BeautyHacker

Coronavirus ... Will it affect your plans or business in clinics in Korea?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same in Japan. Yes, they wear masks but with or without one, they just cough directly into the air and most women I see in the washroom are running their hands for a few seconds under the faucet - soap isn't a thing.

Am I the only one who sees this as a positive in that the deals will be plentiful when the virus is contained? It happened too when MERS was around. The won will drop and they'll be craving customers. They won't be able to overcharge foreigners since the Chinese can't come in for surgery.

Not trying to be mean but this could turn out in our favor if we wait it out a month or 2.

ETA: I'm am American and I can tell you people here are gross af.

Yeah, it's tricky. I wanted to go from Feb 25th even despite this virus chaos. Figured I would try to be careful and maybe flights and accommodation would be cheaper, maybe even surgery since a lot of people would be cancelling. Thing that did it for me was finding out we're in the shadow of a mercury retrograde, going full retro on Feb 18th. Call me superstitious but I didn't want to fight against the universe on this one lol.

• 3 weeks later...
a number of my friends cancelled their trip because of the virus. the gov issued a next level emergency warning about it. The problem with this virus is its less deadly than Mers and the Flu but more infectious. Other problem is if someone is having surgery their immune system be weaker so probably best to avoid korea for now since ppl seem to think the gov is lying about the extent of the infection.

Also even tho media is blowing it way out of proportion, the concern governemnts are having is that they do not know how the virus could mutate yet hence the precaution

Furthermore, imagine getting sick in SK, it could be a problem seeking medical attention if the hospitals in SK are overwhelmed with patients. He/she probably also has to get hold of his/her country’s embassy in Korea to fly back home cause I’m pretty damn sure nobody will let an infected go to the airport. Another thing to consider is travel advisory has already been issued, if anything happens, the travel insurance is not likely to cover. Third, even if he/she returns to his/her own country, he/she maybe quarantined for 14 days. The areas affected are Daegu and Cheongdo. Seoul is safe ... for now.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/singapore-to-bar-visitors-from-cheongdo-and-daegu-amid-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-in
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-south-korea-daegu-cheongdo-travel-advisory-moh-12462192

I think that’s North Korea.

This should be the advisory for SK.

KOREA (REP.) - published 20.02.2020

1. Visitors who have been in the Hubei Province (China People's Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Korea (Rep.).

2. Nationals of China (People's Rep) with a passport issued in the Hubei Province are not allowed to enter Korea (Rep.).

3. Korean visas issued by the Wuhan Consulate in the Hubei Province are invalidated.

4. A visa is required to transit through Korea (Rep.) for:

- nationals of China (People's Rep.) arriving from China (People's Rep); and

- visa required nationals arriving from China (People's Rep.).

5. Visitors arriving from Japan who have been in the cruise ship 'Diamond Princess' are not allowed to transit or enter (Korea Rep.).

Now over than 1,000 cases and domestic infection has begun. I recommend you not visit Korea in this time.

If you cannot change your plan, please prepare your N95, ffp2-3 level of masks as many as possible. Actually 5 masks per day is required.

Of course, you have to wear your mask during your flight. Both of come and go back. Staying in dormitory or guest house to avoid staying in same room with strangers is not safe. Single room in normal hotel is the best.

I heard that US government controls visitation of Americans recently.. Apparently, Seoul is better than Daegu, but it is too populated. So you have to prepare so much and be careful.

There is a worldwide shortage in masks - it’s sold out in pharmacies across Asia. People are queuing up to buy masks in SK, shelves are empty in China, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan... The prices of masks have increased 3 to 5 folds. Amazon is trying to curb masks price hike. SG government says if you are not sick, you don’t need to wear mask! Below excerpt from SG’s Ministry of Health Website:

Who should wear a mask? What kind of mask should I wear?

For the general public who are not having any symptoms at all and are well, there is no requirement to wear a mask.

As a good hygiene measure, people who are not well and have respiratory symptoms should wear a mask so that they do not spread any infection to other people. Anyone who has symptoms should see a doctor as soon as possible, to make sure that they remain well.

In the case of COVID-19, we know that the infection is spread through droplets. Wearing a mask will protect other people when someone with respiratory symptoms coughs or sneezes, as the mask would trap those droplets and prevent those droplets from spreading and disseminating.

As such, a surgical mask is sufficient for this case and fulfils the important function of preventing a spread if worn properly. The mask should be changed if it gets soiled or stained.

(see Advisory on Wearing Masks, under the section “Content you can use”)

KOREA (REP.) - published 20.02.2020

1. Visitors who have been in the Hubei Province (China People's Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Korea (Rep.).

2. Nationals of China (People's Rep) with a passport issued in the Hubei Province are not allowed to enter Korea (Rep.).

3. Korean visas issued by the Wuhan Consulate in the Hubei Province are invalidated.

4. A visa is required to transit through Korea (Rep.) for:

- nationals of China (People's Rep.) arriving from China (People's Rep); and

- visa required nationals arriving from China (People's Rep.).

5. Visitors arriving from Japan who have been in the cruise ship 'Diamond Princess' are not allowed to transit or enter (Korea Rep.).

KOREA (DEM. PEOPLE'S REP.) - published 06.02.2020

1. Passengers traveling as tourists are not allowed to enter.

2. Passengers traveling on business or duty must spend 14 days in quarantine upon arrival.

According to this from that link you posted, yes.

Then, why is it required that block all people come from Korea to SG? It would be okay to let people "who is okay" come in or make them wear mask strict.

SG can say like your link because SG already banned all of potential resource from outside, and the scale of the country is very small. In Korea, it is totally different. Much more cases, much more population, much more visitors from everywhere even in China(outside of Hubei).

In my opinion, SG government need to control the mask providing and mask market because of the lack of mask so they need that kind of direction. In every country, government and its experts have their own direction fit to their own country. SG and Korea are very different from each other.

And usually here, the direction from government is just minimun required. So it is not weird that preparing more than direction. Of course, we know that government cannot direct to do something impossible to their people. For example, if the government cannot provide very eough quantity of mask to everyone, it cannot publish the direction like "Wear mask everywhere" because in the lack of mask, that kind of direction makes people be mad and going to crazy.

Furthermore, "Spread out though only droplet" is treated as outdated in here. Because of the crazy increasing of the cases, aerosol transfer theory is getting its own background. And even infective who doesn't have any symptom can trasfer virus to others. So even if you think you are okay, wearing mask is required.

So I recommend you potential visitors for Korea prepare much if they still need to follow current plan. I wanna welcome all of visitors, but warning was first.