BeautyHacker

Please Share Any Advice about Zygoma Reduction

yes they can all be done at the same time. I haven't done that but I have met people who did v line, zygoma, fat grafting, rhinoplasty and DES all at the same time when I was in Korea. I must say I don't recommend it unless you are very brave. everyone who did this had extremely tough recovery

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had rhino in the past (no other procedure was done the same day) and damn, my face was fuuuuuucked up for months. I can't imagine if I had lots more procedures on top of that at the same time. I also want to point out that an alteration of any feature can totally change the entire appearance (I look pretty different with just the rhino - luckily, it turned out very well) so I think one at a time would be better. For example, if someone with a wide nose gets a petite nose, it may impact how the rest of their features look. Perhaps with a small nose their eyes now really show and shine and an eye procedure isn't necessary anymore, etc. My own example: my small nose now makes my lips look very full, and so I would never get filler there. Before the rhino, my nose overshadowed my lips and they weren't noticeable at all. If I had gotten both procedures at once, well, would have been a yikes as a combined result. Hope this can help a bit. Good luck!

thank you so much for your kind reply. im actually reconsidering fc surgery because of all the side effects of sagging and chubby lower cheek and all. since i will have only about two weeks in korea if i dont do fc i migh get nose DES and fat graft done together.

clinics another thing though there is just so many of them i absolutely have no idea how you guys choose (total newbie here by the way :biggrin: certain clinics want me to pay a deposit of 1M won to secure the 20 or 30% off but i wanna do face to face consultation before i decide. but then they say normal price will apply so im just lost. thank god theres this forum to help us newbs out.

For facial contouring also zygoma reduction, consider below

Pros
  • Face smaller
  • Face look mild
  • Much better Smile (had two jaw surgery)
  • Face look narrower
Cons
  • Recovery time
  • Safety - need orthognathic surgeon
  • Facial features might have less support
  • skin, soft tissues (might need follow up treatment/surgery)

thank you phfitan. definitely consider the pros and cos to everything. theres another clinic that doenst get talked about much here called Ilumi. they offer face contour with extra procedures like buccal fat removal and cheekbone lift right after the procedure to prevent sagging. do you know if those procedures work? has anyone have any experience with Ilumi? thanks a million in advance :smile:

I'm also curious to know more about buccal fat removal! I am wondering if I should get buccal fat removal in my home country, and then do FC later on - from what I researched about the process, buccal fat removal would help with the chubbiness of the lower third of the face (something I need). But I don't want to look super chiseled like a supermodel haha. I'm also worried with aging, whether I will miss the chubby cheeks?

I don't know for sure but before I did my zygoma surgery, I did some research about buccal fat removal too. It seems like the fat gives your face youthfulness. Removing it makes the face hollow? Like when you do the fish face to contour your face when doing make up... Not sure if you see what I'm describing. Of course many people like having their face like that, it gives the skinny impression. But I saw many many people say that it makes them look older.

agreed!!
Depends on how's her face now. especially if she resemble the face from the photo she post, she might not need the additional procedure.
A lift might be useful after, but again depends on the person.
Some pple including myself are actually looking for fat graft after

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm still pondering over it, especially over the aging part. I looked at a family picture and noticed the similarities - the chubby cheeks. Especially since I have a really active lifestyle and the face fat is not likely to be due to baby fats. All seem to be good signs pointing towards a slimmer appearance if doing buccal fat removal. Honestly my cheeks ache lately with all the smiling I've been doing for analysis LOL.

got it, fair enough!
cheek does ache a bit if smiling a lot :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
I know some people worry about the sagging cheeks after the zygoma reduction, but I never had any side effects so far. (you can read my posting here:https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1014450-my-cheekbone-reduction-at-faceline-clinic/)
I guess my skin reaction is good compared to the others and of course, skin reaction is quite different per person. There's many pros and cons of zygoma reduction so please search a lot of information as much as possible.

Not to be negative, but it hasn't even been a full year since your surgery. Sagging generally takes multiple years.

I’ve actually seen a dr. talking about quick zygoma, for me I think it’s not worth it barely noticeable change. I might just go for the full zygoma red.
Here’s the link for the video I’ve watched:

Hi:smile: would you mind sharing the name of the clinic where you’ve gotten your zygo red. done?
Sounds like a good one to me, I can also live if I’ll have minimal sagging in the future.
Thank You