BeautyHacker

Real Regrettable VLine with Dr. Oh at Regen

please look at her real self, there are CT scans, you can see how much bone he sawed off her jawline and also the chin was projected and he cut it down flat which was against what she wanted, she said to not touch the chin and she liked it projected, he made his own choice when we are asleep and under anesthesia and he surprises you the next day when he shows you scans, just like he surprised me with a full v line when I only agreed to a mini v line.
We're both left with no facial structure, no chins, and pain and suffering. She couldn't go out for 2 years due to depression. now she finally spent thousnads of dollars to fix her face and I have to spend thousands tens or twenty or forty thousand. I need my life back and she just finally feels good.
please dont consider him. He's dangerous. Please please.

Thank you for sharing girl. I really hope you are able to find a solution to manage your concerns.

I did Vline in Korea too and I consulted several oral surgeons before I got mine. I saw many doctors because I firstly want to know how the doctor is, and also to really learn and understand about vline and different techniques doctors choose. Here is some insight I learnt, which may be relevant to understand your case.

Korean doctors have different techniques and they have their favourite ways of doing the surgery and they also have a pretty set beauty standard each of their own, although lots of them may tell you they can customize to feed your desire. Some of them like to promise a lot but check the following, if any of them doesn't align with your expectation, you should avoid.
1. find out the common outcome from looking at the before&afters of previous patients. (If they tend to have certain type of look, it is probably not because they ask for the same thing, it is more likely that the doctor just does the same thing for each person, through convincing or they just proceed anyways. )
2.ask for the techniques and whether they are logical or make sense to you. I personally found many couldn't give me a logical answer during consultations. And again, some of them just want to use whatever excuses to make you believe in his ways of doing things, so hopefully you are willing to agree with getting the same cut as previous patients.

Here are some slightly technical things I learnt.

1. To achieve a narrower front view, getting corticotomy maybe enough as it thins out the mandibular bones, This doesn't change the side view. 45 degree view may change.
A wide face can also relate to fat and muscle composition. Through x-ray scan, doctor can measure out the thickness of your fat, muscle and mandibular bone using their software, so they know what the real cause of a wide face. This is usually done in the very first appointment.

2. To achieve a lesser strong jawline from side view or 45 degree view, mandibular reduction maybe enough. To achieve a natural mandibular angle, some doctors may suggest leaving 2cm down from the ear. A more dramatic line is achieved with only leaving 1cm of the angle.

3. If you like your chin, you can ask for only getting mandibular reduction, which possibly includes corticotomy, and angle reduction. Some doctor may suggest you to shave the chin just a bit (considering you have a nice chin to begin with), because your chin may appear to be larger proportionally after narrowing the mandible bones. Again, this is depending on your doctor's aesthetic. If your doctor stand cutting your chin by 100%, you know he has the set cutting technique that is probably not going to be changed just because of you. If you believe you don't need to cut your chin, you have to go to another doctor, who is open with both ideas, cutting it or not. This usually happens with doctor using the long-curve cutting technique. Their cuttings start from the back and end at the front. T-osteotomy vline cutting is the opposite.

4. In regards to disproportional issues, some doctors may suggest more aggressive solutions than others. In this case, dig deeper and try your best to understand whether certain technique is necessary, or whether that technique can really be effective.

The medical system, perhaps plastic surgery medicine is quite different in Korea. It definitely takes time to understand what you need and decide on the one doctor who can really understand and give what you expect. Some doctors' views contradict with others, and this is an excellent way to gain some more insight to what they are doing. The most important thing is, you choose what you want, and don't accept what they want you to get.

Thanks for the insightful tips and your experience.

I think she is feeling much better now since getting some fillers and buccal fat removed but this takes some years to get better.

All of South Korean plastic surgeons are probably not bad but there are some really cruel ones like Dr. Oh who has one design for his patients and pretends he's listening but goes behind your back when you're asleeep under anethesia. he cut off her chin bone and my jaw bones, without our consent.

it's good we have this forum so we can see which big hospitals and doctors to avoid.