BeautyHacker

Nose Job: America?(MI) or South Korea?

Yeah!! Me too i want to go to korea to get a nose job (hate my huge nose) but i dont know how to speak korean, would that be okay? cause i dont want my non speaking korean self get in the way of going to korea to some surgery done, please answer someone!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bored4life101 -- I would also love to go to korea to get my "huge" nose done too!. But I'm so scared!!

Marcella P. - I can't seem to find a website for Dr. Guyuron. Can you link it to me?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would never get plastic surgery in a foreign country. There are tons of risks involved so going overseas where you have no legal protection and you are getting it for the cheapest price seems like a terrible idea. That is something you should not skimp on price wise. You get what you pay for. It will be PERMANENT.

• 2 months later...
Hi can u send me your pics of your nose surgery? [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...
Hey ladies,

I thought I would share my rhinoplasty experience as well since I really appreciated other people sharing their experiences when I was deciding whether or not to have it done and with which surgeon.

After reading MANY forums and experiences of rhinoplasty patients, I decided to go with Dr. Jung at Shimmian Clinic. At first, his email responses were slow but he has many patients and a limited staff who spoke English at the time. Now he has a specialized crew just for patients from overseas.

I had my procedure done along with lower blepheroplasty (to remove eye bags) in August 2010. I traveled alone to Seoul and was a little nervous at first. But the staff was very nice and gentle and spoke enough English to get by. Dr. Jung also speaks good english and my consultation went well. There was very little pain involved with the surgery.

I paid $4500 USD for rhinoplasty and $750 for my lower bleph (usually $1500 but got it half off since I was getting rhinoplasty done). I am extremely happy with the results and how natural it looks. My nose is a lot higher and my nostrils are narrower but no one new can tell that I've had rhinoplasty done. Only my family can since they noticed how much higher and narrower my nose was.

I am so glad I went with Dr. Jung in South Korea instead of a surgeon in Canada or the US. I think that an asian doctor understands the asian nose a lot more. And Dr. Jung has worked on so many asian patients and has had great success.

Rhinoplasty was a huge step for me, it is my first and only cosmetic procedure (other than bleph). I know it's a bit more expensive than other clinics in Asia but my face is very important to me and I wanted it done right more than anything. I've heard of too many scary stories of numerous revisions and dissatisfaction.

His email is [email protected] if you have questions about their prices or procedures. And he also has a website: http://www.nose.co.kr/english/main/main.asp

Good luck to you guys!

Hi Carmen, did you get alarplasty in order to narrow your nostrils? I'm a bit worried that I might need alarplasty because the scarring might be a lot more visible.

thanks for sharing your experience, I am going to go to Dr Jung too

I have plan to visit Dr. Jung
If you contact his e-mail. You can get the information and on-line consultaiotn [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
ITA. Being that you are from the US, I would HIGHLY recommend staying here for that kind of surgery. If you are looking to save some money, you could possibly look into ENTs since many ENTs are also certified in Plastic Surgery. If you have a need for Rhinoplasty, you likely could require septoplasty since your septum is probably not straight, which insurance will cover if there is a medical need (sinus issues, migranes, breathing issues, etc.). You will still need to pay for the Rhino, but the hospital fees and anesthesia will be covered under the septoplasty, which will save you over $1000.

• 4 months later...
Hi Carmen24,

Do you know what material Dr Jung use for your nose? Silicone or gotex or your rip cartilage ? I am really concern about it right now