BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty experience at VG plastic surgery

Hey everyone!
I wanted to share my experience getting rhinoplasty at VG plastic surgery. I have sectioned it into 'before', 'during' and 'after' the procedure, to make it a little more manageable:smile:

I wanted to fix my bulbous nose tip, as well as tip that drooped when i smiled.

1. Before operation
Before i even decided on VG, i had online consultations with more than 15(!) different clinics. I had actually already decided on another one, but changed my mind when i found VG.
What changed my mind was how they concerned they were with the patients safety, that they have an in-house anesthesiologist, as well as the good looking rhinoplasty results. Also a huuuge plus was how they were NOT trying to scam me, by giving me an insanely high price! I know how much rhinoplasty usually is in Korea, and countless other clinics tried to get 2 or 3 timer the price out of me (be careful yall!).
My online consultation went very smoothly, and it just felt like the right choice immediately.

2. During
Consultation:
I had my consultation on the same day that i landed in Korea, and my surgery was scheduled for the next morning so excuse me if i am scrambling a bit, it all went by so quickly haha:
I was welcomed at the clinic by my english consultant, as well as the rest of the staff. Everyone was very nice and welcoming!
We went on to take my CT scans, and before photos, and then i had the consultation with Dr. Im. The consultation was thorough, and the doctor actually recommended also removing a slight hump on the side of my nose, along with my bulbous, droopy tip. I did not feel pressured to do anything more than i was comfortable with at any point, but i chose to fix the hump as well, since i had told him before that i was open to his suggestions!

One thing to know about the clinic is that it is really busy! Always bustling with patients, i'd guess 60-70% korean and the rest were from other parts of asia (I was the only caucasian i saw during my visits)

Surgery day:
I arrived to the clinic, and once again i was welcomed nicely. We went through all the safety procedures, and it was time for surgery! Before i went under anesthesia i felt very safe, being surrounded by nurses, my consultant, and the anesthesiologist.
Next thing i remember is lying in a bed, kind of feeling like i had been beaten up haha! Luckily i managed to tell a nurse that i was in pain, and they gave me some pain killers, and that was literally the only time i have felt pain since! As i was waking up from my anesthesia, my consultant sat and talked with me, and made sure that i was comfortable and had no questions!
When i was feeling well enough to go home, my consultant went to the pharmacy with me to buy my meds, and she even walked me home because i felt a bit unsafe being all alone right after surgery. This was completely free of charge, only because they really just have outstanding service.

3. After
I could already see how my nose-tip was smaller when i looked in the mirror on the night that i came home! I really did not expect this, since i had heard that tip-plasty was notorious for looking the same before/after.
My recovery days in Seoul are a bit of a blur, because everything went soo smoothly!
There was of course a little swelling and bruising, but both dr. Im and the consultant said that i really had a great and super fast recovery (thank god haha)
At every single follow-up i felt very well taken care of, and the nurses and staff were just the best.
My consultant even hooked me up with some coupons for a hair dresser, because i talked about wanting a haircut, and she walked me to the salon helped me with the appointment and all. I was really just shocked at how great the service is at the clinic!
The cast was taken off 7 days post-op, and i was soooo happy to the results! Even though it was swollen, i was already in love with my new nose! I know it sounds cliche and unrealistic, but i really could see a huge difference.
I got the final stitches removed on day 10(the same day i had to leave), and the clinic allowed me to leave my luggage there, until i had to catch my flight.
I almost felt sad to leave, since everyone at the clinic were so nice to me, and my consultant felt like a friend to me haha.

It has now been about 5 months since surgery, and everything has been healing really well! The majority of the swelling had already subsided after 1 month, but it is still falling into place more and more. I have not regretted getting it done, which was something i was afraid of before getting surgery.
I really think my new nose fits my face super well, and it actually just looks like a smaller version of my old nose (which is what i wanted). Overall just a really really great experience.
I hope this review was useful! I know it might sound over the top or something, but i swear it was really as good as i'm describing it:heart:

*Please excuse any spelling mistakes, english is not my first language!

The packing removal did not hurt on me at all, it was just very very relieving! Recovery is definitely more comfortable after packing removal. The only thing that hurt a bit was getting the inner stitches taken out, but that was just a pinching kind of pain. Luckily it was over quickly.

I think it changes a lot from person to person, and i know i have a high pain tolerance so maybe it was good for me.

I would definitely not let the 'pain' discourage you from getting rhinoplasty though. I have gotten other surgery before(non-ps), and rhinoplasty is by far the most comfortable.

Good luck! :heart:

Wow, I see! Thanks for the reply. I am excited for my surgery now x)

I'm glad it went smoothly for you...that's true that everyone is different. Hopefully, COVID ends soon so that I can travel again for my surgery!

• 2 weeks later...