BeautyHacker

Caucasian Rhinoplasty + Fillers in Seoul (JK Plastic Surgery)

Hi everyone,

2 weeks ago I got a rhinoplasty (osteotomy + tip plasty) at JK Plastic Surgery in Seoul.
My face is still swollen, but so far I am happy with results.

I made a special account to document the recovery process if you’d like to see more photos you can find me at @dream.nose on Instagram.

These photos are from day 10 and day 17.

About my old nose:
I had a hump, the nose bridge was crooked, and the tip was a bit too bulky.

How I chose the clinic:
I actually live in Seoul, so I had plenty of time for the research. How hard could it be to find a rhinoplasty surgeon in Korea? Well, not hard at all, if you are just looking for a surgeon, any surgeon. There are plenty of skillful doctors and reputable clinics.

But! Here’s the catch: Korea is a mono-ethnic country. Even if you go to a top local clinic, there is a very high chance that the only experience they have is with Asian rhinoplasty.

Asian rhinoplasty usually involves making the nose less flat or creating a higher nose bridge, which is kind of the opposite of what I wanted.

I was looking for:
• a doctor who is familiar with Caucasian rhinoplasty
• surgery results (before/after pictures) that I actually like
• zero accident record

That narrowed my search to… 2 clinics (yes, only 2). One of them was JK.

My friend used to work in JK, and she personally knew someone who got their nose done by Dr. Kim, and the results were great. I checked the before/after gallery on their website and found not only one, but a few examples of what I would call a successful transformation.

And, later, when I came in for the consultation, I learned that they the first and only plastic surgery center holding a special accreditation for serving foreign patients from the Ministry of Health and Welfare.

That sealed the deal for me.

Before the surgery:
I had an online consultation first, nothing much to say about it: I sent in my photos and they got back to me with a price quote and a few recommendations for other procedures (I wasn’t only asking about it). It was quick and efficient, I would usually get a reply the same day.

Then I had an in-person consultation with a doctor and coordinators. It took about an hour and we talked about the surgery and my expectations. It was my first plastic surgery, and I was a bit scared (actually, terrified), so I decided to do just the rhino and some “tweakments”: lip filler (1 cc) and chin filler (1 cc). We didn’t do any fancy computer modeling and such, so I can’t comment on that. This was not my first consultation, and I have played enough with the photo editing apps, so I didn’t even ask about it.

My next visit was about 10 days prior to the surgery - to get the blood work and other tests done. The tests took about 10 min, and I spent another 40 min with my coordinator going over the surgery and recovery process and clinic-patient agreements.

The surgery day:
Like I said, I live in Seoul, and I didn’t really have to prepare anything. I just grabbed my bag and went to the clinic. My coordinator texted me the day before to remind me about pre-surgery precautions. It was a nice touch, and much needed because I was worried I would do something wrong.

The clinic itself doesn’t have the hospital feel, it feels more like a boutique hotel. It wasn’t until I was on the surgery floor that I realized THIS IS HAPPENING. And then the anesthesia kicked in.

The first night:
The first night was miserable. I realized that water and air are highly underrated. I was thirsty, but couldn’t really drink, couldn’t breathe, couldn’t sleep… Thankfully, my nurse was an angel and supplied me with a new ice pack every hour.

I got the tampons removed in the morning right before going home, and once they were gone everything got much better.

Recovery:
On Day 1 I was a bit drowsy from all the meds, but I could breathe, I could eat, and I was feeling fine. I even went for a walk in the evening. The swelling and the bruises were there in all the glory, and I tried to have ice packs on my face at all times. I did not feel any pain and started to work from home on Day 4.

On Day 7 I went to the clinic again to get the cast removed. I didn’t really the nose when I saw it, but I knew it’s kind like the first draft, and it will be changing. The doctor assured me that the bridge and the tip are still severely swollen, and everything will be different, and it’s true to this day. I feel like I wake up with a new nose every day.

On Day 11 I went back to the office, and pretty much got back to my usual routines.

It’s Day 18 now. I like my nose way more than when I first saw it, and I’m excited to see how it’s going to turn out. My biggest inconvenience now is that I can’t exercise and can’t wear sunglasses, but that’s part of the process.

Fillers:
When it comes to the fillers, I think no one would ever notice any changes except for myself. But I know there is a difference, and it’s good enough for me.

The chin filler turned out great and helped to correct the slight asymmetry that I had.

Lip filler… I am not quite sure about it. I didn’t pay too much attention to it at first because I knew my lips are affected by the nose. But it’s been more than 2 weeks now, and there are still some weird lumps that I thought would be gone by now. I have already asked the clinic about it and will get them checked in person next week when I come for my monthly check-up.

----
That’s about it for now. I’ll try to update the post with newer photos later if I don’t forget.

Overall, I am very happy with my decision. I wanted a change, I have been thinking about it for a very long time, and even though not everything is perfect, I am glad I finally went for it.

If you have any questions, please let me know!