BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh gosh my dear! hahah, so sorry about that... hope your meal was not spoilt :flowers: lol!

and glad to share! this forum has been so useful and friendly. never knew there was videos of it online so glad to share it when i foudn it. it's always good to know what they're going to be doing exactly while we are knocked out :roflmfao:! after seeing that, i can definitely see where all the swellingg can comes from.......!

oh babe! hope you are healing up well :flowers:!

sorry to hear about that... but from what i was reading online ("schedules" for patient visit for recovery after surgery to plan how long i would stay in korea) seems to be that some surgeries req longer stay?

did that guy get lipo or something like that? not sure which surgeries but apparently some req long stay......

like when i was researchingg rhino but that does not req hospital stay unless i do rib... but then when i wanted cheekbone they said i would stay in the hospital overnight that same night.......

hopefully they didn't mean to be unfair to you..... you seem quite nice like veryone else here too...!!!!!!

and about the prices, i am not sure... i was reading the singaporean cozycot forum on cheekbone reduction and they mentioned sometimes they will charge higher... or sometimes there are sales or promotion but only for domestic people...... sorry i hav no experience...... also i have no bargaining ezperience! not bargained for anything in my life because i never learned how, even when i went for vacation in asia :thinking:... am i supposed to? like do they list prices expecting that?

hug babe....... and wowowee you did it!!!!! are you happy?????? hope so!

Heya! Did you get my kakao message this morning? I can meet you in anytime before 3pm tomorrow, like in the morning time before you leave to the airport?

How are you doing mate? I'm leaving tomorrow :sad:

Not sure but their hospital looks grand. I passed it this afternoon. I emailed them whilst I was researching but didn't go for them coz I suggested silicone and I only wanted to use my own tissue.

Hey KKim :smile:

Thanks for sharing your story ^^ - glad you are liking your new nose :smile:

I have emailed JW clinic and they seem very nice and the prices are very reasonable!! Loads cheaper than the other clinics I have seen, so I am definitely going to put them in my list ^_^

Just wondering, how was your aftercare service? And where did you stay??

Im not going til March next year so I have a while but time is flying!!

OMG I'm so glad to not have seen this BEFORE my surgery! This is sooo terrifying!!!
That said... I realize now that I'll have surgical thread in my nose forever... hmm... does that count as an implant?

:sad:
I'm updating Yumi with a picture tomorrow. I'll send it to you too so check your kakaotalk when you get home~! I hope your nose is deswelling well! and that all is swell! ;)

The aftercare is BOMB. like SUPER BOMBDIGGITY!
They offer shampoo and laser deswelling treatment during your recovery, even after you've had your stitches removed if you ask Yumi to set it up for you... I'm sure you can come in everyday for shampooing if you asked... but I actually took full on showers (keeping my stitches dry) since day 2 post op, so it wasn't really necessary.

Depending on the season you go, you may even be allowed to stay in the recovery rooms for hours/the whole day/overnight... But since you're planning to go in march I doubt you'll be able to. That's super hot season right? When all the students have graduated and are looking to do PS before college/employment.. But Yumi is with you every step of the way, and was available to me via kakaotalk at all times. I'm sure you can call her in case of emergency as well, but I didn't have a phone...

I stayed at a guesthouse by Seocho station (http://elivingtel.co.kr/). I don't think it's for everyone, but it is 22,000 krw a night with my own shower and room. It certainly isn't anything luxurious but there's free wifi, a mini fridge/freezer in every room, and the guy who runs the guesthouse is very nice and helpful.

Good luck to you in March~!

Do you have an HSBC account? Cause if you do, there are HSBC branches in Seoul, and you may be able to access their atms (withdrawing money in krw) without incurring fees. ATMs typically offer the best exchange rates. I'd check with your HSBC representative to see what type of international service you would have access to.

In my case, having a Citibank account with gold membership meant that I can use any citi ATMs and my debit card freely without having to worry about any fees.

Two weeks ago when i was there, the bureau in Namdaemun market gave me the best rate. But try the clinics first, some accept british pounds. One clinic offered me a very good exchange rate of £1 to 1776krw as at 10 Sept. Definitely do not change in UK, the rate is so rubbish.

Tooney, you are so knowledgeable!! I salute you, you must have done your homework well to prep for the surgery. I have been having nightmares on and off ever since i got back, dreaming of losing the crease and reverting to my old self...how scary! i am just a worrier i guess.

the weather is getting cooler and cooler in London and i hope that will assist in the healing process. I was so tempted to try again the ointment that the nurse gave me, really desperate to get the swelling down but changed my mind when i remember how itchy it really was. I keep telling myself the only thing i can do is to be patient and wait for the end results. I can't wait for the day i can apply make up to see how i look

Thank you again for all your input