BeautyHacker

When to just give up?

This post is primarily for the people who are not botched but still not completely satisfied with your plastic surgery or surgeries.

When do you just give up?

That is, when do you just accept that this is the best the surgeon could do, for the type of eyes/face/nose/whatever that you were born with?
That even though the results were not so great, the acceptance that this is just my fate, to not have the greatest luck, to just accept that I am one of those people that don’t look amazingly better after plastic surgery?
After all, why do I need to be beautiful? Who, after all, in the entire world is completely in love with the way they look? Why do I deserve to be, then? Millions of people aren’t satisfied the way the look but they just live with it. So is that what I need to do, too?

I ask myself the same thing.
Im getting old already, and until now I still cant afford to get a PS.

There still a part of me that hope that someday even at the last stage of my life somehow I will feel beautiful.

Unfortunately the world judge people by looks and yeah one can argue that theres more to life than looks. But I bet u life is so much better if u are good looking. LOL

Ahh, my heart hurt reading this :sad:
For me, I am happy with my looks but before surgery, I was very unhappy and I can understand. After my rhino, I was left with an uneven scar that I didn't fix for 3 years later as I had come to believe there was no hope and that would be as good as it would ever get with me. Thank goodness it worked out very well BUT, I will never be completely 100% happy with my looks, it's just who I am. I'm a perfectionist by nature and even though I know I am "conventionally" beautiful and get all the compliments and free drinks from creeps, I know I'll most likely die still feeling this way. Some days I don't even want to look in the mirror. You know, like, oh I wish I didn't have this little scar on my forehead, I wish I didn't have this dimple on my cheek, I wish my ears had a more cute shape to them, I wish I didn't have this height, I wish my fingers didn't look weak, I wish I didn't have this massive scar over my rib from childhood surgery - the list goes on forever. You can bet if people had the option to magically mold their features into whatever, like with a computerized selection, that pretty much everyone would look quite different. It is what it is. I have friends who think they're overweight when clearly they're average like any other person, or sometimes even slim!
I think, no, I know that media and societal standards have definitely caused immense insecurities due to a nearly unreachable ideal of beauty without surgical intervention or some sort of enhancement like filler, botox etc. But the truth is, even then most will never be fully happy. We've got even people like Kim Kardashian still trying procedure after procedure, and quite openly too, even though they are part famous for their beauty alone and set beauty trends.
I say, there will always be ways to improve your looks to where you're happy (not 100%, but happy/alright), even without these things. A different haircut, bangs, different makeup style, you'd be surprised how magical these things can be :smile: Don't be disheartened. Remember, even people who totally defy beauty standards (perhaps due to extreme obesity, or very alternative fashionistas for example) end up with someone who falls in love with them. You're good enough. I have learned how to carry myself to where people fawn over my looks, EVEN though deep down I have these feelings. I had to force myself to get over that hill. I'm just a person too. Don't be so hard on yourself. Always remember that even the greatest of the greats still have insecurities too. Yeah, it can be argued that life is harder if you're not "beautiful" but it can also be argued that life is harder when you have defects, and that life is even harder when you have disabilities - like this is endless. Likewise, life would be easier if we were millionaires. Life would be easier if we were famous. These kinds of fantasies are pointless imo. You know that saying, that if you look hard enough, you'll just keep finding more and more "problems" and it'll never stop. Don't just give up and accept you're hideous or something along that line. Get some deep long needed rest. Do some face masks, change up your style, sleep well, drink plenty of water, change your mindset slowly, essentially: learn to take care of yourself and your skin, hair and body will glow. The fact that you asked "when" to give up, means you haven't yet and there's something still in you wanting you to learn to see your sparks. Don't let unrealistic expectations (even your own) steal your sparkle. Sending you lots of love and like you said yourself, millions feel this way too. You don't need to grill yourself to reach some wild beauty standard set by those who weren't even born that way in the first place. Wish you all the best, and if you ever need to vent, I'm here!

