BeautyHacker

Asian Rhinoplasty revision

I've had my first nose job 5 years ago: it was an implant of a silicon material. I like everything about it (height, shape, size and so forth) except one thing: that it looks like plastic (you can see the silicon shape sticking on top of my nose).

I went to the Dr.Allegra in Seattle to have the implant taken out and do a nose revision using my own cartilage with a strong emphasis on the height, shape and size the same as my silicon implant. To my surprise, he made my nose look 5 times bigger, 1/9 of my silicon height that made me look like I hardly have any nose.

I've been very depressed since. I'm wondering if anyone knows that it's possible for me to undergo another surgery with the main focus on adding height. Thanks so much.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's considered one of the top rhinoplasty doctors in the world. his price is kinda steep though. he charges from 16K up to 25K. check out his work at www.deantoriumi.com.
he only uses autologous material, like ear cartilage and rib cartilage. I had post about my consult with him in the Asian Nose Job thread. You may want to check it out.

Thanks for the info MrLatte. I've looked at some of his work and yes he have done so many fine jobs with the rhinoplasty revision. The fees are a little expensive for me. I guess I'll keep looking around or wait a little longer.

My main concern though is that is it possible to undergo a third time nose surgery?

• 10 months later...
Since you need a redo rhinoplasty you may also want to consider Dr. Anil Shah. He trained with Dr. Toriumi but Dr. Shah does not charge as much. Dr. Shah is actually better regarded in the fashion circles as one of their go to guys. I have had a few friends fly out to use him and they all look really natural and are thrilled with their noses. He is hard to find on the web so here is his website

• 2 months later...
i find Min22 a bit suspect. registered on may 2009 with only 2 posts, both of which promoting natural cartilage and bashing artificial implants and promoting a particular surgeon.

why would someone who hasnt had rhino spend free time lurking on a rhino board? just because his/her "friends" used him? seems odd. especially the gratuitous promotion part and web links.

not offense and my apologies if it is legit but its just my opinion and think others should consider it before blindly believing what they read on a board.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone heard anymore info about dr shah from Min22? i am wondering if there is a way to get in contact with these people his person talks about that went to dr shah? i am looking onto him for a revision.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, asian nose job is classified by surgeons as ethnic rhinoplasty. Results for any surgery vary according to the patients natural anatomy, skin thickness, and method of surgery. If you are considering a procedure, I think its worth seeking out a surgeon who specializes in the type of procedure you're considering and making sure they have a good amount of experience working on cases that are similar to yours. Hope this answer helps. :smile:

Hi i have a similar situation..

only thing tt bugs me is once u remove your implant.. a certain capsule develops.

this adds to the width of the bridge.....

Thing i noticed is your own original cartilage tends to shrink.

I find the best compromise is using 'I' implant for the bridge which requires a solid structure and to provide satisfactory height.

Followed by ear cartilage for the tip.. usually the 'plastic' look is formed by the result of 'L'-typed implant i feel.

• 5 months later...
I dont know if your still looking on information about Dr. Anil Shah, but im a patient of his. Just had my septo/rhinoplasty done 9 days ago. If you want some information on him, i can definitely help you out. I had a hard time finding stuff about him before i went with him too and it was kind of frustrating. Feel free to contact me back and we can chat about him.

Thanks!

Hey, im looking for information about Doctor Shah, i;m flying to chicago in two weeks to see him. So, any information would be helpful.
ThanksSS