BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

I haven't really been following the forum... So I don't know if you've updated everyone already... D:
But how's your face? your butt? pain all gone? looking good again? Update us on your progress~! :biggrin:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks :sad:

i know if they were ripping me off, i wouldn't get PS at their clinic. Actually, it really doesn't matter if they are including the tax or not. As long as the overall price isn't gone overboard, the tax is fine :smile:

Yup, i've been keeping everyone here updated on my situation. Check a few post back and you see that i have posted along a few picture as well. But to summarize, face and nose doing ok, but the butt is a bit arrogant, so its healing much slower. But on antibiotic now. So not too concern :smile:

I am currently here at VIP with a fellow forum'er who is doing his treatment so i thought i provide a quickie. My facial Swelling is coming down gradually day by day. Had a bit of a concern with the symmetry of my cheek in the beginning, but that turn out it was just swelling. So breathing a sigh of relief~ nose are getting more and more define everyday, which is always assuring to see. Thus far am very please with what i'm seeing. I am extremely fortunate that i decided on dr shin to do my nose and cheek bone reduction. Met a few patients of dr Kim who weren't all that satisfied with their result. And met with a chinese patient of dr hong and her result look pretty good even though its only day 2 post op. not much swelling on her face. Also met with 2 guys who had their eyelid surgery done at tieum. The result isn't all that bad. One of them had a rhinoplasty using ribby at VIP. A big aesthetic improvement in his overall appearance. So far this trip has been very productive for me. Got a new face and nose as well as learn quite a few things about other clinic beside BK and ID. Will be back in seoul in a few months for fat grafting and love band.

Hi ginger candy,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm also heading to BK clinic for rhino on 20/9 with Dr Hong after reading some good reviews about him. Your story just reinforce my confidence in him!

Can i ask how long did you take for the swelling to go down to presentable state? I need to go back to work (unfortunately) on 25/9 and i really hope people at work won't freak out lol...
Also, when did u have your stitches removed?
Whereabouts did you stay during your time in korea? Trying to find a close hotel...

Are you happy with the results so far?

Thanks a lot! Would be happy if other members care to share/advise :smile:

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your review and glad that you're healing nicely. :biggrin:
Could you let me know if VIP is busy right now? Were there a lot of clients that you saw in the waiting room (?) or were you spending time in the Officetel?

I hope I will have a big aesthetic improvement to my appearance too... So very nervous but I think it will be worth it!

Yes, walking around to promote blood circulation and wearing a mask and plaster is to aid recovery and protect against infection so its alright. and it the land of plastic so I doubt anyone will bother looking. besides if several of the patients hung out together in a cafe chatting would be good and fun... like a PS Party!!! woots! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

When I was studying in Seoul, during one of my summer holidays I was travelling back from Busan to Seoul, I saw a woman with a head band round her entire face and a bandaged nose but she was so bothered about it and was like hiding... at her window seat in the train. the whole trip back from Busan to Seoul she was like looking at her mirror incessantly. LOLs! so my classmate told me that she just had PS in Busan and going back to Seoul.

However, it did not hit me to do PS when I was living there... My mum told me off last nite - "you stupid! you should be doing PS when you were living in Seoul!!! why come back then you wanna go back and do!? waste time ah!"... kekekekekee! :lol::lol::lol: I told her I did not think of it because busy with school and was wearing glasses the whole time so the glasses sort of hide my imperfections. :graucho::graucho::graucho:

yah one thing, my mum been watching K-drama since like yr 2000... lols!

May I know what reviews did you hear about OZ? Could you let me know if you don't mind?

choosing the right surgeon is essential but which surgeon with lots of experience is in which clinic is the million dollar question. there are plenty of clinics. the one that ruin my face is doing PS too. but I will not even ask them via email, let alone consult them... even when consultation is free.

so is the pricing issue. too many questions...

I read someone here mentioned that they are trying to rip people off. I believe it is true to a certain extend, I guess because foreigners are not citizens of their country so usually medical fees are a little higher. However, I sort of calculated the difference between S-One Plastic Surgery and BK Hospital and OZ Clinic. it is close to S$1.3k difference and that is a whole LOT.

Oh by the way JW PS wrote to me just quoting the nose plasty bet USD$3000 to USD$4000.

I saw ITEM quote KRW2,500,000 for nose surgery and KRW2,500,000 for forehead implants in their Korean online consultation.

I have written to them... will wait and see what is their reply.

hi and welcome, fuzzyling!
just wanted to say that if your surgery day is sep 20 and you have to be back at work sep 25, you might still have cast/ taping/ stitches! it depends on what you get done though and you might have it removed sooner but usually i hear from patient stories that cast/ taping stitches is removed day 5-7 and sometimes even day 10 (like alar stithces).

although maybe hte doctor is removing it earlier for you? not sure if that's preferable thgouh >.<. definitely check if you need to make travel and accomm plans! good luck!

Haha Shane! Your arrogant butt! (: anyway I saw the photos of after operation and ur simulation photo and I must say ur real result turned out much better. Anyway I'm sure of doing the same procedures either at bk or id, leaning more toward bk now because of the guest house. I'm wondering is ur butt now scarred? It is noticeable? I'm not concern about the pain just don't wanna have ugly butt lol.

Keep walking! Can't wait to see ur new face when the swelling comes down.

Any updates from gingerlady? How's she doing? Haven't heard from her for a while..

Lol. Trust me I don't care if people stare.. Hence I bought some surgical masks over the internet last week so I have them ready to be used :biggrin: A friend also told me that in Seoul apparently they sell these fashion surgical masks especially, and they're all pretty-looking - ha, almost like a fashion accessory!! So if I see one I might as well get one - wear it in style!!!! :cool:

Bless, at least your mum it seems that your mum is very open about the whole plastic surgery thing. My mum is originally from Thailand and you have no idea how popular Korean soaps are in Thailand - everyone is hooked on all the lastest series of soaps etc! Even my aunt bought my mum loads of dvds which she watches here in London in her spare time (imagine very very bad Thai dubbing over Korean!!!) so she's pretty aware of how amazing the actresses look! Hence, she wasn't surprised when I told her that almost all the Korean celebs have had PS.

I'm going to see ITEM too... What they said they would do to my nose was good and descriptive (and what I wanted of course) Only that they mentioned they would use 1mm silicone... That was Dr Kim who recommended it...

hey guys, may i know that in seoul after ps, what do you usually eat? i heard that sodium may increase swelling but the thing is sodium/salt is common in asian food. and i dont have a stove at my hotel where i can cook