BeautyHacker

Experience with jaw muscle reduction

Based on what I researched there is no way to really surgically remove the jaw masseter muscle. The max is around 1 year of its inactivation and thereafter it would probably be activated again. I don't think it's possible to surgically remove the masseter muscle completely due to its various functions in chewing, facial expressions, etc.

Thanks for your reply.
I meant to surgically reduce it -- not remove it completely. Yeah can't imagine it would be a good idea to remove it completely lol. :shocked:

• 2 weeks later...
I think its possible to surgically reduce it, but I have no idea what the procedure looks like. What happens if the muscle is already quite atrophied from Botox? Let me know if you find more info, would love to read up on this too :smile:

Also yeah the jaw muscle reduction, I watched a video on Youtube by a korean youtuber and she talked about getting the procedure done. She said the effects only lasted her about a year... It's this video if you're interested:-

Thanks for your posts! Someone told me that their muscles already reduced just from jaw surgery. Maybe if you've had botox already, they could remove a little less?? Or wait until the muscles grow back before undergoing the procedure? Not sure. :sad: As far as how permanent the results are, I heard that it depends on the surgeon's technique? But like, what if they remove too much and you're permanently disabled? Gee. :-s

If I find more info, I'll be sure to post it here. And I hope you can keep me updated, too. xD

I also wonder if there are other ways to reduce masseter muscles besides Botox. Mine are really big, so when I got Botox my face significantly changed. My cosmetologist says that it will take 3-4 sessions in total to get rid of them forever, that each time they will be getting smaller and will atrophy at the end. But I haven’t read anything like it anywhere else. Everyone says that they have to get injections constantly to maintain the result. So what’s the truth?

My doctor told me that during the jaw surgery/vline surgery, the jaw muscle is in the affected area so that's why it's reduced a little.

Thanks! I will!

I injected Botox to my masseter muscles over a few years, starting from 2018 in Malaysia, I think. I grind my teeth at night, so it made a difference for me too. Over the years, I noticed that the duration between injections get longer and the amount of Botox required to be injected gets lesser. I also tried to make other changes in my lifestyle to prevent teeth grinding at night, such as reducing my stress levels. At this point now when I clench my jaw, and touch my lower cheek, I don't feel the muscle pop up anymore, so I consider this to be "atrophied".

• 2 weeks later...
Considering the risks, I would say Botox is a much cheaper and safer option.

Hey!

I’m actually consider getting this done in US. I have already consulted a few places. I have heard that it MIGHT give permanent results.