BeautyHacker

Ruby Plastic Surgery - Post Op Review (Breast Reduction/Lift)

Hello! For starters, I thought I should say I really am not the type of person to write reviews for anything. I just feel really passionate about this subject and my experience having a life-changing surgery in Seoul, South Korea.

My Background

Since I was 15 years old, I started asking my parent’s about having surgery to remove breast tissue from my chest, formally known as Breast Reduction surgery. The women in my family all suffer from back pains and discomfort due to the size of their breast, but they deal with these suffers because they fear having this particular surgery. As you can assume, my parents told me to wait until I was older to make a clearer decision. Well, here I am 10 years later…. I not only suffered physically from having large breast, but most importantly, I suffered emotionally too. I couldn’t find bras/swimsuits in my size. I couldn’t exercise without wearing 2-3 sports bras. Finding clothes was uncomfortable. Dresses fit my body but not my chest. Honestly, it’s hard to put into words about how depressed my own body was making me (I’m quite an outgoing individual). I cannot express this enough, if you are suffering in anyway physically or emotionally. Don’t wait like I did! The only reason I am happy I waited is because I am 100% pleased with the experience at the clinic I choose, Ruby’s Plastics in South Korea.

Consultation

I initially reached out to many clinics seeking a consultation when I finally made up my mind to have this surgery done. I honestly didn’t know what to expect…I was scared, excited, and yet a little self-conscious to talk about this topic that has been haunting me my entire life. I was shocked when greeted by Daysi, consultant at Ruby’s Plastics (via KakaoTalk Messenger) to talk about this surgery I have wanted for over 10 years now. She made me feel comfortable, relaxed, and validated. She was so informative, caring, and overall such a helping individual. I cannot thank her enough at this point.

My first look at Ruby’s Plastics I was stunned by how beautiful the interior was. Very quickly, I was taken into my private consultation room where I was fully accessed by Doctor Hu Jung Woo. Although, at this point, I was half undressed in a room with two people I had just met ^^; I honestly can say… I was oddly very comfortable thanks to the light atmosphere they created through conversation (Thank you ㅠㅠ).

When it comes to English translation, the translation was spot on and nothing was ever left out. (I have lived in Korea for almost 4 years now, so I was able to understand the Doctor, however given the circumstances and this being my first surgery ever, Daysi being there was a life-savor). The thing that was the most important to me was how honest my consultation was. Doctor Woo was very honest with me about my individual case and any possible negative outcome that could happen.

Actually from the time of my first consultation to my actual surgery was about 3 months because I wanted to make sure I had proper time off work and was financially in a position for this procedure. During this time, Daysi stayed in contact with me. She even occasionally messaged me to see if I was doing well. I felt zero pressure by the doctors or consultants; they really just want you to be happy and satisfied with yourself.

SURGERY

I suddenly was given time off of work and I contacted Daysi immediately. I put in my down payment and my surgery was booked in that same week! Ruby’s Plastics took several health checks to make sure I was healthy and able to be put under general anesthesia.

Surgery Day! I arrived to the clinic just before 11AM. At this time, Doctor Woo completed his final review, drawing markings on my body and making sure I had no last minute questions before the surgery. I was given my own private room, and the process began!

Right before the general anesthesia was given, the last thing I heard was Daysi saying, “You’re going to get sleepy, gradually.” I had a few dreams and then BANG! I woke up to Daysi saying, “You’re okay! It’s time to wake up now.” If you have never had general anesthesia, the best way I can explain it is like being super relaxed and drunk. But then oddly quickly sobering up. In my honest opinion, it really isn’t that bad. I would even say it is completely fine, but in my case I did lose my voice the next day. I am a TALKER so that really was unfortunate but ^^; my friends enjoyed the 24 hours worth of silence. LOL.

POST-SURGERY

Before I was allowed to go home, I had to be monitored by the clinic for about 3-4 hours after my surgery. After I was released from the clinic, I took a taxi to my house and proceeded with the post-surgery recovery routine. For the first two days, I had drains attached to both sides of my chest. I will admit this was probably the most uncomfortable part because I was terrified to accidently tug on the drains from moving.

Needless to say, after two days the drains were removed and I felt extremely more comfortable. The drain removal process was quick, but not much fun to say the least. For the first two weeks, every few days I was returning to the clinic to change the taping and the nurses were just ensuring I was doing okay! My stitches remained in for about two weeks, but in this time I felt very comfortable to move around and proceed with my daily life activities.

