BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

@britgal

I'm getting mine done this Friday at banobagi. Are you in Korea? I'll post a report once I go through surgery.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Single_double,

Can you share with me your before/after photo? I plan to do epi but not sure whether my eyes suitable or not? I can email to you my photo and pls give me your advice.

xxxx Thanks

what doctor at what clincs are the best in doing eyelid revision??? My case is really bad. I am hoping to have my eyes with less pleats. This causasian doctor don't know what the hell he is doing. Cut me up all over the place and stitched me super tight to over 2" outside the lateral of my eyes. I have 2 super huge stitch mark and smaller stitch marks, divots, dents , lumpy creases with something that look like tiny warts. i read that is from his stitching technque caused those bumps. My situation is really bad. I am going descibing my mutilated eyes partially. I want to find a korean doctor that have lots of revision eyelid surgery. Price is not the problem right now. My eyes need some improvement cuz even asian people over 100 years don't have my super wrinkle (pleated eyelids) eyelids. If anyone want to see , I will post the photo. Otherwise I won't. Don't want to scare anyone. I live my life during the day wearing dark sunglasses.

I have replied you via email :smile:

Hi Jenny2009,If you don't mind, just show your eyes portion. I think some of the member here will help you. They will recommend you to the best doctor.

jenny2009, I heard that Bandoeye specializes in revisions. I haven't heard much about first time procedures though on him, but everyone in the posts that I've read say he's great. but there is one post that says that the local koreans have mixed reviews on the clinic. I also heard that dream and banobagi are great

Has anyone ever done partial/ mini incision in Seoul before? Would like to hear more of your experience like how the effect was after 7 days, and exactly what kind of mini incision is it? Is it 3 small cuts or 1 small cut in the middle? Was there any fat removed? Which doctor did it for you, etc...? Thanks!!

Hola, hotmama! How is ur nose now after the bump removal? I just came back from backpacking and there is so much to read up esp on the nose forum. Am replying ur post here since it is re eyes. A Japanese surgeon has confirmed to me dat canthoplasty will normally shrink back 1mm. So if yours can only open 1mm, no point doing it lol..

im in exactly the same situational right now :sad:
planing to go korea in oct, nov or dec but dont know which clinic to choose

After reading all the posts and I wanted to add something. I had my eyes done a year ago in mok-dong south Korea. It was the DST method and it cost me $550 USD. My surgeon first used the laser to remove a little fat on the eyes and used the double suture method to lift the eyes. I didn't go to apgujungdong because they charge so much and the results can be mixed. It shocks me how much some of you paid. I think the surgeries costs more in apgujungdong because it's supposed to be the Beverly Hills of Korea. But I heard that if you get any other procedures done (like a nose job) they throw the eye surgery in for free.
I speak Korean fluently so I guess that helped. The best places to go is where a lot of ajumas go. I guess i am one too since I have two children. I had the surgery done because after you gain weight ( having two kids ) and lose it, your eyes starts to droop. (it happened to me) I still look like myself but more awake and not tired. Eye surgeries are such a common thing in Korea so most doctors are great at it. If I can give any advice on this matter, don't go for the hype of nice offices, you are paying for that. I don't have the doctors info but if anyone is traveling to Korea this year for their surgery I can get it for you. They do not speak English but if your Korean and have family there I am sure they can translate for you. One interesting note, the doctor plays Celine Dion while he performs the surgery. He will also ask you if you want anything else done, just say no. They all ask that question. I think if you have average Asian eyes DST method is the best because the recovery time is fast and you will still look like yourself. I have seen really bad eye jobs in korea and almost all of them were the cut version. And after some years the upper eyelid will start to hollow out and make you look old. Good luck.

Pm me your email if want photos. I will email it to you.

Ps the consultation is in name only. When I went for my consult I ended up getting it the same day. It is always free for the consult. Go early in the morning if you want it done the same day.

Most clinics should have english interpreter. And the area where most of the clinics are located is at gangnam.

Probably you have to prepare faith and take it with you. I believe it is very important to have trust and faith in the surgeon you choose ^^

PS: IM NEW HERE :biggrin: