BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

kkim120,

Thank you for sharing. That's quite informative and makes sense when you explain it like that.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I told you that stuff was pure good stuff (even though it was a little bitter!)

I guess I was being fussy - it needed to taste good for me to drink something like that 3 times a day for two weeks!

The pumpkin juice I made yesterday has apple and pineapple juice, which I'm gonna put less of it in, in my next batch! ;) Did you get my kakao message?

Yep you are right, more important is his skills. My fren went to a top surgeon in Spore and it's the same, bad bedside manners but gd skills. Did you go to other surgeons for consultation before choosing Dr Kim?

Hope to hear your update soon :smile:

Hi you... How was ur post op care? Able to breath better now? My last 2 days here... Lets meet up again....
Tomorrow i'll go to gangnam for my stiches off... Yaaaaayyy..!!
Couple stiches already comes off by it self today haha

Hmm, for me it IS actually super important that I get along well with the surgeon. Of course the level of their skill is hugely important but if I'm travelling all the way from London to undergo surgery I'm a little vulnerable being in a big city like Seoul on my own, so I've got to listen to my instincts and trust the doctor. The last thing I want is feeling rushed during my consultation - that's like the most important part of looking for the right surgeon! There are a LOT of surgeons in Seoul (400 clinics remember) who are friendly + extremely good at their work. Dr Kim at BK has had good and bad reviews on this forum and I'm sure he is overall a very good surgeon (as he's still a working surgeon) BUT I think its extremely important that you feel 100% comfortable with them before you agree to under the sugery. So that includes liking the doctor on a personal as well as a professional level. And with hundreds of clinics to choose from, you can find that. I know, coz I did my surgery with one of them whom I trusted 100%. My 45 min consultation with him showed me that he cared about my feelings and what I did and didn't want. Personally, there is no way I would have surgery with a surgeon who took 2 mins of his time for my consultation. I'm a customer at the end of the day. So may surgeries go wrong because consultations are rushed and with that, sometimes a miscommunication between patient and doctors/translators (there are a few forumers here who've experienced exactly this, so I'm not just making it up..) Maybe because your g/f had surgery done with Dr Kim already, that made you gather more trust with him, but I personally would advise all new people to do as many consultations as possible in order to decide who is the best doctor they trust, and before that to of course research on that particular doctor. My consultation with BK was about 7 minutes, and I found Dr Hong very fast and had a "hurry up, get a move on" approach.. That made me feel super rushed and thinking there is no way I'm just going to now pay up $$$$ and not feel 100% confident with this surgeon. I thank goodness I didn't go with him because he actually gave me bad advise on my surgery (humpectory without lateral osteotomy which you apparantly shouldn't do according to all my research, plus it would look really bad) I went with Dr Park from OZ because I heard good things about him from other forumers here, did my research on him, his English is perfect, and the consultation was detailed and thorough. I also genuinely thought that he was a very calm, respectful and patient doctor, and I'm still in contact with him via emails today. That's the kind of surgeon I want and that makes it worth me giving my $$$$ to them. I;m not saying Dr Park is the best surgeon - of course he isn't, but one of the most important factors as to why I chose him was because I had that personal care and trust from him. One month post op and I'm very happy with my results. So yeah, from my experience, a rushed and quick consultation is a big no, I don't care how experienced they may be - there are so many other very experienced surgeons in Seoul, and its just a matter of making the time to do as many consultation as possible to find someone who does not make me feel rushed.

lol. But its good for you! Seriously, I left Seoul like almost a month ago and I was having pumpkin juice three times a day for the 2 weeks I was there. When I left I of course stopped taking them, and I found since I've been back in London the swelling hasn't really gone down as much as it when I was taking the pumpkin juice. Sooo, I made fresh pumpkin juice yesterday, and four glasses later I'm actually feeling the swelling has gone down a little. Like, this morning, i didn't feel so much pressure like I usually do first thing in the morning! lol, maybe its in my head, but I'm definitely gonna still keep making it. So yeah, try and keep drinking it! :smile:

I assume you still have your cast on right?

Hi Angiebellex,

I did not hv my PS consult with VIP and Regen (but I was at Regen for other reason and the impression I have is that it is pretty grand and has mixed of Korean and foreign patients waiting). I've not heard of IOU. I can't comment. Try to read the reviews about these clinics and visit them personally.:smile:

Yes Iam and i dont speak any korean nor chinese. Many clinics here speak fluent chinese rather then english. Haha..

I did rhino and double eye lid at wonjin.
Cant really tell the result yet. Will update u in few days later....

Hey Kkim, Eightbelow and I might be going there in March too. I want to stuff myself as much as I can then. Why dun you work in Singapore, and fly to Korea every quarter or half a year? I can't fly there as often coz my gal is my responsibility now. But I hope to go there at least once a year. :smile:

What I understand is instead of the conventional straight nose, you will have slightly higher, and little curvy tip? I saw some of those pictures before and when Dr Gim said he will give me S nose, I assumed its that. I did my consultation terribly coz I did not ask enough questions.

Thanks, Bambii.
Yes, I asked for a lower bridge and now I regretted. Though it looks natural, but my former bridge looks better on me. I am not sure if simulation helps, but we need to be sure what kinda nose looks better on us, before we go under the knife. I liked one of the ID nurse's nose, but it didn't look good on me as it is on her. *Sigh*

so excited to hear that your stitches are coming off! let me know what you have in mind in terms of planning

drinking it now...yeah, cast still on . 4 more days to go!!

Thanks! I really want to walk more, but there are way too many cars out there.. So I will walk circles in my room instead. hahaha