BeautyHacker

< 3 years post rhino, FC, FG and under eyes fats repositioning

I really appreciate people coming back to this forum to share their LT results, so I’m gonna share mine as well!

1. Rhinoplasty (silicon) & tip plasty (ear cartilage) | 4 years ago
My skin was really thin so I could see the outline of the ear cartilage. I did a simple revision 6 mths post op by putting a product - AlloDerm, over the cartilage. Although it solved the problem, I ended up with a sharper and more ‘Barbie’ nose than intended, but it’s alright. :biggrin: Silicon is still good so far, no warping.

2. Zygoma, Vline & full face FG | 3.5 years ago
I :heart: the improvement in my face shape but it comes with a cost: My lower lip and chin are still numb, there’s a flat area near either sides of my jawline where bone was removed, and mild sagging in the jowls. I did my FG together with FC. After 6 months, my left under-eye still looked ‘puffy’, and I believed it was overfilled rather than being swollen. Since I also had inherent eye bags, I went for under eyes fats repositioning.

2. FG touch-up & under eyes transconjuctival fats repositioning | 3 years ago
I’m happy with my FG. Until today, I retain some fats on my upper eyelid, temples, forehead, upper cheeks, nasolabial folds, but not so much in my lower cheeks. There is a remarkable improvement in my under eye areas, but it took 1.5 years for a persistent swelling under my right eye to totally disappear!

After stopping PS for about 3 years, I’m now looking at thread lifting and FG.

Some lessons learnt:
1. Docs may not always get it right the first time, all the time. Know your risks, be mentally/financially prepared for revisions.
2. Healing is a b****, persistent swelling can last a year or more.
3. Take a break, don’t do PS continuously.

DE431BA5-970B-44EA-A5DF-6C142BA7AD6B.jpeg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to just check with the clinics. Good luck for your surgeries.

Yes, I have a shortlist of clinics that I want to do thread lift and fats graft. I’ve gotten some preliminary quotes but haven’t negotiated the price yet. I’m putting off my travel until the wuhan virus settles. I’m interested in Hyundai Aesthetics, Dr Lim Jong Min, but I haven’t decide yet.

Only if you're getting it in a different area. Forehead fg should be okay, but cheek or undereye no. You'd still be very swollen at only 1 week post op.

• 2 weeks later...
You look amazing on your profile picture!!

I was wondering about if you had any issues with sagging/loose skin after the FC?
I also did fc 2 years ago, though I have some sagginess on lower face that will hopefully be fixed when I go back to SK this may.

Awww thank you! I have a little sagging on the jowls but I’m not sure if that’s due to aging or the surgery. There’s a little loose skin due to the ‘flat’ areas on either sides of my jawline where the bones were taken out. That said, I don’t have major issues with sagging or loose skin. I’m looking at a 2nd fats graft to fill up those ‘flat’ areas, but still undecided about threadlifts.

Omg everyone, I just found out that the skin sagging I thought I have could actually be retraction of the masseter muscle due to mandibular (body) reduction. I have ‘flat’ areas and skin bulge above either sides of my jawline where the bones were taken out. I voiced my concerns over and over again with the clinic but this never came up, I was advised to do thread lifts. Now I’m beginning to think it’s not sagging. Check out the article and excerpt below:

Source: https://www.dryaremchuk.com/blog/masseter-muscle-reattachment-after-mandibular-angle-surgery/
“Disruption of the pterygomasseteric sling during exposure of the inferior border of the mandible can cause the masseter muscle to retract superiorly, resulting in a loss of soft tissue volume over the angle of the mandible and a skeletonized appearance. Subsequent contraction of the masseter elevates the disinserted edge of the muscle and not only increases the skeletonized area, but also exaggerates the deficiency by causing a soft tissue bulge above it.”

Mine is not very obvious, but if this is it, I should be looking at a corrective surgery to reattach the masseter muscle instead of lifts or even fats graft. I’ve WhatsApp my clinic and shall see what they say - I sincerely hope clinics will admit when there’s a problem. I don’t expect surgeries to be 100% successful, but the clinics and docs need to be truthful.

Is the flat area on jawline similar to this (on the left)?
3-Figure3-1.png

Please keep us updated about it