BeautyHacker

What "procedures" do I need for a rhinoplasty? *pics included* and can i fix facial asymmetry?

Hi,

this is my first post here. I have been researching some PS clinics in south korea (i am korean), to do a primary rhinoplasty sometime this year. I do not know a lot about plastic surgery, but i am researching and thought it could also be helpful to ask some more experience people about what procedures i should/ shouldn't get done - i know this isn't a medical forum and if anything i am more so asking if you agree with my "flaws" - just so i have another POV. not so much asking, what specific type of surgery i should get. i just don't want to get scammed into getting this done or that done.

some points:
- i think i like the bridge of my nose? it seems straight with no humps and at a good angle (and also straight)... i dont like noses that are curved much at all. i think there may be a SMALL hump but i can't tell.. also i wear glasses and so it made imprints on my head-on- no-makeup pic... i dont think my nose bridge is as crooked as it looks in that pic but I'm not sure.

- my alars need to be reduced, that i know for sure.

- i have uneven nostrils, on the left side my nostril shows a lot more than my right side - especially/ mainly from the side profile view.

- my eyes look fine with false lashes on, due to the thick band giving me a double eyelid... i wonder if some type of eye surgery could significantly help when i DONT have makeup on? I've seen some before and afters, and i absolutely hate when they do the surgery and the crease is much higher than it should be/ there's like a puffy eyelid and an unnatural crease... but I've also seen some great natural creases.. basically if i can achieve the crease i get with false lashes in surgery, i would take it. (you can see natural vs makeup pics below).

- rhinoplasty aside, i have significant facial asymmetry. to the point where i only take pictures on one side, or head on. my left side (the side where my hair is parted) is just weird. i can't say what exactly is off though? maybe some of you can tell me what exactly is off about my face... my nostrils are uneven, my lips are also uneven (the left bottom part of my lip is significantly fatter than my right side, which is again obvious in a side by side comparison). i almost feel like my right cheekbone is less prominent than my left, hence why when i turn to the RIGHT my left cheekbone looks prominent, but when i turn to the left my right cheekbone is weak which is why i consider my left side my "bad side" from the profile angle. i can't tell if my actual jaw is uneven or not though?

- i can't tell if i have a wide jaw or not? when i smile, head on, there are "lines" on the side of my face, which is visible in the head on picture with makeup. i dont know what that is, if i can do anything about it, or if i even should. should i look into v line surgery? i feel like i have a narrow face, but sometimes when i look at myself head on with no makeup, i then think i have a wide jaw/ it could look more narrow. look at the picture head-on no makeup, the bottom corners of my jaw are bulging out - looks very wide/ bulky. not narrow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what areas does it look like i could improve in? i know for sure: rhinoplasty alars reduction, with uneven nostril (the left being more flared up/ just even than the right), i want the tip to be thinner and narrow. i will include some ideal nose looks. i dont know if that will suit my face, but just to give an idea.

jaw surgery for facial asymmetry? is that necessary? I've included several images WITHOUT makeup from various angles to show my true face. sorry i look so disheveled, been lazy. and then 2 pics with makeup, from my good angle (i like how my cheek bones look and even my nose in that side pic honestly), and then head on (you can see the lines around my face when i smile, uneven smile, uneven nostrils etc). and then i will include some MODEL images of the ideal nose i would like

. IMG_9207.jpg IMG_9206.jpg IMG_9205.jpg IMG_9202.jpg IMG_9187.jpg IMG_9199.jpg IMG_9186.jpg IMG_9210.jpg IMG_9209.PNG IMG_9127.jpg IMG_9126.jpg

Personally, I think you look very pretty. I did rhino and facial contouring, I like natural results.
I did my rhino very long time ago and didn't do much research about it, but I really like the proportion of your nose. Is reduced alar = smaller nose? If I were you I'd like the tip a little bit higher and that's about it.
I don't think your cheekbone is a problem. I don't think you should do anything about it (I did cheekbone surgery but my cheekbone is way bigger and way more prominent). I also don't think your jaw is big. Your face is already sooooo smalllllllllll. The no make up front face pic looks like the jaw is a little uneven, but it might be just the chewing muscle because you chew a lot on that side and not a bone problem? So yeah I don't think you need jaw surgery, even though MAYBE a vline surgery may even your jaw a little (if it's really uneven and is a bone problem) - but it will be just going from a 9 to a 10 and not worth such a big surgery I think. Not very necessary.
I have no experience with double eyelid surgery, but I think if you do it do it very gently. It seems like you already had double eyelid, just not very clear.

