BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

i used charles lee and it was excellent. life changing (for the better). imo he's expensive but very experienced. to me it was worth spending more for maximizing the probability of a good result. best of luck!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people get revisions because they had a bad result or didnt like the result. perhaps the results were not symmetric or perhaps the lid doesnt close fully or perhaps the results were not dramatic enough. there can be a number of reasons for dissatisfaction stemming from a problem in the surgery to unrealistic expectations of the patient. if you are planning to get the surgery, definitely education yourself about the risks.

i recommend seeing charles lee in LA. i had him for my surgery and am very pleased. he was also recommended by dr. flowers who has retired as "the real deal." best of luck!

Hi Gal i'm from singapore too.. i'm 23 but working.. i'm also very interested to go oz clinic to do double eyelid plus magic epi.. i might even consider doin my nose .. since i go till to korea..

Hello everyone!
I recently came across this thread and decided to become member here in order to get involved in the subject. I have decided to do double eyelid surgery and nose as well and I am thinking of OZ clinic in Seoul. Here in Sweden, where I´m from, they haven´t that much experience in these kind of operations.
I´ve seen a few of you are going soon, now in august and staying at Young Dong hotel. I´m checking into the possibility of getting it done around that time as well. I´d be really interested in meeting anyone who is doing the same thing. Or at least perhaps stay in touch in some way, cause it is a big surgery and it would be nice to have someome to talk to.
Haejin2000, Aries4, chillYbean...you´re all welcome to email me at [email protected]

Yeah, I'm thinking around that time as well. Out of curiosity, what has made you pick BK clinic? ;) How do I PM?

Oz Clinic, Dr. Park, Review.

This post is about my experience with Dr. Park at Oz Clinic in Seoul, Korea. Similar to Purse Forum, Park was promulgated on another forum. Park was glorified by the Administrator of that forum in such a way that his skill and ability seemed superb. I now realise that this was a ploy used by Park to self-promote his clinic.

Relying on such, I went to him for an eyelid revision.

During our consultation, I asked that asymmetry be corrected and in particular an issue regarding the shape of the left eyelid line. He indicated that the left eye was a difficult procedure but that it would be addressed. He did not tell me that he planned to create large double eyelid folds apparent to Caucasians. I did not ask for it, he didn't ask me and we did not discuss it.

He then suggested that I get epicanthoplasty. I did not know what epi was and trusted and relied on his judgment. Park neglected to inform me that epi would drastically alter my appearance and in what manner and that it was permanent. No other dr. that I've consulted with ever suggested that I get epi. My facial features do not support big, wide eyes.

Park did not correct for the asymmetry. He made the asymmetry much worse. He created an irregular incision line resulting in a very high medial point and sharp decline downwards. So much so that my vision is slightly impaired when I look to the side. Park caused ptosis in 1 eye. I cannot comfortably and fully open it without straining and frowning. Park did not correct the shape of the eyelid line as discussed. In fact, he didn't do anything at all to it. Not even an attempt as if it were just forgotten or disregarded. He made the eyelids so big that they are always droopy and half-open as if one were sleepy. The worst part is the epi. It completely changed my expression. It has changed my soft appearance to one that is fierce and immediately noticeable was that I looked several years older. The epi is not a reversible procedure in that reversal surgery can only mitigate the damage but cannot fully restore your eyes to its original state. This experience has left me in a state of depression and anxiety for 3 years which included covering up all the mirrors at home and avoiding social contact out of discomfot and embarassment.

To earn an extra $1,000 for the epi, a procedure that was not needed nor that would enhance my appearance, Park has effectively disfigured my face and afflicted my well-being. My once Asian appearance has now become foreign, unnatural and uncomfortable to look at. To further make some earnings, Park then recommended that I get a nose job to accommodate my new alien look. When I expressed my utter dissatisfaction at the outcome, he referred to me as "neurotic."

I'm finally somewhat emotionally prepared to go back to Korea this year for another eyelid revision and reversal epi to undo the damage caused by Park.

Park is a charlatan. He is unscrupulous and he is poorly skilled.

I hope my experience will help others.

hi john! i have communicated with dr. lee in the past - he seems awesome, meticulous and communicative. It's great to hear that you had a good experience with him. i'd love to hear more about it if you would be willing to share. would you mind if i asked what his rate was and what you had done?

Hi,

My experience with Oz is also not very good. There's another girl I spoke with recently who also did eyelids with Oz and her Oz-eyelids are unacceptable (asymmetry and discontinuous). These are my objective eyelid outcome:
1) Thick/ swollen/ and deep rubbery eyelids even after 6 months. Huge eyelids that are not tapered like we discussed and cut in a way which makes eyes look very round medially. Eyelids are also not cut symmetrically so the left eye looks almost parallel with a more tapered right.
2) Epi left scars which distorted eyeshape. Was told I don't have to worry about scars but I have scars. Epi did nothing to enhance and may have worsen overall appeal of face.
3) Said I did not have ptosis and did not measure eyes for ptosis pre-surgery but "fixed" a ptosis during surgery. Now the eye that was "fixed" is more ptotic than ever and got worse with time. Constant pain and tight feeling in the "fixed" eye. Prominent eye surgeon I spoke to said this is unacceptable practice as during operation, many factors can cause the eyelids to droop, like the numbing solution they inject. So "ptosis" found during surgery should not be touched as it may not be true ptosis. This opinion is echoed by many other occuloplastic surgeons I consulted.

Pictures do not really show the scar but my friends can see the scar very clearly. Only comment about the surgery are " look different" and "look older"

I think there are better surgeons out there. I take responsibility for wanting the surgery in the first place but I know the results I got at Oz is substandard and I definitely need a revision because of the ptosis. Full disclosure about risks was not given and common risks like scarring are played down during consultation.

Just from reading from the forums, mainly the nose job forum, it seems he is expert at double eyelids. Also the B and A on his website are the best I have seen. Although there has been a lot of crap said about that clinic ie too busy, impersonal, I don't really care about that as long as they do a good job : p

Also there's a few personal experiences on this forum which were all pretty positive: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68893&st=6220

I think you need 5 posts to PM? This is my fifth so hopefully can do so now. Yay!

I don't think I can PM you, even though I've already made over 5 posts. Maybe you can try PMing to see if it works? :smile:

sure! send me a pm with your questions.

Hi, I don't know if anyone has posted anything regarding what i'm about to ask as there are too many pages for me to go through so i do apologize if i'm asking what someone has already answered. Like everybody here, i'm obviously interested in double eyelid surgery, epicanthoplasty, basically eye surgery. What I'm curious about is whether this could lead to heavy folds and wrinkles in the eye area when you are older and gravity sinks in. Many girls look so pretty with these gigantic doe eyes after surgery but what about when they are older? say in their 30s- 40s? People with natural double eyelids or deep eyelids to me have more wrinkles and folds around their eye areas compared to people with single eyelids. Thus ( my perception) that caucasians look older than asians of the same age. If so, then the double eyelid surgery will never be a long term solution. I hope someone can clear this up for me as this is the only reason why I still haven't gone ahead to korea to get my surgery. xx