I did not see my chest while the stitches were still in, this was completely my choice but I just don’t do well with looking at those types of things. Before we fast forward to me getting my stitches removed, I would like to say the pain during this process was at a minimal. A few times a day, I would feel little sharp pains in my boobs, to my knowledge that was my nerves sort of re-activating. But it was nothing too strange and it was nothing that affected my day.

After two weeks, my stitches were removed. And I saw my boobs for the first time! The swelling was going down and the bruising was also looking better (from what the nurses said) I was completely happy with the size of my boobs and the results I saw this far. I was asked to change the taping on my boobs every few days. The nurses could tell I was a little uncomfortable doing this myself so they allowed me to come back to the clinic the first time so they could help me J (Thank you!). Changing the tape on the incisions became super easy. Within a week and a half, I noticed how quickly my chest was healing everyday.

One month post-surgery. I went from a DDD/DD to a B cup. I was told my boobs would constantly change throughout the year; the way they sit on my body, size due to swelling etc. One thing I asked about was the size of my nipples and how they would sit on my body, the surgeon told me he would match them to the size of my boobs. My only drawback so far has been the sizing of my areolas not matching entirely. I had asked about the ‘Freeman Cookie Cutter’ tool but did not stress it enough I suppose. In my knowledge of these surgeries, it seemed like a standard practice, however throughout the healing process it’s become apparent this tool wasn’t used. Through my lack of experience, I didn’t press on that specific procedure, but should have. With that being said, I am extremely happy with the size of my chest and the aftercare I received at Ruby Plastic Surgery.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message or comment below this thread!

• 1 month later...
Love your review, there havn't been many review of breast reduction, really appreciate it! I have also considered Ruby, since they are a more small clinic compared to factory clinics. I know the prices depends on the case, but what was your price in your case? It is mainly so i can get an idea of what i should expect if im going through with the procedure.

I appreciate you taking your time to read about my experience. Definitely, I know what you’re feeling if you’re even thinking about a breast reduction. 2.5 months into recovery now and feel like I got my life back. However to be honest, I’m not even sure what they would quote you for the breast reduction itself because I also got it combined with a nipple reduction, so those prices were kind of combined in a package deal! However if go to their website you can contact them via Kakao/what’s app super easily! That’s what I did! And they were really straight forward compared to other places I contacted!

from my experience!

I see, i know it is personal, but do you mind sharing B&A photos. And how risky would you rate the surgery?
I live in denmark and planning to travel to SK next year for 2 weeks. Do you think it is enough time to heal/remove stiches or should it be 3 weeks instead. And im planning to travel to other asian countries afterwards, what are your experience of healing and do normal stuff again with your body? + workout
Since im from abroad, i've also heard a lot of places overcharge/take advantage if you are not korean. What are your advices? Btw do you know eunogo, seoul guide medical ex, for service. Thanks again

Do you have an email? Honestly, I guess we all know every surgery is risky, but I didn’t expect any significant risks for my surgery. I got multiple check ups to make sure my body was healthy enough for surgery and I had zero stress, I was relieved and anxious. I would say two weeks are enough, however if you’re going traveling after definitely stay three weeks because you also will have to get your stitches removed which could take three weeks. It is true, most clinics will try to rip you off—from what I’ve seen. With that being said, you do pay for what you get. I looked up the surgeon at Ruby’s and his qualifications and experience is part of the reason I felt comfortable going there. Realistically koreans don’t get reductions often, so I really relied on research, my consultation, and my gut—which is why I chose Ruby. I haven’t heard of eunogo, but I’m not too much into plastic surgery’s. I got this to stop/fix my back problems and scoliosis. So this was my first surgery.

I felt great after day 1. After day 3, I felt 100% able to do any typical day things. I also had a really optimistic outlook and they said I recovered super quick. I started working out after 6 weeks mostly legs. Giving my upper body a break just to ensure I don’t put stress on the muscles. It feels healed to me completely, however I know it probably will take more time.

Yes my email is [email protected]
I see, since i have also considered to go to SK to get consultation and then decide, but it is difficult if you dont set a date before since you'll never know if you can get the surgery in time before you leave again. I generally dont have any back problem, but since im a petite person, the proportions looks weird and they look a little saggy. And i can see that my posture is being affected, since the balance is heavy in the front. I ofc dont know if the problem is my big boobs, but i just always wanted fitting smaller breast.
I was still unsure about getting a reduction, but got totally excited after your post :biggrin:
Thanks for very good respond, im planning on singapore, thailand, china, bali and japan afterwards. But ofc i dont want to go before the covid19 situation is under control.