BeautyHacker

Double jaw surgery in Korea

Hello! I want to get double jaw surgery but i have one question:i have a perfect bite and I don't have gummy smile, would double jaw be beneficial to me?i have read that it helps have maximum results along with v-line but i also want to achieve midface shortening but at the same time I'm afraid that after double jaw my teeth won't show when i smile.any opinions?can you get midface shortening with double jaw surgery if you don't have gummy smile?

To make your mid face short, I think doing upper jaw reduction is enough and gummy smile has nothing to do with this surgery. I also have long mid-face, so now I'm digging info on that surgery. I'm also considering philtrum reduction as well but when it comes to dramatic result the upper jaw reduction is better. I've already did online consultation with Regen and DA. Hope this can sort out your problem!

Thank you for your reply!i have read about someone who had double jaw just for aesthetics and they said that their teeth were no longer visible when they would smile.also one doctor gas told me that if you move the upper jaw up then there's chance your teeth will show less but others have told me otherwise so I'm confused

I think doing double jaw only for aesthetic purpose is not worth it. As you might know double jaw reduction is quite huge surgery and it's originally for people who have lantern jaw. And when it comes to the teeth problem, it's because it is hard to open your mouth for the first few months after the jaw surgery and this will be sorted out as time goes by.

Can I ask you if you're getting it for functionality reasons (overbite,underbite etc)? I'm getting it because i have a long face so i guess that makes it purely cosmetic

I don't have lantern jaw either but I think my mid face is long and my upper lip is bit protruded. And yes I also want to do surgery for aesthetic reason so I might do philtrum reduction only. Just send some pics of you and get online consultation=) the consultant will give you the most suitable surgery method. FYI since double jaw reduction is sorta tricky surgery, I would go major clinics(BNBG, DA..) where has their own anesthesiologists if I were you

I agree with you on the anesthesiologist thing but i am against big, heavily advertised clinics,i prefer smaller ones where you can have a more personal experience with your doctor , like tfd or eu

Thank you for your reply!the thing is I'm quite confused about midface shortening.of course i know that face to face consultation and x-rays and CT scan are the most important thing here but EU say they can do it no matter what without the danger of the teeth not showing because of the surgery,on the other hand dr Lee isn't so sure, even maybe against doing it,so i don't know who to believe