the attention it needs....

I’m also hearing from the news how as long as you practice good hygiene and common sense (like don’t stick around too close to a coughing person) you would be ok... and if you’re not in your 50s.

And I’m also hearing it’s a smuggled bio weapon in preparation of WWIII that had gone wrong so I don’t know what to believe....

Korea is fine, actually most countries have a couple of confirmed cases, even the US and France. There's loads of Chinese tourists anyway in all countries around the world, if you want to avoid catching a virus at all it's better to stay at your house and never go out. Just make sure you sanitize and wash your hands a lot and wear a mask to stay protected.

That's a good step though since it's infectious during the incubation period, I don't know how useful that will be.

The place where I live is a joke ... other countries are quarantining evacuees. Here, they called a press conference for them (the ones that weren't taken to hospital with 'pneumonia' who were on the same plane!) and gave them a bus to go home in, asking them politely not to go outside whilst they wait for test results. Three have tested positive and it seems testing is optional since 2 people refused testing.

I just want to say that although people wear masks here all the time (which is great), many still don't practice good hygiene. People who don't have masks on would almost never cough into their clothes or arms, and I hate to say this, but I've seen far too many children and adults not washing their hands after using the washroom. But hey, it's getting harder and harder to find hand sanitizers here so maybe actions are indeed taken!

Yikes about the lack of handwashing...

Well I decided I’m still going to Korea... I don’t think the situation is that bad. I’ll buy hand sanitizer before I go though. I’ve been hearing how the virus is not as deadly as previously thought but it is very contagious. Clinics apparently have been cancelling on their Chinese patients and they check visitors thermally and hand them masks.

There are some Canadians who are stuck in Wuhan and Canada has been making efforts to bring them back but I’m not sure how they will quarantine/treat them.

I'm heading to South Korea Feb 24th! Have consults on 25 and surgery on 26 (hopefully). I'm thinking situation in the next few weeks hopefully will be more contained and will have more knowledge with the virus!

Continuous wash of hands, wearing protective mask, sanitize, keeping your immune system strong... etc. like a normal flu season, but more caution and care for yourself :smile:

I agree, since there are so many people travelling in and out of Korea, as well as every other countries out there, nowhere is really 'safe'. You just gotta watch out for yourself first and foremost just like you said. And since they can also get in through your eyes, make sure you don't touch your face too often (which is why people buying masks are missing the point of them since they keep fiddling it with their fingers).