Hi I think just double eye lid surgery with possible ptosis correction, sometimes medial epicanthoplasty is recommended. Where are you located ? You don’t have to go to south Korea to get double eyelid surgery there’s plenty of great surgeons in the states

thank you for your kind words. i can't help but feel the sides of my jaw are bulgy? I've been comparing to other koreans/ asians and even celebrities (not saying i look like them AT ALL, but before and after plastic surgery and trying to see what differences they've made to improve their looks).

after some thinking, i definitely think a
nose job with alar reduction (nostril reduction if i recall correctly.
chin surgery/ implant - i can't believe i didn't notice but i definitely have a short / weak chin... very apparent in my profile and maaaaaybe that could help bring my face together/ make my sides look more slim?
if the chin implant won't bring my face together then possibly jaw reduction.

i think those 3 things should improve my look. obviously i will be consulting clinics after i research a lot more, but i just asked on here to see some different opinions as i feel like sometimes i am immune to my own flaws... like how it took me my whole life to finally see and realize i have a weak chin

Just real quick - I also don't believe any surgery is necessary here or really needed. You already look amazing. Your face is healthy-looking and full, a beautiful sign of youth. Of course, you are free to do as you see fit, but just a kind warning that cosmetic surgeries are generally best for big changes, and as they are pretty risky, they are often not really worth it a lot of the time when it comes to wanting a small improvement or something nit-picky. You're seriously stunning, and I don't easily think these things lol. If anything, yes perhaps your chin is weak, but imo, it aligns perfectly with your other soft features. Best of luck and whatever you do, please think lots and lots before any decisions, though I am sure you will! Take care!

Asymmetry:
You are correct. Your jaw is in a different orientation which is causing everything from cheekbones, lips, and nose to look asymmetrical. Your jaw isn't wide but it's definitely not narrow. The cause does not seem to be an overgrowth of the masseter muscle or buccal fat so surgery is the only option. Yes, V-line + jaw surgery is 100% worth checking out (It seems like you had lip fillers? Make sure you do the calculation with fillers off.).

Nose:
You do not need alar reduction. It's already in alignment with the corner of your eyes. Your nostrils are fine. This level of asymmetry is present in everyone. Your nose looks crooked because your face is crooked. If you want rhinoplasty, I recommend raising the nasal tip instead + jaw surgery. This is because your nasal tip is slightly low and this will also make your nose very straight while the jaw surgery ameliorates some asymmetry. Widening of the alar when smiling can be fixed with botox.

Chin augmentation:
No
. You are not a male. Having a slightly shorter chin is okay, rather it is the ideal. If you get implants, you will get a long face and make your forehead look small.

Conclusion:
Jaw surgery or/and v-line: Yes
Nasal tip: Optional
Nostril reduction/alar reduction: No
Eyes: Optional
Chin augmentation: No

Hi there you do look beautiful and attractive, there is always room for improvement.
My situation was a bit similar to you, but you do have a much better base to begin with.

Nose
  • Like your bridge
  • Uneven nostril (right side showing more)
  • wide alar base
Eyes
  • Perfect with Eye leashes/ make up on
  • potential improvement
Jaw
  • good smile
  • wonder if work need to be done

Suggestion (transform to the after photos you show)
  1. Check with orthognatic surgeon if you need facial bone surgery/ (e.g V-line, zygoma, jaw surgery and they will check your bite)
  2. Then you can check with Nose & eyes surgeon, or seperate ( think a good surgeon with open rhinoplasty will address all problem at once) you can tell the surgeon the eyes you like
  3. Now you should have a really good base
  4. do any soft tissue work/ volumeizer work if you feel like, the less the better
hope it helps :smile: