BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

Hi Kayrider; thanks for your long post. I will need some time to create a thoughtful response :smile: I genuinely am interested in hearing viewpoints like yours although I may disagree.

I will say something though; asian people in asia who are trying to have white skin is not usually due to them wanting to be white, it's a part of the asian culture to want pale skin because its a status symbol (example, not having to work hard in the fields). However, over here in the States, we all (including asians) want to be tanned and bronzed.

In my opinion, the standard of beauty is the same for people of all races: Nice skin, bright eyes, big smile, trim body no matter what size.. so you will find that even when asians are skinny, there will be reason to criticize even then..). But then everything else is a matter of personal preference.

People in the west want high cheekbones, but people in Korea like flatter cheekbones. That doesn't sound like they're getting surgery to become more white.

The media does have a tremendous influence. I've been working in Hollywood for a couple years now, but I have to disagree with your examples about why these Asian stars you listed are not famous in America. It's very difficult to have a buzz, even if you are white. Even A listers like Charlize Theron, who is tall, beautiful and blonde, had to change from a South African accent to an American English one. Rain does not speak good English, if I recall correctly from seeing the movie. Did he even speak more than 5 words in the movie? On the other hand, John Cho, who I don't find to be handsome, is super famous in the younger generation.. bc he's funny and people can relate to him.

I guess I don't find those examples relevant in proving that Hollywood is keeping the asian people down. As you said, Rain is still a superstar in Asia. Not a lot of people specifically request a Caucasian nose or eyes when they're getting plastic surgery. Also, I've found that most people can't help who theyr'e attracted to. If an asian person thinks they can attract a "rich white man", then maybe that's because they were raised in a poor village and not something that's been planted in their heads by Hollywood. Many asians do not care to date a rich white guy, they'd rather land a rich asian one ;)

Oh, and why did I get surgery? Because I am the only one in my family who had an ugly, short nose. The rest of my features were alright. All of my cousins are gorgeous, with naturally high noses and big eyes. So that's my personal reason.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sum it up, I just find it to be a disservice to the women on these threads who get surgery and ask for a natural look, to generalize that they're trying to be "white".

Some people just want to be prettier, not look like another race.

Hi there kayrider!

Yes please do let me know of your opinion on those clinics and of the hotel too. Do let me know how you're getting to the hotel cos I've never been to Seoul before so I'm totally lost.

Appreciate this so much! Which other ones are you visiting? I was thinking of adding VIP to the list. And I think Clinic 9 is now called Seoul Plastic Surgery if I'm not mistaken.

Please do post updates. I will only be going end July but it'd be good to know some feedback beforehand. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Planning on heading at the beginning of Sept! I'm new to this, is there any way to message each other?

hello everyone, im new here and this is only my second post.

In need of eyelids revision.
Can anyone give any feedback on bk, banobagi or dr kang from iou clinic? whether its personal exp or opinions? anything feedback or info would be much appreciated. Im leaning toward these 3 clinic at this point.

Thanx you all.

Hey I'm planning to do eyelid revision in Korea too! I'm looking at dr kwon from teuimps. When are you traveling?

You can contact me at xxxx we can discuss more :smile:

Hi all

Has anyone had any experience with a surgeon from Banobagi other than Dr Park?
I was told by the nurse that a particular surgery date was NO PROBLEM, and went ahead to book my flight & accom. Only to be told by later later that Dr Park will be overseas.
This is quite frustrating.

I have also emailed and called up Teuim clinic and the nurses there do not really speak conversant English very well and we could not understand each other at all.

Dr Lee from Apgujeong Seoul Plastic Surgery does seem quite promising from my research so far, so any comments or reviews on him would also aid greatly.

Thanks!

Hoping to go around oct/early nov....
Be nice to have a travel buddy cause ive never been to korea b4 and i have no idea what im doing. Goin into this bind really.:wtf:

On top of my post above, I was recommended Dr Soo Woo Joung to replace Dr Park. Any experiences with Dr Soo Woo Joung from Banobagi?

Hi everyone!

I recently joined this forum because I want double eyelid surgery too. I am planning to go to Teuim with Dr. Kwon for double eyelid surgery w/ magic epi. And going to Banobagi for nose and jaw (not sure if I need jaw reduction - but getting surgery to slim down my face).

I am planning to go in May 2012 and stay till around July? Maybe even before that. But I dont want to go back home too soon so that everyone knows I had surgery done. Heard its great to go in May too since it is not high season for plastic surgery in Korea.
I have not booked tickets or anything yet. But I have spoken with Banobagi and asked them about pricing and a few other questions. I recently just sent them a second email, they did not take very long to get back to me on the first one. Within 24 hours? They are very nice. Not sure who I spoke with though since they have a general email address on the website.

For those who are planning to get nose and eyelid surgery...Banobagi told me to go get eyelid surgery done first and than do my nose and jaw.

I am thinking of getting magic epi. I do not have small eyes...but I used to have a lazy eye when I was young..which made my eyes have a slight asymmetrical look. I do have a double eyelid but its not very prominent. Some of my friends think I'm crazy and say I do have a double eyelid...but I'd like you enhance it to get a full distinct line.

Im getting these surgeries done to enhance my looks. I know it may seem like lots...But I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I will be bringing a translator along with me...my korean friend :smile:

If anyone would like to accompany me on this trip - split hotel fares, go to the clinics...etc. Please msg me! I am very excited but I am very scared. It is a long ways away till I get surgery. Especially when I haven't set dates yet. I am going in May for sure because I finish school in April.

Has anyone had personal experiences with Teuim for magic epi w/ double eyelid surgery or other procedures? Or Banobagi for nose or/and jaw reduction?
I have not personally known anyone that have at either places. But I've done much research at other forums and been to websites. And have set my mind at these places, but I do have room for comments and other suggestions!

I hope everyone who has had surgery is happy with their results. Everyone deserves to feel and look beautiful!:smile:

URGENT - NEED ADVICE!

Hi guys,

A few doctors have suggested I do transconjuctival fat removal to get rid of dark circles Just want to know what you girls think? Anyone has feedback/ opinion???

HELP! If I do, I gotta do this soon, like the next couple of days. So please advice me, thanks!!

Seems like most people on this thread already know what they want to have done. Is it possible to tell by looking at someone what they've likely had done? I know of course it's not unless you've seen their before picture. I know makeup and contacts can make a big difference.

I was just wondering about the kpop star Soyeon how she gets her eyes so big. She's straddling the bug/anime border but she looks fine! In case you don't know what I'm talking about:

http://twitpic.com/5tz222

Fat removal will not get rid of dark circles. Dark circles are the result of eyelid skin discoloration. The fat removal may make the bags under the eye look better but not the discoloration. Please make sure your doctor has had the proper training and is board certified and is not just a so called "cosmetic surgeon". Anybody with an MD behind their name can call themselves a cosmetic surgeon but a plastic surgeon has more than 7 plus years of rigorous training on top of 4 years of medical school to get there.