BeautyHacker

which procedure would resolve my midface asymmetry issues the best?

I just wonder if someone had the same problem? I have very slight asymmetry and quite noticeable long midface. I contacted one hospital and was advised to proceed a two-jaw but I don’t really wanna get it done as have no troubles with my bite or very severe asymmetry. I think that place wanted to charge me with the highest prices… So what I think is that cheekbone reduction would be enough for me. Open for any suggestions. Thanks!

I have quite noticeable asymmetry due to my maxilla. It’s a bit prolonged and the length from the right is also different. I have no problems with my bite tho. I visited few ps’s before Christmas holidays and most of them offered me a two-jaw because of mid face asymmetry which results in quite noticeable facial asymmetry in general. At regen was offered 2 options:
1. Two-jaw to really get rid of that asymmetry and shorten my maxilla
2. V-line with zygoma reduction in case if I’m not ready for such a big surgery like two-jaw
Dr. Oh said that I don’t really need two-jaw unless my maxilla difference really bothers me. And yes it does bothers me a lot, so I decided to get a two-jaw. I found a review of this girl https://www.realself.com/review/orthognathic-surgery-suffered-lot-worth-sincerely-thankful-droh-myungjune-great-2 but she also had quite massive chin, which is totally opposite to mine. Yet her midface is quite long like mine.

How much did they quote you for that?

They said the surgery itself costs 23.7m krw which is around $19.6k usd. I’ll be provided a 20% discount if book my surgery in advance and put a 10% deposit and +5% more if I write a review on realself or some other pics-sharing stuff. I’m still considering if I’m ok with other people seeing my face but totally fine for those 20%.

If the total discount is gonna be 25% it’s quite a good deal, actually around 5K off. Nice! I’ve heard about regen’s dr.oh, both good and bad and still not clear about my decision towards him. When you gonna get your surgery done?

I don’t really care what people write about him. I had a f2f consultation with him and could feel how passionate he is about his work which made me feel even more confident about my decision. I planned my surgery this coming March but because of coronavirus situation my mom asked to postpone it, so maybe in June or even July. Would depend on the situation.

Maybe you are right and seeing each doctor in person would help to make my mind. Okay, anyways good luck!

Please keep us updated about your surgery !