BeautyHacker

Korean Plastic Surgery - my journey

Hello PurseForum!
I recently went to South Korea to get plastic surgery and I'm here to tell you guys ALL about it! PurseForum was very helpful in my Plastic Surgery journey so I hope this thread can help those who are interested too; my procedures and recovery or the clinic itself. Enjoy!

Picking a Clinic
I did a lot of research here on PurseForum about which clinics I should avoid and which clinics was the "best" (in my opinion). After researching for a few months I had 2 clinics in mind; JK plastic Surgery and UVOM Plastic Surgery. I believe that both clinics are great but I choose UVOM Plastic Surgery because it was a smaller, more intimate setting. I felt like they would pay more attention to my needs since they were a smaller clinic compared to a large clinic where they have multiple patients everyday. Also, I read that JK Plastic Surgery was pricer than UVOM. So I basically just trusted my gut and went for UVOM Plastic Surgery without having any other consultations.

Online Consultation
After figuring out which clinic I wanted, I did an online consultation through KakaoTalk. I sent in about 9-10 photos of my face and told her about my concerns. Tbh I felt so bad because I literally sent her a whole paragraph about 10 different procedures I wanted to do on my face! But I ended up only doing 3 procedures. She was very sweet and informative and her english was great. Then I was scheduled for my face-to-face consultation.

Procedures I was interested
1) My number 1 problem was my nose! It was bulbous, I had no nose bridge, it was uneven, and very wide.
2) The shape of my face was like a basketball. It was extremely round and I looked masculine. I wanted a feminine v-line shape.
3) My face was very uneven so I wanted to do facial fat graft. ALSO, I had a slight cleft chin and this helped!
4) I have double eyelids but I wanted them bigger! (I actually didn't do eyelid surgery but I'm still considering this procedure when I go back to Korea)

Face-to-face Consultation
The clinic was very clean and comfortable. I was greeted by 2-3 staff members. They didn't speak english but I did have an english translator for that day. They took my photos then did an x-ray of my face. This took about 25 minutes. After that I went into a room where we discussed my procedures. I had decided prior to the face-to-face consultation on Double Eyelid Surgery, Rhinoplasty, and Facial Fat Graft. At that time, I did want to do the V-line or Jaw surgery but I was too scared since it was an invasive surgery. But during the consultation and looking at my photos(I saw how round my face really was), I ended up doing Rhinoplasty, V-line, and Facial Fat Graft. I spoke to the manager/consultation lady then I met with my surgeon. We spoke for 1-2hrs. They were very thorough and informative. They showed me how my nose may look like physically using sticks & how I would look like with my new jaw covering up my face and where fat will be injected in my face. I was schedule for my surgery date on February 25th, 2020. And yes, I went when COVID-19 was pretty hot there. I'm safe and I was tested negative for the virus. No worries.

Surgery
Now to the day of the surgery! I walked into the clinic, checked in, they gave clothes to change in and also gave me a locker to put my things in. I went into the consultation room where I met with my surgeon to talk about my procedures. After that we paid for the surgery then I just had to wait till the surgeon was ready for me.

I remember walking into the operating room, I was scared and I was also shaking a lot(it was also cold in the room). I laid down on the operating bed then they gave me the anesthesia. I told myself to focus on my breathing and BAM I was asleep. It happened so quick! The surgery took 10-12hrs, I don't remember how long it really was. But I do remember someone waking me up after the procedure was done but I was so drugged up I kept falling back asleep. This happened a few times till I felt so cold I had to ask for a blanket. I'm still on the operating bed. After a while I was moved into the resting area. I remember being thirsty but I wasn't allowed water till 3hrs after my surgery. This was one of the worst part of my journey! My throat hurt so much and I couldn't even talk. My nose was filled with cotton to suck up blood so I could only breathe through my mouth. That day felt like forever. I was in and out of sleep. My face didn't hurt, it felt fine. No pain besides my dry throat.

Recovery
I spend the whole night and morning at the clinic till I was discharged in the afternoon. I was able to walk around still. But my face blew up. They gave me ice packs to help with the swelling. I was good to go home. During this time I ate porridge, drank pumpkin juice, milk and soymilk. It was hard to eat since my mouth was so swollen. The next day, I consider this 1 day post op, I went back to the clinic and did this laser treatment for deswelling which was very relaxing. I was hoping I would remove the cotton out of my nose but NOPE. Another night with them in. This was seriously the worst. I went back to the clinic, 2 days post op to finally take out the cotton in my nose. This was the best part! They checked my stitches and cleaned/changed my bandages. My swelling was the worst this day. I couldn't even open my eyes and it felt like my skin was about to burst. I stayed home on day 3 & day 4 my swelling went down on these days as I was constantly icing my face and walked around Seoul. 5 days post op I went back to get my nose cast taken off, part of my nose stitches and also changed my bandages. I finally saw my new nose and I was honestly kinda disappointed at first cause it looked the same. But I was open-minded since I was still swollen and I had thick skin. I did see a change in my nose bridge which I liked! I just wished the tip was thinner. Obviously I need to give it a lot of time. So I'm not bashing them. I went back every other day to do the laser deswelling treatment which I think helped a little. Day 9 was the worst because that's when they took out the stitches in my mouth and inside my nose. This was the only legit pain I felt. Focusing on my breathing technique definitely helped keep my mind off of the pain. This was also the last time I saw my surgeon.

2 Weeks Post OP
I feel and look so much better compared to the first week! My nose is a lot thinner and my jaw is looking a lot slimmer. I can eat solid foods now. I love how I look. I wanted a very natural look so in my photos you won't notice much but in person you definitely see a difference. I'm still swollen and need a lot more time till I see my final face.

12.jpg 13.jpg

Thank you for sharing your experience! I've been interested in UVOM but I'm thinking that maybe their style is a little too natural for what I want.

If you don't mind me asking, which doctor did you go with? Dr Lee?

(Your nose looks beautiful, by the way :heart:)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys! Here's another update! This should be my 1 month post op!

My nose feels less stiff and I can see it slimming down. I do have bulbous tip so I know it will take months to even a year for my final result! The downside of my rhinoplasty is that my nose is still crooked. I wished the surgeon had fixed it but I can live with it. For my jaw line, I've been wearing my bandage as often as I can to prevent sagging. I do notice that my jaw isn't symmetrical I'm hoping that it's still swollen so I will give it time. My fat grafting use to feel very hard and stiff but it feels normal again. I'll keep you guys updated next month!