BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Word ! too may Kims indeed. :biggrin:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on how quick your consults are...for myself, I am visiting 3 clinics with Zoe in one day and which ill be done by 3 after that I plan to consult at wonjin on my own...we are starting at 10am. So its possible to do mayb 5? Consults probably aren't more than an hr. 3 weeks is good I'm going for 2.5 weeks :biggrin:

Nope I have not. Do I need to email them or can I just walk in for a consultation?

I have already booked tickets to Korea on the 1st of July. Most probably going to consult on the 2nd or 3rd.

Call me crazy, because I'm going to visit BK(again), Banobagi, Jewelry, VIP, Grand, OZ haha!

I made an appointment for a consultation. I would recommend that you make appointments with all these clinics/hospitals because I believe the summer is a busy time. I only have one appointment (at Regen) but am wondering if I should have more consultations. I just want to go to the best doctor for rhino.

I emailed ID and they sent me a very short reply that only said they needed to do CAT scans or whatever before they could determine if I needed orthognathic surgery or a V-line. Is this standard?

I was really hoping for a more in-depth answer than that!

Sorry, but who is Zoe?

Hi gals! Need help here... I visited BK Dr Kim one week ago for consultation in SG. It was a 5mins consultation with him. He took a pic of me on this handphone and I wrote down my qns for him to reply one week later.

[Just received his reply today. Too many technical terms that I dun understand so néed help.

I am Dr. Kim Byung-Gun, the director of BK Plastic Surgery Hospital in Korea who met you in Singapore on 5th May, 2012.

First of all, I was pleased to meet you, and I appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to attend the meeting.

And I apologize that I could not spend more time on the meeting for those who came in during the peak time slots.

I met you in Singapore with face to face meeting to see your face exactly and confirm what you need and what you want for your face.
*You have puffy and thick eyelids and need well defined double eyelids.
*You have excessive fat on lower eyelid.
*You have a receding chin.
*You have protruding mandible.

Based on above condition, you are recommended to get the surgeries below.

*Incisional double eyelid surgery
*Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty to remove excessive fatty tissue
*Genioplasty for chin advancement with T-osteotomy
*Mandible angle reduction to make your face slender

The details of these surgeries are as below.

*Incisional double eyelid surgery
Incisional double eyelid surgery can remove suitable amount of fat and connective tissue from eyelids in order to create crease and make nice and pretty eyelids. This procedure will help your double eyelid lines and your eyes look brighter and more defined.
*Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty
For bulging eyelids due to excessive fat, it can be corrected with transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty,and incision is made underneath lower eyelid. The remaining fat is relocated, and then fixedfirmly. Recovery period is veryshort since there is no scar and swelling induced when the procedure takes place inside of the lower eyelid.
This procedure helps dark circles to be improved, as well but it does not directly improve the color of the lower eyelids. Also, dark circles are usually caused by a variety of situations such as the shade made bythe fat inside and under eyes or thin skin etc. dark circles, if it has problems due to pigmentation cannot be directly corrected, so you may need to get dermatology treatment, for example, laser treatment
If you want to improve improve the skin texture and elasticity, you need to visit a BK Dermatology Clinic where located on the 15th floor of the BK building.

*Genioplasty for chin advancement with T-osteotomy
This procedure requires horizontal jaw resection for placement correction by pulling out your chin bone to create a proportionate image. X-rays and computer imaging system are required before surgery for accurate and safe operation. The incision is made through inside your mouth, and suture does not need to be removed since absorbing suture will be used. And to make wide chin narrower, T-osteotomy can be applied. The bone will be resected as T- shape and fixed with.
After the surgery, liquid diet is mandatory for the first week such as soup and porridge. You may move on to soft diet after first week and avoid hard and chewy food for about a month since it will be hard to open your mouth after surgery. You must gargle after surgery for 5 days, and then brush your teeth using a pediatric toothbrush. Numbness or bruise on surgical sites may disappear over time.

*Mandible angle reduction
Prominent jaw angle which makes the face appear as square shape may create masculine image. So, when you receive square jaw correction, overall face line connected to the neck will appear slim and smooth creating feminine appearance.
Long curved mandibular reduction using special mirror at BK hospital is a surgical technique originated by BK to contour the jaw line via specialized endoscope and surgical saw resulting high satisfaction after surgery. The amount of bone to be resected is precisely measured in symmetry using an endoscope so that there will be minimum bleeding and swelling with maximum accuracy for your safety and satisfaction.* *
If necessary, long curved reduction, width reduction, and fat removal on cheeks can be combined to reduce overall density in order to maximize results for individual.

The approximate price for these surgeries is as follow:
*Incisional double eyelid surgery: 1500USD
*Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty:* 1500USD
*Genioplasty for chin advancement and T-osteotomy: 6000USD
*Mandible angle reduction: 5000USD

And you asked me some questions, so please check precisely as follow.

What shape is recommended?
Cost,Recovery time
-The above/below information has answered your question.

You are recommended to stay in Korea about 1 week after the surgery for post operative treatment including stitch removal.

For patients who cannot stay in Korea for that long, they can have post-op treatments at their home countries without staying 1 week.

There is very low risk for side effects, but you may experience some degree of swelling and bruises after surgery temporarily. Recovery period including degree of swelling varies upon individual basis. Please, note that it may take up to 6 months to see the final results.

For your information, I perform surgeries in my hospital in Korea on every weekday.
If you would want to have a surgery at BK Plastic Surgery Hospital in Korea, please contact me at [email protected] or by call +65-93897749 or +82-1192000404.

However, if you want to have surgery in China, you may have surgery in Beijing or Shanghai. I visit Shanghai and Beijing twice a month on Sundays and perform surgeries there.

When contacting me via e-mail, please leave your name, contact number, name of the surgery you are interested in, and desiring date and time slot for consultation and surgery in your e mail.* And in case you want to request for hotel reservation and airport pick-up service, please tell me your flight information as well. I can arrange your reservation for hotel or pick-up service as you wish.

Additionally, BK Plastic Surgery Hospital provides free accommodation service to overseas patients undergoing surgery, so you may stay in the admission rooms or guest house with charge free if you request it in advance.

If you want to reserve a certain time slot for surgery, then you may request a desiring date and time slot via e-mail. And, after confirmation on it, you can provide a deposit through bank account and set up an operation schedule. More precise information will be sent out via e-mail after submission of your request.]

I need help! So many technical terms used.
Does anyone know what is:
*Transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty
*Genioplasty and T-osteotomy
*Mandible angle reduction

I dun understand what they mean and the procedures. Do u mind sharing with me pls?

Thanks a million!

All I can tell you is that mandible angle reduction is the same as square jaw reduction, and genioplasty and t-osteotomy is v-line surgery. :smile:
I know it because I had them. haha

Thanks dan4me! :smile:
This certainly gave me a clearer pic on procedure.

Btw thanks dan4me for the the pic! I really love how u look now! :smile:

Btw Dan4me, do u think the quote they gave me is reasonable? Do u know if BK can allow any negotiation or would I piss them off if I try to bargain?

You can also consider Banobagi and Jewelry. Doc not sure which but can always search thru this forum and another one called Asia Nose Job 2. :smile:

Consultations is free anyway so just go for it. lol. Just don't do too many till you confused yourself.