BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone !!

I am living in Pusan and would like to meet a good English speaker surgeon.
I found many websites on internet, but I really don't know which one to choose. It would help me a lot if you already know somebody, and if you could give me his phone number or e mail adress, I would be really grateful :smile::smile:

Thanks a lot

Catherine

Hi kamkamjuju,
thanks for your reply....I m still waiting for their email.....thanks.

Hi jane

I called Real cosmetic yesterday and they said that they do not charge for walk-in consults. You should try and get an appointment, I was attracted to this clinic because their aftercare service seems sooooo good. Also the lady on the phone spoke really good english if you wanted to call.

let me know if you go for a meeting! :smile:

No one can message you cause you are a new member. I plan on going on Christmas day.. will you be there then??

Hi JuicyME,

I'm most likely going early November, have you decided which doctors/clinics you want to have a consult with?

I'm feeling nervous and excited at the same time, only 3 months and a bit to go.

Let me know if anyone wants to go in November.

Grand is well known in Korea and popular among locals (heard from friends who studied or worked in Korea)

hey everyone! sorry i havent been checking on this thread since i last posted because no one replied...but i have posted my reviews of banobagi, dr jung and grand among others in the asian nose job 2 thread

here it is:

Hi guys!

I recently had rhinoplasty done in Seoul with Dr Lee of Banobagi. And this forum was so helpful for me in making my decision. So I would like to contribute a little back for those who follow

Here are some of my experiences in consulting with the clinics -

1. Dr Jung

Before I arrived, I had pretty much decided on Dr Jung because of his experience and reputation. But I had a few misgivings.

First, I asked Jay (the manager) to make my surgery one day after my consultation so I could have some time to think because it was such a big decision. But he ignored that and made the surgery on the same day.

Second, a few days before left for Seoul Jay called me and told me I had to be 100% sure that I would do the surgery with Dr Jung because he was really busy. Otherwise he would have to give away my surgery date to someone else. I guess I could have lied but I didn't. I told him I was not 100% sure and couldn't be without meeting Dr Jung first. On my insistence, he arranged for a call with Dr Jung. Dr Jung was very nice and understanding. In fact, he was surprised that my consultation and surgery was on the same day and arranged for two consultations before a tentative surgery date.

Third, on the day of my first consultation Jay came to pick me up. He asked whether I had left my money in the hotel and I said yes. He then drove me back to the hotel and told me to get my money because it would be unsafe. The consultation with Dr Jung went pretty well - he was very nice and responsive but seemed to be in a rush - he was behind a large desk and didn't feel my nose like a lot of the other doctors did. After the consultation Jay asked me to pay straight away and I felt pressured into it. Lone story short, a few hours after I changed my mind and wanted to consult with a few more clinics first. The good part was they gave my money back without too much hassle.

So basically I found Jay really pushy but Dr Jung was very nice although busy.

2. JW Clinic

I just walked in to this clinic and Dr Suh was able to see me so that was good. Note however that they do not speak English at all but luckily for me I speak Mandarin and they had a Chinese translator on staff. The main thing that made me decide against this clinic was because when I said I didn't want a silicone implant, Dr Suh suggested harvesting material from either my skull or my butt...which I had never heard of before and really turned me off the clinic.

3. Dream Clinic

Dr Park spoke a little English but not well. I quite liked him because when I said I didn't want a silicone implant, he didn't push it. He even suggested a filler made from my crushed septal cartilage to fill out the radix a little. But I decided not to go with him because our consultation was in a little nook next to the surgery room and he was in his scrubs. So it gave me the impression that he was really busy and had to juggle a lot of things at once - and I wanted a doctor who was fully concentrated on me during my surgery. Also he said he had to cut on the outside of my nose for my alarplasty which turned me off due to the risk of scarring.

4. VIP Clinic

The clinic itself is very nice and have a few people who speak English on staff. I just walked in and both Dr Lee and Joann were able to see me after a short wait. There were three reasons why I decided not to go with VIP.

First, before I went up for my consultation I saw a girl who had obviously had surgery there. Her cast was off so it would have been at least one week post-op. And her nose was huge. And her face was so small. I know that it may partially have been due to swelling but still...it was not promising.

Second, let me preface this by saying that Dr Lee was very nice. But his style is very dramatic whereas I wanted a more natural result. It seemed to me that instead of making a nose that suited the rest of my face, he wanted to change my whole face to suit what he believed to be the golden line or perfect facial proportions. And like everyone else on this forum, I was recommended rhinoplasty was rib cartilage, paranasal, forehead fat graft and genioplasty. Maybe if I had gotten all that done I would have looked beautiful but I would not have looked like me anymore...So I would only recommend Dr Lee for someone who wants a big change and doesn't mind looking very different.

Third, Joann was very responsive when I sent her emails before I arrived and gave me really detailed information which I appreciated. But she sold hard. And in my opinion, the clinic recommended procedures that were not necessary for me and not in line with the natural look I told them I wanted.

5. Grand Clinic

I actually just walked by this clinic and decided to go in because I remembered the name from a few forums. Again, they do not speak English here but had a Chinese translator. I consulted with a youngish doctor called Dr Park. I think he was by far the doctor that understood what I wanted. It was like we were on the same wave length. I told him I wanted something natural and he just recommended alarplasty and tip plasty. He was the first doctor not to recommend an implant for me. He took a lot of time explaining every little thing he was going to do and drew pictures to show me exactly what he meant. I loved the detail he went into and the natural result he wanted to achieve. The only thing that was missing was that I could not find anyone on any forum who had done rhinoplasty at Grand nor anything specifically on this Dr Park.

5. Banobagi

Banobagi was the clinic I ended up choosing. I liked Dr Lee a alot, only slightly less than Dr Park of Grand. He first asked me what I thought my biggest problems were before making his recommendations - and we both agreed it was the alar and tip. He initially wanted to put into a silicone implant but when I said I didn't want it he didn't push it. He also suggested a fat graft on the radix as an alternative. But assured me that even if I didn't get an implant, the alarplasty and tip plasty alone would make a big difference for me. I had two consultations with Dr Lee and one more right before my surgery. He was very patient with me which I appreciated.

Feel free to ask if anyone has any questions about these clinics. I am still in Seoul waiting for my nose to deswell so I have got plenty of time

Here are the prices I remember:

1. Dr Jung = 4500 USD for alarplasty, tip plasty and goretex implant

2. JW = 4 million KRW for alarplasty, tip plasty and silicon implant

3. Dream = 3.85 million KRW for alarplasty, tip plasty and crushed septal filler

4. VIP = 8500 USD for rhinoplasty with rib cartilage / 1500 USD for paranasal / 1500 USD for alar base reduction / 2000 USD for forehead fat graft / 1500 USD for chin fat graft

5. Grand = 2.8 million KRW for alarplasty and tip plasty

6. Banobagi = 2.53 million KRW for alarplasty and tip plasty / 3.3 million for alarplasty, tip plasty and silicon implant

hey i recently consulted with a dr park bum jin at grand and i really liked him!

here is there number: 1588-5153

but they dont speak english there. luckily i can speak mandarin and they have a chinese translator.