BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

Yup. My whole family is, I was going to bring my mom though bc Im not 100% fluent. But when they told me if I bring a guider, they would charge me $500 more, that completely threw me off. I still dont understand why they would have to pay my own translator which ultimately comes out of my pocket. I guess I'll just go alone.

This is all costing way too much money :sad:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! So lucky of you. Yea, that is how it works. The translator whom you hired will get commission from both you and the clinic. Since you are a Korean, it is justifiable for you to bring your relative along. Just tell them that is your mom and they shouldn't be charging extra :smile:

Wow, i had nooooo idea.... About the whole translator thing. Thanks for explaining :smile:

i have double eyelids, but i have excess skin that droops over it when i have a neutral expression. i have to consciously pull my forehead a bit to elevate the hood and look less sleepy.

has anyone considered a brow lift instead of blepharoplasty? i was hoping for a way to raise the skin above my eyes but not the brow itself

Kain! nice to see you on this topic too lol My right eye sounds just like yours, hopefully i'll get some more advice when I get to korea.

hiya maybe you can ask a surgeon for me XD

i really wish i could make my eyes less droopy but i don't want to raise my brow if i get a brow lift, and i can't get blepharoplasty because it takes months to heal and i will have to go for interviews to land co-op/internship jobs frequently over my undergraduate degree (and also work at those jobs after i land them) argh i don't have much choice. i just hope its possible to do a brow lift that doesn't raise the brow. :S

you can look into browproxy

hey has anyone had or heard of what eyelid surgery at shimmian with dr jung is like?
as they recommended me to do eyes and nose at the same time, i know he is famous for rhinoplastys but what about the eyes?
thanks girls xx

i heard he's not even a board certified plastic surgeon

http://www.nose.co.kr/english/main/main.asp
if you click
shimmian > introduction

it has a list of certifications. he is a member of one of the many korean plastic surgery boards, and one of the many american plastic surgery boards.
membership to one of these boards really doesn't mean anything for most surgeons, except that they pay an annual membership fee. so its pretty meaningless when a surgeon goes out of his way to get membership under 5 different boards. but dr jung is apparently a vice chairman for the korean board, which would entail more effort than buying more membership passes.

he has also written textbooks about rhinoplasty and given demonstrations to other surgeons

i think he is qualified as a surgeon

@britgal
its possible that it is the other surgeon at the clinic who does blepharoplasties. you should ask them to make sure its dr jung