BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

To : PurseAddict. Did u get my PM to u? If not, u can email me at [email protected] (l for London, n for Norway). I can give u details n send u my b/a pics. U can read all my details n write ups on my eyelids surgery n stay in Seoul in Purse arnd 1-4 April.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally AGREE WITH YOU TWO! I came around 12pm plus and when my friend and I entered the room, we were greeted by this friendly lady. She asked if we were seeing Dr Kim and she told us to fill in the form. I saw Dr Kim sitting at the far end of the table in his jacket and just staring out at the scenery. For me, it was like seeing a celebrity cuz I have heard so much about his work and attitude, both good and bad. I was like, ""OMG it's him!" to my friend. Haha

Anyhow, we filled in our particulars, and there was this section with the "what kind of surgery are u interested" and I was like, well, I don't know what is the name, but I do know of the result I want. Then at the bottom is the "Questions" section. Once again, I don't know what to fill in. I even forgotten what I had written. But I urged my friend to come up with at least one question. For the surgery, I wrote "incision double eyelid" and "rhinoplasty"

While we were cracking our brains to ask smart questions, another guy(he looks Japanese for some reason) kept asking us if we were done. I was thinking, well, if I were done I would tell you. It felt like they were hurrying us along. In the end I just thought heck it and went to consult Dr Kim. He saw my name on the paper and asked, "Chinese?" Whaaaat?

I said yes. Can't really remember what happened, but I know for sure he wasn't paying attention to what I said about my nose. I said I wanted to remove the hump on my nose and he wasn't even looking at me. It made him seemed bored. Then he asked if I wanted to get implants, I said no. And that was it. Then he put his hand on my forehead and asked me to open my eyes. He said my eyes aren't fully open(I think it was my droopy eyelids) and he will make my eyes bigger.

BUT I DIDN'T SAY THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED!

Then he took my photo with his PHONE and said he will email me after he goes back to Korea. That was it. Some consultation it was.

My friend seemed to have better treatment I guess, cuz he gave her their pen? LOL

Gonna wait for his email and most probably not going to BK. First impression counts and he blew it.

Gonna book a ticket to Korea on the 1st of July, and staying there for about a month... I'll be staying at a relative's house, so the rent is not that taxing on me =D

Are you only going to do your eyes? Im hoping to get my nose done too...

I don't know much about teium but feedback are rather good. Definitely heard lots of good stuff about jewelry. How about regen? Feedback pretty good I think xD

Hi dan4me, thanks for sharing the insights! I've been thinking abt doing double eyelid and vline. I saw some videos showing vline operates inside our mouth. Do u have difficulty eating for first few days? Do u mind sharing what is your diet like since day 1 of surgery till when u can take normal food like BBQ in Seoul? I am planning to go jeju after the surgery for holiday so wanna plan my itinerary well like when I can safely fly to jeju. Diet is also my main concern as not sure what I can and cannot eat and when.

Also, do u mind sharing your b/a photo? My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

I think I know what Japanese looking guy you were referring. He is good looking and has a very charming attitude. When I first wrote on the form, I said alar base reduction. That was when I was very green with 10% Rhinoplasty knowledge, and I thought I had an ok nose height. Mr. Charming looked at my form and told me that I should have a tip too like his nose, and he pointed his nose as an example! :graucho: Dr. Kim also said I should have a tip too for my nose is flat.

I also think BK's Dr. Kim is very direct. If he thinks other areas needs improvement, he will just say it even when the patient didn't indicate that she wants it. It is also his tone and saying it matter-of-factly that gives the impression he's not listening and his views are right, no argument. -_-

Though I was not impressed with my rushed consultation and lack of hearing of my opinion, that session gave me some insight that perhaps he was somewhat right. Couple of months latter, after the consultation with other docs in Korea, I am convinced that a tip is reconmended for my nose and went ahead with the surgery. So take it positvely as some professional info gained. ;)

Yea he's quite good looking! Haha! He was friendly, even chatted us up while we were filling in the forms.

Guess it was Dr Kim's confidence then? Hmmm... maybe you are right. :P

I'm concerned about getting implants for the nose. Is it possible to get a defined nose without implants? I've heard of implants shifting. That's pretty scary @_@

haha. That's where research comes in :smile:

If you look at Xia Xue's case (Singapore's famous blogger), in her first NJ she used a silicon L shaped implant. Her nose looks fine and straight after surgery, but it somehow shifted a couple of months latter. I think because it's a L shaped where the whole thing is connected to your tip, more chances of the whole thing being "whopped" if not handled carefully.

Her second NJ is using silicon implant on the bridge, and septal cartilage for tip. So far her nose looks fine and no cases of shifting. Also, L shaped implant are not widely used anymore. All the PS docs I've consulted on nose (2 SG docs, 3 Korean docs) all has stopped using the L shaped method since late 2000. For tip, they usually use ear cartilage or septal cartilage. And as for the bridge, usually silicon or gortex.

Below website from a Japanese Plastic Surgery clinic, explaining how L shaped implant can be unstable. Hopefully this gives you better insight that with the right implant method used, there won't be shifting :cool::

http://www.kyoritsu-biyo.com/eng/html/5.html

Hello Worries,

I just dropped an email to Dr Chung however I received a "Failure Notice" in my Inbox.
This is message I got. Does he have another email?

I sent it with my b/a pictures. :smile:
I hope it helps ! :smile:

Oh dear Dr Chung email is [email protected]
Sorry for the wrong email

Ya Dr Chung will reply in 2 days if he busy.. He read his email during lunch hr this what I saw when I'm at his clinic

thank you so much for your reply! :smile:
How about the recovery? how long it will gonna be?
And how long the procedure takes ?
Will they give any discounts?