BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there everyone... Wanted to know - why does it seem like a lot of people are traveling abroad to have their Plastic surgery done?

There are a lot of plastic surgeons here in the USA that specialize in eyelid surgery and calf surgery?

If it must be an "Asian" specialty - why not travel to Hawaii? With their population being majority asian - wouldn't the surgeons there do a really great job as well?? Plus, you'd be vacationing in Hawaii!! :nuts:

Just shooting this out there... Just trying to understand why travel abroad when we have great surgeons here in the USA? :biggrin: Thanks for your insight!! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone, I'm planning to go to Korea in January for eyelid surgery at BK Clinic. I was wondering if anyone's been there recently and had their eyelids done. I'd love to hear your reviews and see some pics!

Thanks a bunch!

hey toronto_m, how did your revision at BK go? I'm going there in January to get eyelid surgery and I'd like to hear your experience

Thanks!

Its probably cheaper to do eyelids surgeries in Asia, than in Europe or States.

A pal of mine inquired on the charges to do double eyelids in Paris, where she stayed, and was quoted EUR8,000, while it cost about than SGD5,000 (about EUR2,600) to do the surgery in Singapore (inclusive of airfares and cost of surgery)

Hi, girls.
I just happened upon this thread. I find it an interesting topic as I have many Asian friends who have discussed it with me before and I have heard about it on news stories.
As a caucasian woman, it is hard for me to judge the feelings some of you, as Asian women, may have about the look of your facial features.

However, I would just like to say that I think Asian women are beautiful just as they are. Your eye shape is exotic and unique and adds a certain mystique to your appearance. Some of my most beautiful friends are Asian women!

I am deciding between Dr. Kim at BK and Dr. Park at OZ for fixing my left double eyelid to match my bigger right one and I'd be really interested in before/after photos that people have, and what experience they had with either of them.
Has anyone done something like this-- do they have to do surgery on both even though the right one is fine? Does the magic epicanthoplasty really not leave a scar? What is the real recovery time in terms of swelling (and having it be obvious that I had surgery!)? I heard Dr. Kim comes to Shanghai, does anyone have experience with surgery there vs Korea? I live in Shanghai.
Lots of questions... thanks!

Hey Carissa, I am also going to Oz around that time. Feel free to contact me [email protected]

Hi ladies,

New here. Considering double eyelid surgery sometime within the next year. There's a lot of talk on the boards about Korean surgeons... I'm thinking about this option, but can anyone break down the costs for me? Is it actually cheaper to get it done in Korea even including airfare? And how long do you need to stay in Korea for? My other question is, can anyone rec a good double eyelid surgeon in Texas? What are the costs for the surgery in the US by comparison to getting it done in Asia?

Thanks ladies :smile:

I don't understand why someone would want this eyelid surgery. Asian eyes are gorgeous! My sis has asian-type eyes (since she's english, blond & blue eyed, we have no idea where they've come from genetically speaking) - and they are her most striking feature.

As far as the calf surgery - don't people realize that 1) this is a dangerous surgery and 2) most of the rest of the world has to excercise like crazy to build their calves up so they don't get a mono-leg look!