BeautyHacker

Asian Rhinoplasty revision

Hi. Just had my surgery with a top Beverly hills plastic surgeon. Let me tell you he is very expensive. I am just 2 weeks post op and I'm not so happy with my result because he might have given me too high of a bridge. I can be wrong because its just 2 weeks and I'm swelling a lot which according to my Surgeon it's very normal. MT tip is upturned so you see a lot of nostrils not cool. I look like Ms piggy/Latoya Jackson /avatar all together. I'm so depress so I'm already looking into having a revision. You know my Dr is a very busy Dr and I always felt being rushed when I'm at his practice. I like to do my revision there with same Dr because he specializes in Asian revision and I don't think mine should be so difficult there because its simply to remove the bridge. I think my bridge may be too high for me given I'm Asian with kind of a flat n round face. My revision would only cost me 1500 for anesthesia given he believe I deserve one. I should because it was never my idea to get a bridge and lengthen my nose. But say I don't get a revision there I plan to go see Dr Anil Shall because initially he was my first choice. I really appreciate his eyes for subtle yet n natural results. I

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
The idea of having a silicone implant scares me. Like someone has already mentioned, I've heard dr. dean toriumi is one of the best surgeons for revision rhinoplasty. He is very expensive though, I think he charges up to $20000 for the surgery depending on how difficult it is. I wouldn't choose him for primary surgery, heard too many crazy stories! Also he prefers to use either cartilage or rib graft, rather than an implant. It decreases the risk of infection and will be better when you're older.

Did you have your surgery with Dr. Charles Lee? I was considering going to him for my rhinoplasty, but I've read bad reviews. Is he good? I think his area of expertise is in Asian eyelids and not rhinoplasty. I would hate to have to get revision afterwards :sad: If you could please reply or PM me about your experience, that'd be super helpful! Btw I've read one really bad review about Dr Shall, it pretty much scared me away from him completely! I can try to find it for you if you'd like.

• 5 months later...
All the posts regarding Anil Shah are fishy. They are all newbie members with no posting contributions other than asking questions about him.

Are there any other recommendations for revision rhino other than Dean Toriumi?
He seems like an excellent choice if I had 30K to blow on a revision. Any suggestions of
revision rhinoplasty experts in Seoul, Korea? It should be much cheaper there!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I realise this forum is not really useful anymore after too many not constructive and opinionated reviews.

People who are suddenly so helpful to you, are just ambassadors of the clinics. They do not appear with an agenda at first, but eventually you will find out.

Please have integrity for these ladies including me. These are people who are looking for genuine helpful reviews from personal experience, and not you bashing other clinics, and to bring up the clinic you are working for and upsell their service.

Realistically, those ladies who had successful surgeries, will not return to this forum as they already start to live their fabulous life.

It is us who are going for primary and revisions are coming to this forum to seek answers.

And those who work for their clinics answering us.

• 3 weeks later...
It's clear there are a lot of people here working for the clinics, but please don't confuse them with the people that are really trying to help... That don't bash but give you facts of failed surgeries and bad treatment... Please please take those warnings seriously, I can show you many people from this forum that made the mistake of ignoring warnings or thinking 'it was just one bad results, those happen to every clinic' and now they're regretting it... :sad:

If we work together we can help each other avoid mistakes and make the best decisions ^_^ there are good clinics and bad clinics, let's not go to the bad clinics and let's go to the good clinics, it doesn't matter which one ^^ Over a 1000 clinics in Seoul... Not an exaggerated number~ Need good info to make the right choice! Let's share our information ^^ That way the people who are only promoting a clinic or clinics that are part of the same concern or business agreement will be easier to spot and ignore...

• 4 weeks later...
Rhino revision is very very tricky! The PS I go to for my fillers is know for doing a super great job on revisons. I actually told him once his name was on the internet alot for being the "revision" PS and he chuckled. He said he does alot of them but he sure does alot of other facial work also.

do you mind to reveal your doc? else pm me his name if not allowed to be mentioned here? thank you ^^

Hey I totally agree with you. Although I'm very satisfied with my rhino, I want to go back for a minor nose wing reduction, hence why i'm back on this forum.

I've read a lot of pages before I did my rhino so I'm not sure whats going on these forums as right now. But I can tell you this, lots of international clinics all focus on pushing clients to write testimonials here and gives them a discount on their surgery.

Not only that, they have their "ambassadors" work on this forum as well, writing reviews, bashing other clinics etc. I don't condone any of this behaviour and it's unfair for everyone trying to find good information on planning their trip.

I am satisfied where I got my rhino done and I'm planning on going back because I understand how complicated my case was and knew that I'd need to do it twice. I am not paid nor have a hidden agenda, yet people who have genuine reviews like myself, whether you believe I am one or not, is getting more difficult to filter out.

I got ripped off by a translator last time and even though I did a lot of research, in the end it wasn't enough because back then, well I didn't see the warnings. So I'm back here once again planning my trip yet overly cautious and much more careful of the information.

Here' a tip, when in doubt, look at the forumer's history and see how/what they've been writing. If things don't add up, well you know who's writing it.

• 1 month later...
I agree -- I find it very weird when people write PRE-FORMATTED reviews that all sound the same, and usually it's to specifically talk up a clinic.