BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery

z-plasty is now considered "outdated" in many clinics, the "magic epicanthoplasty", where they just slit the corner and stitch is what korean doctors typically use now ^^

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody knows a good doctor (eyelids surgery) in San Francisco ???? I'm also interested. My friends and cousin had done it in Indonesia, so beautiful........

WOndering how much is it in California ????

• 2 weeks later...
That is not entirely all true. There are 2 major methods of calf surgery. The nerve method involves severing a nerve, which then results in atrophy (as you are speaking of.) The other method is calf resection, where part of the calf muscle is actually removed. I had calf resection and have as much strength in my calves as I did pre-op and experience no pain.

Hi guys,

I just stumbled across this thread, so i joined the forum. I'm going to have eyelid surgery in shanghai this november and I'm also planning to have the calf reduction surgery in Korea at the OZ clinic later next year.

Ashmi99, you said that you had the calf surgery done at OZ, are u happy with the result. What is the scar like, is it noticeable or has it healed nicely? also what was the pain like in the first few weeks after the surgery?

Thanx.:smile:

Where do you plan on getting your eyelid surgery in Shanghai? I visited several clinics there and I wasn't very happy with their results. So I think i am going to get my nose and eyes done in the OZ clinic in Korea this winter.

If the clinic in shanghai is better, I think i will def do it there.

I'm getting mine done at the Shanghai ninth peoples hospital (i think that what its called). It was recommended by my aunt who had hers done there, its supposed to be the best in in Shanghai.

There was also another one that she recommended called the Shanghai Generation Plastic Surgery Hospital, also supposedly one of the best in Shanghai. Their web site is:

English - www.sh-shuguang.com/
Chinese - www.sh-shuguang.com/english/

I had a look at some of their before and after pics and was pretty impressed by some of the results. The link for those are:

http://www.sh-shuguang.com/html/dbsc/
COLOR]

Hi. I am very happy with my result. I had the surgery in May 2005. If you read the entire thread, I posted some information about my results, as well as pictures. It was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made and worth the pain, recovery and money.

The scar is just a very light thin line. It is in the fold behind my knee, so it is not noticeable, except to myself and my fiance (who knows I had the surgery.)

As for the pain after recovery, it really varies. I had a very tough recovery. I was unable to walk normally for about 1 month. However, the girl who had surgery with me was able to walk well a couple days after surgery. However, I tell myself that I had a tough recovery, but ended up with fantastic results!

Thanx ashmi99. I think i would definitely do calve surgery now after hearing that you had such as great result.
By the way, how long did you stay in Korea for recovery? Did the plane trip have any effect on your calves?

I stayed for 2 weeks after the operation. I was able to check in for my return flight about 5 hours early, so I got a great seat right at the front of the plane. I had tons of room in front of me and was able to stretch my legs frequently. I think the flying does exacerbate the swelling a bit, but it is important to keep drinking fluids and stretching. Also, I was wearing the VERY TIGHT stockings, which help with swelling.

• 4 months later...
HI. I had the magic medial epicanthoplasty done. The results itself are great. No scar. However, I didn't know what the procedure was going into it and now I want it reversed. I am considering BK Clinic for it. Does anyone have any experience with BK? It seems that they are the premiere in Korea but I want to make an informed decision not just based on reputation alone. Anyone know anything about reversal of medial epicanthoplasty? Thank you.