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't help but want to reply to this because I feel like we all have some aspect or thought of this. For me, I don't think I come into the surgery knowing what the scope of success my doctor will have. In the end, surgery results are relative to the person, and it's true: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In a society where we're constantly surrounded by a plethora of different people, I often compare myself to those who I feel look better than me. In that regard, I will always have some feelings of inferiority, and thus the need to look better through surgery.

It can be a really scary path to go down towards because you either have a false impression of yourself, or too high of an expectation for what can occur (and for some part, I feel like advertisements by these clinics fuel this image that there are super dramatic changes, which there can be, but that's not reflective of everyone getting surgery). I know for myself, I was only content with getting my nose done, but I started pondering about slimming my face through facial contouring. I try not to think about it, but it's a rather inconvenient truth that I might be throwing money and time to make myself potentially look like one of the dramatic cases I see on advertisements when I walked through Gangnam. Ultimately loving yourself and feeling confident is a lot harder than it looks, and I would sadly say that I kind of did love myself before surgery. Comparing my current face to my old one, I was horrified to think I even looked attractive, but a lot of my friends loved me and I guess that's where my self-love came through. When you're validated by others, you feel okay. But learning to love without that validation is going to take time, and it's a journey I think for all of us.

• 4 weeks later...
I did Vline. Before I flew to Korea, I was quite certain to do cheekbones as well, and a rhino. I was no longer active in chats after my surgery so I don't know if everyone goes through the same mental process.

Trying to find the right doctor was super draining. SUPER DRAINING. At the end of the day, it was all up to me, and my budget, so even though I got all the permission and encouragement from friends and families, I knew if I screwed up, it would be all on me. The pressure was real, no joke. I felt incredibly fortunate to have the result I wanted. I still have the mom of a Korean friend's words in my mind "the less the better, one at a time". Because of that, I didn't choose to do zygoma despite being recommended by may consultants/ some doctors. They said my zygoma may appear to be larger visually and proportionally if I only get vline. It is a gamble for sure. Nobody can guarantee if reducing my cheekbones would give me a better look than now, and I certainly wouldn't know either. Right now, I am glad I only had vline done. My cheekbones are fine. My face is not in an oval shape, and it is not as small as a celebrity's. But from what I originally had, my face is significantly smaller especially from 45degree and 90 degree angles. Am I thinking about rhino? Not very much anymore. After I got a smaller face, my nose seems to be more prominent and my eyes seem to be larger (proportionally). My vline surgery also taught me to be more cautious about any surgery. There are simply so many things that can easily go wrong. I maybe different from other girls, but after reevaluating my vline surgery again, the risk, money, efforts, results and all, I felt like my result was very fortunate to have. Ironically, it certainly didn't give me more confident on getting more surgeries, since I understand the whole thing a lot better now. After the surgery, I have higher respect towards girls who had gotten plastic surgeries, especially to ones who had changed so much to a much better version of themselves. I completely disagree with some people who criticize so hard on girls like Kylie Jenner or Korean celebs who had done ps. I also disagree with people who bash and shame on girls using their before and after pictures. They are simply jealous and don't know a thing about ps. Ps is a difficult and painful process, and not everyone can achieve ideal results and become the pretty girls perceived by others. Some of the girls just got to become looking better (me as an example). There are lots of limitations. If a girl can become so pretty via ps, it is her achievement. Some people always say, 'oh she got prettier only because of ps'. No, it is not like she bought something (or made a payment) so she got prettier. she got prettier because of many other factors (i.e. her original foundation, her budget, her decision, her maintenance etc.).

Always evaluate, evaluate, and evaluate. It tells you when to stop.
The rule of thumb for me, I get ps only to become a better version of myself. (There is always another person who is prettier.)

Same lol
Especially when it comes to face shape. My face shape is too asymmetrical, huge and ugly that I literally didn't see somebody have the same. Even in all these “before” pictures

If your results are simply unsatisfactory but not botched I guess you should still see it as a blessing. It is far better to look almost the same after surgery or look minimally different in a good way than ending up looking vastly different cause you got botched or surgeon did something too extreme.

Minimal changes only means the surgeon was careful and conservative in their approach which would always give the most natural results and very low chances of complications. Often when a surgeon goes too far is when you get problems.