BeautyHacker

Jaw reduction

Hi everyone! I had jaw reduction done at Regen quite recently. Still very swollen, but according to my CT, everything should look great once swelling goes down.
ct3.jpg
ct1.jpg
ct2.jpg
x-ray.jpg
I just wanted to write few words about my experience, about Dr.Oh and Regen’s staff in general. I saw a post where one girl was complaining about nurses and their post-op care. First of all, my consultant – she was very sweet and friendly, really tried to support me as I was super nervous and after the surgery, she stayed till 10pm with me, the next morning she herself went to the pharmacy to buy my prescribed medicines and called for a cab to drive me back to my hotel. I don’t know Korean at all, so she also helped me a lot with ordering for both me and my mom, different food from different places. I don’t think it’s her responsibility, yet she was very-very supportive! As for nurses, yes they were a bit rude but I think it’s only due to culture difference. They did everything that was necessary. They came every time I called them, brought me some water if I asked and helped me to get to the restroom when I was too weak to walk. The only thing they didn’t do was changing the ice pack but right after the surgery when they brought me one, they warned me that I can take and change ice packs as many times as I want or need and that I’d do it myself.
I read a lot about Dr.Oh both positive and negative, but don’t trust other people words unless you see and talk to him face to face. He’s nothing as people describe. He’s a man of moods but speaks English quite well and seems very knowledgeable about what he’s doing. I didn’t really need a translator during our consultations, as could talk to him directly and he understood me and explained everything very clearly. He didn’t hide any information about possible complications and told me in advance that due to my skin condition I may or may not need facelift. My skin is too heavy. He was very honest with me and didn’t agree when I showed him how much I wanted him to cut, saying that it may cause some nerve damages and suggested a safer way in my case.
All in all, my experience was great! I’m still recovering, as it’s been only few weeks, yet very glad that chose him.

Dr Oh speaks very good English and he was featured on many English speaking TV channels. You’re quite right that you don’t need a translator with him. When I was at Regen, the nurses changed my ice packs and checked my temperature every 2-3 hours throughout the entire night! For that, I was grateful. There wasn’t any deswelling treatments or complimentary hair wash but that was ok. I appreciate that Regen’s consultants are always responsive to my questions, even until today, 3 years post-op. Yes, they could be defensive at times, but not any more than any other SK clinic. I’ve also read hits and misses with Dr. Oh, what can I say? I suppose docs don’t have robotic arms and each individual carries different inherent risks and healing properties. Hope you heal well!

Thank you!

The surgery I underwent is called One Piece V-line. Dr. Oh explained it to me as removing a large chunk of my bone from under the ear up to the front of chin as one piece and compare to the classic method, it results in minimal swelling and way faster recovery. It’s an advanced technique which helps to separate bone as a single piece without breaking.

I’m still very swollen, that’s actually why I posted only CTs and X-rays. If you don’t mind, I’ll blur my eyes :smile: