BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunnykil,

I hope I don't come across as having a go or anything :smile:

Just wanted to say that "monolids" are actually not a racial trait. People of all races have them. Yes, they're more prevalent in Asians, however it would have to be pretty much exclusive to make it an "Asian trait", which it is not. The epicanthal fold however (which many girls also opt to get rid of) can be considered an Asian trait, due to the fact that around almost 100% of Asians have them, and very, VERY few people of other races do unless they have Down Syndrome. This is why epicanthoplasty is sometimes referred to as "Westernisation".

Dr Meronk's website has loads of statistics on just how many Asians have doubles naturally, and you'll be surprised by how high the numbers are! I think only Japan and Korea have a very small incidence of natural doubles.

The stereotyping that Asians all have monolids is one that is fuelled by Western society so please don't get drawn in by it! For example, I'm mixed. My mum (South/East Asian Taiwanese) has HUGE eyes. She has big doubles. My dad, 100% white European (German and English) actually has in-folds (what appear to be monolids but are actually small eyelids tucked under a layer of skin). I've inherited my dad's eyes, but most whites instantly go, "You must look more like your mum!" because 1) they stereotype monolids and in-folds to be Asian and 2) whites tend to just home in on Asian-looking eyes and ignore the rest of the features.

On a side-note, has anyone had any experience with Dr. Chuang (WiSH Clinic)? I'm pretty set on going to him as I will be in Taipei visiting family this summer, however I e-mailed him 3 weeks ago and he hasn't replied?

Sorry for the lengthy post guys!

Hi!

I'm visiting Seoul from March 12-20 for eye surgery at OZ. I was also considering Banobagi, Bandai and Jelim. Has anyone had any experience with those? I'm definitely leaning towards OZ since I heard such good things about Dr. Park and was looking to coordinate with a group/partner so recovery won't be alone, and share costs for hotels.

Anybody else going this time? (It's my spring break vacation from school) I'm thinking for myself: magic epicanthoplasty and double eyelid... possibly nostril reduction? Please let me know, as I want to book tickets soon to save money..... ;) I'm also posting this on Soompi in hopes of other people that might be interested. The more the merrier! I'm kind of scared to go it alone.... :nuts:

Hooverville thanks for clearing that up for me.
But I'm not just thinking about monolid eyes, but just small Asian eyes. Sometimes I find it hard to tell if the person really is East Asian or mixed or even white because of too much surgery...But that's just my personal opinion, and for me surgery is something I would never do..

I hope it didn't come across as overbearing :smile:

And I see, no I actually agree with you. I find if East Asians make drastic changes to their face and eyes that yes, they do start to lose their ethnic features which is not right in my personal opinion. I don't think just getting standard double eyelid surgery does that, but there are other surgical procedures performed on eyes that does moreso. I think it's questionable as to whether Asians should or should not get epicanthoplasty, as yes, this is a non-Asian trait. But I don't for a minute believe that they do it to look "less Asian", which is the only reason where it would become an issue for me.

I think prime example of an Asian who has had WAY too much surgery and has washed out her ethnicity is Dawn Yang. Don't know if you've heard of her? She's a semi-famous Chinese Singaporean. She did it deliberately though because she later tried to claim to that she was "mixed".

Hi Bokchoy...Im going to seoul from march.8-mar.24...I've decided on dr Jung for my rhinoplasty. My email address is [email protected]

Hi LuvGucci!

I just sent you an email message with the details about my trip and if you'd consider partnering up to help in the recovery process. I'm really scared, but my plane ticket and nonrefundable. haha. Can't wait to hear back from you.
Forgive me for being so excited, this is the first response to my original post?

Aren't there any other gals going to Seoul for eyelid or nose surgery in the March 12-March 20 time frame?

Hi Jang, I will be going to Seoul in march to see Dr Kim at BK clinic.

I was wonder if you can help me?

I wear cosmetic tape every morning to create a fold because I was born without one. I was wondering if I have to stop wearing this to prepare for my surgery as I dont want to affect the outcome.

Please help!

Thanks,

Luvgucci

I don't think that will affect your outcome in any way since it's not a permanent fold that you created with the tape. If anything it would serve as some kind of indicator/idea to the doctor how you want your crease (height, width, type, etc).

Hi LuvGucci,

I just sent you 2 email messages about our trip im march. About the tape, I also heard you should stop wearing the eyelid tape/glue as well before your surgery. It helps return your eye to your natural form so that the surgeon can work with the natural state.

Hi guys, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone has done their double eyelid surgery in singapore? I'm plannin to do it locally as it is more convenient and comfortable to be able to rest at hme..

Hello guys,

I'm thinking of getting a double eyelid surgery in korea. I was born with single eyelid and am lacking of confidence with my current eyes :sad:

I've consulted via email with dr Park from OZClinic and also dr Kim from BK Clinic. I've recieved reply from both doctor and I have to say that dr Park's reply won me over.

I do not want to judge a doctor from the way they reply an email, so I'd like to hear your opinion about both doctor, if you have to choose between dr Park(OZ) and dr.Kim(BK), which/who would you choose and why.

Can someone recommend reputable a doctor for an double eyelid surgery and epi in singapore? Because it would be closer and much more convenient for me as I don't live too far away from singapore ( around 1 1/2hr flight and ticket is not too expensive)

Has anyone here done a partial incision double eyelid surgery? Is it reversible?
I'd really want a non incision method, but I heard that it result is not permanent :sad:

Sorry if I asked too much :sad:

Thank you