BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Was wondering if anybody has had good eyelid surgery from a doctor in the U.S., preferably in Texas. I have multiple creases on both eyelids but they are asymmetrical so it's been very frustrating for me my whole life. I am definitely interested in getting surgery, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi does anyone know any procedure that elongates the eye if they are abit round? is it medial canthoplasty or something??
im planning to visi BK clinic this december is anyone else going around this time?
please message me so we can chat
many thanks! xx

I think you're referring to LATERAL epicathoplasty....which supposedly elongates the eyes (along the outer edges....kind of like cat eyes)....but I've heard that the actual results with lateral epi are barely noticeable and that procedure may not be worth the risk/cost.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! I am considering going to korea to do my double eyelid surgery, but apparently my parents are advising me to do in singapore instead (because they believe if there is any complications you still can go back for help etc ...) So i m just wondering which country is better to do the surgery at. I dont want to have ugly double eyelids :sad:

Thanks in advance! :smile:

hey sweetdreamsv,

I think korea would be best to undergo the surgery since so many surgeons there are quite experience performing many surgeries on celebs and stuff plus there is moreinfo on the net about korean clinics e.g. feedback, where not to go/where to go.

When are you planning to travel?

I don't know about Texas, but if you're willing to travel to NYC, the best Korean doctor for Asian double-eyelid surgery here is Dr. Eric Choe (Chae In is his Korean name). A lot of gals on Soompi (a Korean-American/Asian-American forum) went to him.....which was actually how I first found out about Dr. Choe......you can read all about it on Soompi (there are hundreds of posts on that). Anyway, I went to him for both blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty (separate times).....and while I'm not entirely satisfied with my rhino results (IDK, maybe it's just my nose tip to start with, my family/friends say it looks fine but I still don't think my tip looks natural), I am 110% pleased with my bleph outcome.....I seriously don't think it could've come out any better if done elsewhere.....looks totally natural (I had full incision, tapered cut)......when I consulted other plastic surgeons for my rhino appointment :heart: months post-bleph, they were surprised to hear that my eyes were done.....anyway, maybe, just maybe, I should've insisted on getting epi, but Dr. Choe felt strongly that I didn't need it and that the risks outweighed the pros in my case, so I guess one can't aim for absolute "perfection" with p.s.

Hey,

Anyone interested in sharing accomodation, sightseeing, shopping together during Feb? I've got a few clinics we could look into and we can get discounts if we go together. Please give me your email so i can contact you. It would be good to have a buddy over there so we could look out for each other =]

Hey guys,

I used to post on Soompi but the double eyelid thread is too crowded and no one ever answers my questions!

Just wondering if any of you have had the stitching method done and has it come undone? Or do you know of someone who has had it done only for it to come undone later in life?

I'm also planning to get epi, so any success stories on this? I'm half Asian, half white and most Eurasians I know still have the fold so I'm not sure about risking scarring to get rid of it ...

^hey i'm the original poster on the soompi site for that thread. sorry your questions aren't getting answered! i kind of stopped going to that thread because there are just too many people asking questions and im in school (sorry!)

well i got the stitching method and epi and its been over 3 years and it looks exactly the same. it's pretty rare for the stitching to come undone and if you're worried you can talk to your doctor and he might offer to do a revision for free

Hey monstar!

You're the original poster? Wow, that's incredible. And hey, please don't apologise ha, it's not like I expected the original poster to hang around for years answering everyone's questions :P

Thanks for your input, that's encouraging. I was thinking of going for the three point method; I've heard it has little - no chance of coming undone/scarring. I saw a video on YouTube by a Japanese surgeon, results looked quite cool. What do you think? In terms of your epi ... is there a scar now, or how long did it take to fade? Also, did anyone notice or comment about you looking different? If so, how did you deal with that?

Sorry to bombard you with questions :biggrin: - I've just got back into education after taking two years out due to family stress ... school's a lot tougher than I remembered so I understand where you're coming from!

Hi, I'm most likely to go in April because I have school. What about you, why did you decide to have it in February?

Hi, Im going in Feb coz my work allows me to take 4weeks off during that time since its low season for mushrooms and we dont get that busy.