BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

Hi guys! I'm new.

I've read a lotttttttttt of forums and there were so many bad reviews regarding BK clinic. But I realised most of the post were all back in 2006-2009. So I need the latest update about the reviews of BK clinic.

I'm going to Seoul in Sep - Oct. Tickets already booked. In fact, I've already made my reservation with BK clinic for Eyelid, Scar and Nose. But I see how many people are not happy with their nose at Bk this kinda freaks me out. And I've seen Dr Jung's work and they're pretty amazing.

I need opinions from people who have been through or know someone that had their nose done by Dr Kim/Dr Jung.

Also, anyone knows anything about scar revision?

And honestly, I know there were so many people complaining about the aftercare in BK clinic. I have experienced the same thing but not in BK clinic. I had fat grafting done in my right cheek at Singapore General Hospital because I used to have sunken in right cheek due to the scar. And when I finished my procedure, I was ushered out immediately, the same thing that BK would treat the patients. I also had done a few laser sessions to lighten the scar and the same thing, I was ushered out immediately. No aftercare from the doctor unless you asked him personally, and also you will never get to see the doctor after your procedures.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Banobagi is that great in revisions. I sent them photos of my eyes & asked for epicanthoplasty revision and they told me that they could not help me. Though it is a hard procedure, I was really shocked to hear that they could not fix it. I've seen local clinics in Korea where they fixed it really well. So I guess I'll have to do my share of going around for consultations.

If anyone is planning on going this winter( after christmas) please let me know!!

My sister got her eyes done @ BK clinic with Dr. Hong.

I have to say he did a great job. He's 'conservative' and won't recommend you surgeries that he doesn't think you need. For example, the consultant told my sister to get epi, but Dr. Hong likes a more natural look and he was against epi for my sister. She did the DST method and her eyes are gorgeous now. PM and I'll see if I can get some photos for you.

Also, for rhino (I'm not sure about BK), but I got my nose done @ banobagi and I"m very pleased. I also got my eyes done at banobagi and can't recommend Dr. Park enough. PM me for photos.

BK clinic (according to my sister/mother) had great after care. My family does know the doctor's wife through a connection though. I'm not sure if that was known or not. Anyway, hope this helps.

PS- My mom did scar revision at BK clinic and she's quite happy with her results. She's back in the states, so I haven't seen the scar lately, but when she was in Korea you could tell the Doctor was meticulous.

I think a lot of the bad reviews come from Dr. Kim. I can only recommend Dr. Hong based on personal experience. I ended up at banobagi because I thought the before/after pictures at banobagi (for noses) were closer to my aesthetic than BK's before/after.

Hi everyone,
I am going to Korea at the end of July and wondering if anyone plans to go there at the same time? I would really love a company to support each other during the recovery period. I haven't booked my tickets yet and am flexible with dates as long as they are around the middle/end of July or early August. Please contact me if you would like to have a company to share a hotel room and other stuff or just to go shopping with...My email is xxxx

Hey hun thanks for the reply!

I can't PM you as I'm still new here. Maybe you can drop me an email? xxxx

If you're using an iphone, and you have kik, you can add me at betterxday.

I've seen some of the photos on BK website itself and I have to say they do look good. But there's barely any photos of people here who've done it. Most probably I'll stick to BK. Even though my surgery is gonna be in September it feels as if its next week!

Can I know when did your mom and sister went to BK? Cause apparently, people who complained about their aftercare services are all from 2007-2009. So probably over these few years their services got better, who knows? Haha

I've actually meet Dr Kim Byung Gun in person and he told me he's gonna reduce my scar by 50%. I've a scar which is like 5cm long on my right cheek :cry::crybaby:

I really hope everything gonna be alright.

And can I also know what did you do to your nose? I wanna get an implant and tip plasty but idk which material is the safest. I've came across people mentioning getting goretex and then having their nose shrinked by 40% over the time. And then some people switch to goretex from silicone.

Really? That's surprise me because I did the same and they told me that they can do the revision and the epic and lateral canoth. is optional for me. She said I don't need it. Anyway they have a new doctor there at Banobagi that does only eye revision and his name is Dr. Joung. He's new. He's there around 2 years. I hear some people said the admin is mean and can be really nasty and ugly. She answer all the phone call and emails. If you can get pass her then you in good hands. I hear she doesn't like foreigner and that she pretend not to understand English. If you call, asked for the Manager.

So far, lots of people like the revision there. The before and after pictures look really good there too. I planned to go there this Fall for the Eye revision and nostril base reduction. But now I found Dr. Kenneth Kim from California and I will have a web cam consultation with him and see what he say but the prices are the same as those in Korea. So I might end up doing surgery in U.S instead of international. It's more easy to go back and forth and the flight is alot cheaper since the surgery price is the same.

Thanks for the info, but i guess it doesnt really matter if banobagi has a doctor who specializes in revisions or not. (to me) He obviously isnt skilled in epi revisions as they cant operate on my eye. Teuimps also said they couldnt. Bk said they could and many many local clinics can, and they do them really well. So im excited to go to korea, i just really hope this can be my last surgry -_- sigh.

I would say, i have encounter no aftercare at all in BK. After the surgery, the stitches was removed by the nurse, for my case, 7th day after surgery.

Did not even saw Dr kim face at all. This is the bad part i am totally not happy about it because we were charge so high and yet no further review. Although i am very much satisfied with my eye now, but there are always the bad side i would like to highlight on. Hope they can improved. But i doubt :sad:

Sorry I can't remember if you e-mailed me again?

I accidentally deleted some e-mails on my phone.

I think you asked when my sister/mother went to BK.
THey went this May.

I'm surprise that Banobagi can't because their before and after pics are awesome for the double eyelids and the revision. I hear that Dream Clinic is good too but they don't have a English website.

PHP:
They probably dont specialize in epi revisions. I heard it is really really hard to do. So they were just being honest with me, which i appreciate. :smile:

Hi xvx666, how long will you be staying at Seoul for your surgery?
I'm planning to travel to Seoul at the early or Mid of Sept till early Oct
for my eyelid surgery and possible mandible reduction but not at BK.

Anyone heading Seoul around Sept as well??
Wanna be traveling buddies and look out for each other and going for
consultation together as well perhaps? :smile: