BeautyHacker

best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, am reading through the procedures again...
What is the differences between mandible reflection and genioplasty and t-osteotomy? Can I opt for one among them?

He mentioned something like he will make my chin protrude with genioplasty. Is this necessary for sharp slim contour? I have a rather long face already, so wondering if this genioplasty will make my face even longer and look weird?
I basically want a slim narrow contour so not sure what the different surgery mean and which I shld go for in order to have slim narrow contour.

@PPpeppeepers, thanks! I plan on consulting for 2 days, so visiting about 10 clinics sounds like a good plan. ^^ I also plan on taking lots of pictures of these places and around Korea to document my trip to represent those of us who are looking into jaw surgery (most procedures done seem to be rhinoplasty and/or eyelid surgery, but I think it will definitely help them out too with their decision-making). I wonder if taking pictures inside these clinics are allowed? :confused1:

From what I've read, genioplasty is just a generic term for surgical work done on the chin. Genioplasty can either mean reduction or augmentation of the chin, just like how breast surgery can either mean reduction or augmentation of the breasts.

And I assume you mean mandible reduction when you mentioned mandible "reflection"? Mandible reduction involves shaving the jaw to slim down the jawline.

T-osteotomy, a type of V-line surgery, includes both mandible reduction + genioplasty. So typically the doctor shaves your jaw, takes out the middle part of your chin, and brings the sides of your chin together to provide more definition. People with stubbier chins tend to opt for this procedure.

There are also others who receive chin implants, but I don't think that's part of the T-osteotomy procedure.

If you feel like you don't need anything done to your chin, then believe and stand by it. Unless the doctor/consultant convinces you otherwise, of course. :P

Below are some diagrams illustrating the procedure. Hope this clarifies any questions you may have.

Also, if I'm wrong in any way. Feel free to correct me, guys. We're all in the learning process together. =)

Thanks a lot Eiimiho! appreciate your explanation and diagram! Feel so much assured now ha ha.

And agree, we're all in the learning process together!! :smile:

Any time. :cool:

Oh! And do u know if this is almost a permanent face structure if I go for vline surgery? As in 20yrs later it won't change much or I dun need to redo again ya if done well after the surgery ya? Cos I heard breast augmentation needs to make a brand new set after 15 yrs as it had lifespan.

The reason why doctors recommend breast augmentation to be redone after roughly 15 years is due to the implants' expiration dates. However, I think that recent technology for silicone implants are safe for a lifetime?

When saline implants break then of course you have to change it because it's visible. The new silicone implants don't leak when they break.

Basically, the patient doesn't need to change them out if unnecessary or if there's no change.

However, jaw surgery involves shaving the bone, so I can imagine that would be hard to redo. If you're happy with your results the first time then there's no need to go back to redo anything.

Hope this helps. =)

Doode, I'm chicken too. >.< But I convinced myself that anything will make me look better than how I do now. Hope I don't jinx myself =X

Thanks Eiimiho! Phew, more assured again.
I was watching a Taiwanese interview, they say Taiwanese surgeon uses a mini saw to "saw" the bones. But Korean surgeon uses laser to do incision and bones removal. I can't imagine how "saw" was used in Taiwan. Think my mouth will be opened to its max.

Yep it helps with bruising and swelling. Sinnech is more potent arnica especially formulated for surgery. You can order it online I ordered mine from makemeheal website...if you are from the u.s. But if you are from like singapore..I'm not very sure. :smile:

Thanks Pppeppeepers! Ya I'm from SG so not sure where I can get that. I haven't planned my date yet ha ha.